You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Megadriveman you speak a lot of sense there mate

I'm a bit surprised that we haven't sign anyone yet...what the fuck is Kenny and the top management thinking??

Are they satisfied with Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing and Kuyt performance so far? We're in 7th place for fucks sake. Fucking Newcastle are above us. Fucking hell.

I'm not even going to bother with you glock, just pull the trigger.

With that post you have gone straight into the first 11, well done.

Why on earth do we want to rush things now, when we panicked last season and wasted 35 million?!, of which we would be lucky to re-coup 10-15.

We need top quality, 3-4 players, and if they arent available then lets not buy 2nd rate shit players anymore. Just bloody wait.

We have been buying average shit players for years, we need to learn from our mistakes.

So what we are 7th, we have played in the CL for 2 years, so whats another season or maybe even 2?

We havent won the league in 20 years but sure we need to go out and buy players NOW who might be good or might not......yea right

Just bloody think about the bigger picture, i cant believe some of you on here cant see this!

Shame on you. Your acting like Chelsea fans now.

One question, who is to say we have not tried to sign anyone but have been quoted stupid prices by the clubs???

After being burnt with the Carroll fee, I doubt we'll be going over the odds again. Can you imagine the posts on here if we went mad on a fee.

I'd prefer to wait until the summer and look at players then because January prices are always inflated. Another factor is the complete lack of movement anywhere. Nobody is going to sell unless they can get a replacement in and nobody seems to be selling.

The top and bottom of it is that nobody has got a clue what is going on behind the scenes and kicking off about something you have not got a clue about is pretty fucking stupid.

I'm a bit surprised that we haven't sign anyone yet...what the fuck is Kenny and the top management thinking??

Are they satisfied with Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing and Kuyt performance so far? We're in 7th place for fucks sake. Fucking Newcastle are above us. Fucking hell.

I'm guessing you're a fucking mong. I can sense it off one post. I'm good like that.

Hahaha. Well done mate.

Fuge - your presence is greatly missed on the GF.

Not got the time at the minute. Too much going on with work and my own little project which has taken up a lot of hours and money and I can't afford any distractions. Hopefully once everything settles and I'm up and running, I'll be back on GF a bit more. The GF is a thing of great beauty and I've missed it.

Megadriveman you speak a lot of sense there mate

I'm not even going to bother with you glock, just pull the trigger.

With that post you have gone straight into the first 11, well done.

Why on earth do we want to rush things now, when we panicked last season and wasted 35 million?!, of which we would be lucky to re-coup 10-15.

We need top quality, 3-4 players, and if they arent available then lets not buy 2nd rate shit players anymore. Just bloody wait.

We have been buying average shit players for years, we need to learn from our mistakes.

So what we are 7th, we have played in the CL for 2 years, so whats another season or maybe even 2?

We havent won the league in 20 years but sure we need to go out and buy players NOW who might be good or might not......yea right

Just bloody think about the bigger picture, i cant believe some of you on here cant see this!

Shame on you. Your acting like Chelsea fans now.

Not going to bother but still post nonsense above. How old are you boy? Sit down now and listen.

We bought Suarez in January window, he wasn't available but we wanted him and offered Ajax a good amount of money. The rest is history.

We've signed Skrtel in Jan 2008, we've signed Arbeloa in Jan 2007, Maxi in Jan 2010, Agger in Jan 2006 and some others.

It is not about rushing things. We have plenty of time to monitor players. Scouts are everywhere to monitor them and approach them. We can sign them as long as we offer them right amount of money etc. What the fuck is the scouts doing?

We fucking need new players to replace the dross we have in the team. But we are not doing that and i'm not sure what the reason are.

Judging by your post is summer the ONLY right time to judge players ability and sign them?? Fucking hell.

So what we're 7th??? Oh dear. Do you support mediocrity??? A champion like Glock accepts nothing less than excellence. And do you know that we could get lower than 7th with the squad we have now? Oh never mind, losers like you accept mediocrity.

20 years of waiting and now comes a mong from no where and says no problem we can wait a little longer. Oh dear oh dear.

I wish i can just fucking blow your brain out with my Gold Glock pistol. Schmuck!

Because without any transfer activity we can kiss top four goodbye, probably.

I dont know the reasons for our lack of activity, possibly a lack of funds, possibly the players we want are not available and we wont pay what's asked for them. Im somewhat frustrated by it too. Because the way Chelsea and Arsenal are playing we'd have a great chance of top 4 with just a couple of signings.

I'd rather we waited till the summer to get the players we want than go and get the second/third choice now.

Frustrating it may be,but we have far too often settled for second choice.

I'm of the same opinion. I'd love us to bring in a quality player or two right now but its looking like its not gonna happen.

But I'm happy to wait until the summer as long as

A) Money is spent

and

B) Spent properly. i.e. Buy as good as we can get to improve us, we've got a solid foundation now so anything we spend needs to be on improving us and adding real genuine quality to the team.

For all anyone knows we might well have a player or two lined up already, maybe we don't.

At least we seem to have gone back to the days of no-one knowing, properly, until the deal is pretty much done, and i'm all for that.

Possibly helps to keep the price down and avoids auctions.

Because without any transfer activity we can kiss top four goodbye, probably.

Thats not true though is it. if we look at this point last season we were on say 24 points at this same point. We are currently on 35 with a much stronger squad.

Gerrard is due a good run of games hopefully and Suarez will be back and firing soon (hopefully). I can see why people are getting upset and angry about lack of signings but the possibility of paying over the odds for a player we dont know will do any good could be more of a risk than not signing anyone.

The best thing for us now in my opinion is confidence over signings and the win of city might just be the start of that.

From this point last season until the close we picked up 34 points this with a much weaker squad, no captain. On the remaining games we can still pick up 45 points giving us 80 points but lets be realistic say we pick up another 30 thats 65 which gives us close to 4th last season. that is with still 15 points which could take us higher.

Im not saying we are going to now turn the table, what I am saying though is a decent run, a possible leauge cup will both give us a huge boost in confidence and mentality and we could be right right up there with 4th.

thats my belief and hope anyway.

For all anyone knows we might well have a player or two lined up already, maybe we don't.

At least we seem to have gone back to the days of no-one knowing, properly, until the deal is pretty much done, and i'm all for that.

Possibly helps to keep the price down and avoids auctions.

I don't really see where this myth has come from, everyone knew we were after Downing, Suarez, Adam, Enrique, there is only Coates and Henderson really

Thats not true though is it. if we look at this point last season we were on say 24 points at this same point. We are currently on 35 with a much stronger squad.

Gerrard is due a good run of games hopefully and Suarez will be back and firing soon (hopefully). I can see why people are getting upset and angry about lack of signings but the possibility of paying over the odds for a player we dont know will do any good could be more of a risk than not signing anyone.

The best thing for us now in my opinion is confidence over signings and the win of city might just be the start of that.

From this point last season until the close we picked up 34 points this with a much weaker squad, no captain. On the remaining games we can still pick up 45 points giving us 80 points but lets be realistic say we pick up another 30 thats 65 which gives us close to 4th last season. that is with still 15 points which could take us higher.

Im not saying we are going to now turn the table, what I am saying though is a decent run, a possible leauge cup will both give us a huge boost in confidence and mentality and we could be right right up there with 4th.

thats my belief and hope anyway.

It's certainly my hope too. And IF we do start to take our chances we have a good chance. But the way i see it we've played really well in the vast majority of the games this season, creating lots of great chances, but havent found the back of the net consistently enough. And there's nothing that suggest we'll start to score more frequently now. We need more quality in the final third.

I doubt we can get a better finisher than Bellamy in January. On Wednesday he showed how good he can be centrally... we need a finisher play him central, not wide from now on.

We aren't going to have games every three days, so he should be able to play most games.

But we have to stop playing Henderson wide right... he doesn't create or get goals. Maxi has to play over him. Maxi, Suarez, Bellamy and Gerrard should start every game if fit, as they are our only match winners.