You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Zaha looks good in that clip for sure...

Posting a clip of his best moments is the way to judge him as a player....

He is 19 and as quick as Chamberlain. He also looks supremely confident on the ball. Gave a pretty rough time to the mancs at Old Trafford. He needs to develop and may be one for the future.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre insists the club have money to spend in the transfer window, but that they are happy with their current squad.

The Reds have been linked with a number of names during this month's transfer window with Kenny Dalglish thought to be in the market for striking reinforcements to help solve the club's goalscoring problems.

Ayre is adamant the club's American owners are prepared to back Dalglish in the transfer market, but insists they will not rush into any signings.

"Money is not an issue," Ayre told Sky Sports News. "If we need somebody and there's a player I think our owners have shown the level of commitment you would expect from a good ownership group that the manager will get supported whatever he needs.

"But that's not the same as saying we will just go spend money because we have got it or just because we can.

"It is about the long-term plan of where they want the squad and where they want the team to be, that's not about any particular transfer window it's about continuing to improve.

"If an opportunity presents itself I am sure we will look at it, but right now it's about keeping going and improving and getting the best out of what we have got.

"We have got some great players in a great squad of players and they are focused on pushing that forward."

Skysports

I'm not sure I can. The time to spend is now so as to push on to qualify for the CL. Spending in the summer is all well and good but with no carrot of CL, we'll be shopping at Lidl.

Totally agree.

I'd be amazed if we weren't looking at attacking players.

So I'm assuming we're just not willing to pay what we're being quoted at the moment and hoping to go back in during the summer.

If we havn't been looking at players, well fuck me I wouldn't know what to think about that.

But I think we at least have been, I think its bound to be well recognized the first 11 needs a few improvements and I hope the money will be spent in the summer to rectify that. I'd love to see us spend right now and make a push for 4th but doesn't look likely.

Totally agree.

I'd be amazed if we weren't looking at attacking players.

So I'm assuming we're just not willing to pay what we're being quoted at the moment and hoping to go back in during the summer.

If we havn't been looking at players, well fuck me I wouldn't know what to think about that.

But I think we at least have been, I think its bound to be well recognized the first 11 needs a few improvements and I hope the money will be spent in the summer to rectify that. I'd love to see us spend right now and make a push for 4th but doesn't look likely.

Which is unfortunate. Whatever we save in transfer fees this season we'll lose in CL revenue next season. They surely will see that!

Considering our main competitors for 4th place are Chelsea, who have just bought Cahil, De Belgium Lad, and possible another midfielder, if they expect us to finish 4th without any more investment then they are deluded.

We don't need much, Krasnic on loan might be enough!

Big mistake. Now is our opportunity to get into the top 4. No distraction of Europe.

No way we are gonna finish above Chelsea with what we currently have.

Virtually gonna be 3 seasons without Champs league footy or money.

Fucks sake.

We have also had 3 managers in that time, yes I know Chelsea have but their starting position was much better than ours.

I am not sure what people want. Are we really gonna turn into a load of panicking moaners? Maybe some of us have. Kenny has been here for a year. In that time we have lost Torres and Gerrard has played very little. We have bought players who people decided after 1 game weren't good enough!!! Fucking joke. Sound like a bunch of spoiled kids! 'Mummy, Mummy give me my Champions League place'!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ShoePiss
We have also had 3 managers in that time, yes I know Chelsea have but their starting position was much better than ours.

I am not sure what people want. Are we really gonna turn into a load of panicking moaners? Maybe some of us have. Kenny has been here for a year. In that time we have lost Torres and Gerrard has played very little. We have bought players who people decided after 1 game weren't good enough!!! Fucking joke. Sound like a bunch of spoiled kids! 'Mummy, Mummy give me my Champions League place'!!!!!!!!!!

As long as the owners don't call Kenny a failure for not getting 4th place I'm ok with it.

Quote:

Ian Ayre has come out in defence of his recent comments to reassure Liverpool fans that they will actually be spending money on new players in this transfer window.

Mr Ayre said: "We want all clubs around europe to know we have money, and that we will spend money this transfer window. This means that clubs who want to hold onto their prized assets can demand much higher prices and know that Liverpool are willing to pay those higher prices"

You thick fuckers, what do you want him to say?!

We got burnt once already last January/summer (something many of you keep slamming the club for in the various andy carroll, downing, henderson threads) we have a long term plan the owners told you all that the day they bought the club. Kenny only talks about the future of the club, and has already made us progress into our first cup final in 5 years, with our first chance of silverware in 5 years.

We dont need to bloody panic, we just beat a team that costs 100's of millions. Chelsea have a manager who isnt that great, and still adapting to the prem. Wenger is struggling, fergie has a shit squad and spunked 70 million on shit players last summer (and is retiring soon). Spurs have a manger who wants the england job next summer

We are in prime position, stop fucking panicking. The brand of football kenny is trying to achieve is what will attract the bigger names over the next 2-3 seasons

Chill the fuck out some of you.

If we don't sign anyone In January we won't get in the top four, but even if we do we may miss out anyway. This is possibly the thinking, as at the moment we seem entirely focussed on securing the top young players from all over the world, rather than players that will go straight into the team.

Our squad is fairly decent now, We are Just lacking 3 maybe 4 world class players that could make the difference from also rans into Title contenders.

The way we've gone about our business, has been similar to that of Man City 2 or 3 years ago, albeit on a smaller scale! We've signed predominantly either British or British based players to improve the depth of the squad.

I'd be tempted to leave the transfer window for now, and just focus on the summer window. We should be looking to replace Kuyt,Maxi, Carragher and Carroll In my opinion, due to the age of the first three, and Carroll just not fitting in at all here.

The biggest problem we will have is actually securing the very top players without Champions league football, and not being able to offer the wages offered by the likes of City, Chelsea, Barca and Real.

I'm a bit surprised that we haven't sign anyone yet...what the fuck is Kenny and the top management thinking??

Are they satisfied with Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing and Kuyt performance so far? We're in 7th place for fucks sake. Fucking Newcastle are above us. Fucking hell.

There will be much better value in the market in the summer when City go on a spending spree because they won the league. MUFC will go on a spending spree because they lost out to City. Chelsea will go on a spending spree because they are Chelsea. Arsenal or Spurs will spend because they either just finished top or are trying to stay in the top 4.