You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

You put it like Shitty actually have the moral high ground. They are cheats, and they have made a huge contribution to the demise of football...

Huge contribution to the demise of football? How so?

I agree with the bloke who said football should boycott Tevez. Despicable character listening to some average advice it would seem.

Guest ShoePiss
This double Texeira story reminds of The Kid From Argentina in Roy of the Rovers. I hope we haven't signed the wrong one;

Showing my age,I know.

Yeah and Teixeira plays for Sporting, Texeira played for Sporting too...on a different continent.

Are we buying both just to make sure?

4th was something which was always going to be tough

We're still in the process of rebuilding

Probably prior to a ball being kicked it was, but considering how the teams above us have done we should be doing all we can to push for 4th and were not, we should have had a striker lined up the minute the window opened given what happened with Suarez and how Carrol has been playing.

We've had one of the best defences until lately but been shite finishing, the midfield can wait until summer

Probably prior to a ball being kicked it was, but considering how the teams above us have done we should be doing all we can to push for 4th and were not, we should have had a striker lined up the minute the window opened given what happened with Suarez and how Carrol has been playing.

We've had one of the best defences until lately but been shite finishing, the midfield can wait until summer

I think midfield is a massive priority to be honest. We'll sort the finishing with one signing hopefully.

That midfield is a train wreck. Gerrard has been out all season and Lucas is out for the rest of the season and they are the only two who are reliable.

Bellamy is quality but can't always play, Maxi gets goals but adds nothing else, Adam has some quality but for me it's either him or Gerrard, Henderson needs time to improve and isn't influencing the game at all, Downing is massively underwhelming and Kuyt looks like he's ready for the glue factory.

Depending on what formation we're going to play and where we play Suarez dictates who we need to sign but that's another problem. What is our formation? We've played 442, 433, 532. That's a problem as well.

I think midfield is a massive priority to be honest. We'll sort the finishing with one signing hopefully.

That midfield is a train wreck. Gerrard has been out all season and Lucas is out for the rest of the season and they are the only two who are reliable.

Bellamy is quality but can't always play, Maxi gets goals but adds nothing else, Adam has some quality but for me it's either him or Gerrard, Henderson needs time to improve and isn't influencing the game at all, Downing is massively underwhelming and Kuyt looks like he's ready for the glue factory.

Depending on what formation we're going to play and where we play Suarez dictates who we need to sign but that's another problem. What is our formation? We've played 442, 433, 532. That's a problem as well.

And despite all that we were creating shit loads of chances up to recently, you can manage with a decent midfield, Utd have won a few leagues proving that. I've said I wouldn't object to a midfielder but finishing is what has cost us so far this season, we need a proper partner for Suarez because he doesn't look like he will become prolific.

And despite all that we were creating shit loads of chances up to recently, you can manage with a decent midfield, Utd have won a few leagues proving that. I've said I wouldn't object to a midfielder but finishing is what has cost us so far this season, we need a proper partner for Suarez because he doesn't look like he will become prolific.

United have Nani and Valencia out wide. Far from average compared to our options.

Even if we got a striker in are we expecting him to score 50 goals? Suarez might get us 20 a season if we're lucky, the new striker 20 if we sign a cracker and then Gerrard might get 6 or 7. No one else scores goals that's why we need at least two wide men who score and create. That's an equal priority as a striker for me unless we play Suarez in a wide position and bring in two strikers or a striker and a goal scoring midfielder. Depends how we play

United have Nani and Valencia out wide. Far from average compared to our options.

Even if we got a striker in are we expecting him to score 50 goals? Suarez might get us 20 a season if we're lucky, the new striker 20 if we sign a cracker and then Gerrard might get 6 or 7. No one else scores goals that's why we need at least two wide men who score and create. That's an equal priority as a striker for me unless we play Suarez in a wide position and bring in two strikers or a striker and a goal scoring midfielder. Depends how we play

Jesus, I'm not talking about Utds current team. 50 goals? What the fuck are you talking about? No he'd need to put some of the chances away we have been missing, you know the games we have been drawing.

I doubt anyone expects them to sign 2 wingers, a striker and a fucking midfielder in January.

We haven't been scoring, we've been defending relatively tightly and havnt exactly been getting dominated in midfield minus a few exceptions. Striker is priority for me.

Jesus, I'm not talking about Utds current team. 50 goals? What the fuck are you talking about? No he'd need to put some of the chances away we have been missing, you know the games we have been drawing.

I doubt anyone expects them to sign 2 wingers, a striker and a fucking midfielder in January.

We haven't been scoring, we've been defending relatively tightly and havnt exactly been getting dominated in midfield minus a few exceptions. Striker is priority for me.

Valencia and Nani have played for them for a few years. Not sure how far back you were meaning.

50 goals is what the goal scoring difference will be between us and City at the end of the season, just to clarify.

It's a matter of opinion but it would be preferable if we could get some players who play in the attacking positions to add some goals and put in better quality service. I don't think we've created that many great opportunities to be honest, we've had lots of shots but we haven't been carving defences open. Look at a quality player like Suarez not scored as many as we would like even before the hastle.

We need a forward definitely. It would help us no end but I think adding some creativity and some extra goals in the wide positions would help.

I don't expect us to sign four first teamers this window, was just saying what I think we need

Valencia and Nani have played for them for a few years. Not sure how far back you were meaning.

50 goals is what the goal scoring difference will be between us and City at the end of the season, just to clarify.

It's a matter of opinion but it would be preferable if we could get some players who play in the attacking positions to add some goals and put in better quality service. I don't think we've created that many great opportunities to be honest, we've had lots of shots but we haven't been carving defences open. Look at a quality player like Suarez not scored as many as we would like even before the hastle.

We need a forward definitely. It would help us no end but I think adding some creativity and some extra goals in the wide positions would help.

I don't expect us to sign four first teamers this window, was just saying what I think we need

I agree

Hammers in the hunt to sign Liverpool wonderkid

Published 22:00 24/01/12 By Darren Lewis

Sam Allardyce has joined Owen Coyle and Brendan Rodgers in the race to sign Liverpool wonderkid Raheem Sterling on loan.

The West Ham, Bolton and Swansea bosses are all keen to work with the youngster champing at the bit to play more regularly at Anfield.

Sterling, 17, was snapped up by Liverpool from Queens Park Rangers for a deal totalling £5million.

But although he has been scoring goals for the reserves, the youngster has been kept in cotton wool as boss Kenny Dalglish relies on his more experienced players.

Sterling hit the headlines last year when he smashed five goals in a FA Youth Cup match against Southend.

But although he has travelled with the senior squad to several games he has yet to be called up to the first team.

Coyle is a big fan and see believes Sterling could make the kind of improvement seen by Daniel Sturridge during his loan spell at Bolton.

Rodgers, who has shown his skill at improving young players at Swansea, is also a huge admirer of Sterling while Allardyce has run the rule over the striker as he hunts for a frontman to shoot West Ham into the Premier League next season.

Although the Hammers are top of the Championship Big Sam is known to be unhappy with a amount of goals his strikers have scored.

Mirror

According to an interview with Frank McParland in the latest The Kopite (LFC Supporters Club Scandinavian Branch's official magazine), Sterling will likely to play his first 1st team match for Liverpool - no other team. LFC want to keep him developing with the reserves until then, as they don't think he's ready for 1st team football just yet. He has, however, been training with the 1st team quite a few times already.

Finally McParland added that if Kenny/Comolli changed their mind regarding this he wouldn't stand in their way...

Edited by YNWA-Viking

Did anyone catch a glimpse of that Zaha kid for Crystal Palace?

Really looks like a player, he's got the touch and the pace, only 19 as well.

No idea what his valuation would be?

He tore united to shreds in the quarter final, one of the da silva tiwns was dizzy after the game

his end product isnt great but i do like watching him

but they would no doubt ask for 10 million...would you pay that for him?

He tore united to shreds in the quarter final, one of the da silva tiwns was dizzy after the game

his end product isnt great but i do like watching him

but they would no doubt ask for 10 million...would you pay that for him?

put him into a team that creates two dozen chances a game but has no end product and what do you get?? fuck all,thats what.

we need a goal scorer.I would literally take robbie fowler back now.

put him into a team that creates two dozen chances a game but has no end product and what do you get?? fuck all,thats what.

we need a goal scorer.I would literally take robbie fowler back now.

we havent been creating hardly anything of late

we deff need a striker, but we also need trickery and skill in our team, without suarez we dont scare defences at all