You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Peter Odemwingie, only shit gossip websites linking us with him but I remember reading some comments Hodgson said last week and I kind of got the impression that maybe he was talking about us. Odemwingie also would have been playing in France when Comolli was working in France before joining Spurs.

"We can't stop clubs making offers. One club rather cheekily early on (in the transfer window) said they'd like to loan him for a few months but I think that was a semi-jocular approach."

He tore united to shreds in the quarter final, one of the da silva tiwns was dizzy after the game

his end product isnt great but i do like watching him

but they would no doubt ask for 10 million...would you pay that for him?

To be honest I would pay that yes.

He's got bags full of potential. Put it this was I see more value investing in Zaha than I ever saw in Henderson at Sunderland.

Kenny spunked all our money on Carroll, Downing and Henderson we are not signing anyone.

I was thinking the same. Hopefully you are wrong, but they did cost 71 million and sadly they have contributed fuck all. 71 millon is a shocking fee for those three players. Hurts in my stomach every time I think of that we spunked 35 million on Wor Andy. Guessing the owners will much more careful before they give the next big signing a go.

Feel a bit sorry for King Kenny, his transfers besides Suarez, Enrique and Bellamy has been complete disasters so far. Haven't quite given up on Henderson and Downing yet though. Hopefully Dalglish have realised that we should look abroad to get more value for our money, and stop signing avarage, overpriced british players. Our team is screaming after players with pace, technique, vision and creativity.

I was thinking the same. Hopefully you are wrong, but they did cost 71 million and sadly they have contributed fuck all. 71 millon is a shocking fee for those three players. Hurts in my stomach every time I think of that we spunked 35 million on Wor Andy. Guessing the owners will much more careful before they give the next big signing a go.

Feel a bit sorry for King Kenny, his transfers besides Suarez, Enrique and Bellamy has been complete disasters so far. Haven't quite given up on Henderson and Downing yet though. Hopefully Dalglish have realised that we should look abroad to get more value for our money, and stop signing avarage, overpriced british players. Our team is screaming after players with pace, technique, vision and creativity.

Dont think Adam, Downing and Henderson have been disastrous. But clearly that along with the Carroll money should have been spent elsewhere.

Could and should have got 3 top class players to have made a fucking massive difference rather than 4 players who's not been here nor there performance wise. Fuck all we can do about it now though.

Dont think Adam, Downing and Henderson have been disastrous. But clearly that along with the Carroll money should have been spent elsewhere.

Could and should have got 3 top class players to have made a fucking massive difference rather than 4 players who's not been here nor there performance wise. Fuck all we can do about it now though.

I agree with that. Adam has been woeful the last 3-4 games though. Maybe it's because we don't have any defensive midfielders on the pitch right now. Adam is a liability when it comes to his tackling skills.

Downing has shown glimpses of what he can do, but is clearly lacking confidence. It's not helping that he has hit the post several times, and every time he get's a good cross inside the box his teammates finishing has been ridiculously bad.

Henderson is still young and I'm quite confident that he'll be a good player, not Stevie G good, but than again no one will become that good.

Carroll I have given up. I really would like him to prove me wrong, but apart from the Citeh game last season, he hasn't shown anything that could justify the 35 million charity money we gave Newcastle for him. :wallbutt:

I still hope that I am wrong, that they can prove to be good signings for us but my gut feeling is sadly that I'm not. I wish that we spunked the 71 million on someone like Mata, Llorente and Martinez instead. Or at least Mata, Llorente and Henderson.

Still 5 days in the window to get someone in.

At the end of the day if we were fucking 10th or something I'd be thinking what difference would it make. We're not going to get 4th anyway.

But considering we're still in reach and both our main rivals for it are dodgy at the best of times it really would be mad not to get someone else in.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Dont seem like we are interested in him, which is weird, considering the likely price range and his qualities.

We're not interested in many good young players from the continent, which is a shame. That's exactly what I thought FSG were going to be bringing to the table; decent funds for attainable young quality.

I was hoping we'd have looked at/signed some players like Iker Muniain, Xherdan Shaquiri, Javi Martinez, Sergio Canales, Christian Erikson, et al., but it doesn't look like we're interested in that sort of player at the moment.

Still, we've signed Joaoaoooaooaaaoaoao Teixiera and we're looking at Tex, so maybe the tide is turning towards that way of thinking.

We're not interested in many good young players from the continent, which is a shame. That's exactly what I thought FSG were going to be bringing to the table; decent funds for attainable young quality.

I was hoping we'd have looked at/signed some players like Iker Muniain, Xherdan Shaquiri, Javi Martinez, Sergio Canales, Christian Erikson, et al., but it doesn't look like we're interested in that sort of player at the moment.

Still, we've signed Joaoaoooaooaaaoaoao Teixiera and we're looking at Tex, so maybe the tide is turning towards that way of thinking.

Thought it would be their intentions too, especially with bringing in Comolli. But i suppose it can be argued thats what they have primarily spent money on, not necessarily from the continent, but most of our money has been spent on young players, Suarez, Carroll, Henderson and Coates. The players you mentioned are certainly the likes of which i'd want us to sign too, and im surprised this window has been so quiet since it's fairly evident we need better players.

I do like the look of this Groningen Texeira though, his compilations show some promissing things, that obviously means fuck all, but i saw their game against Heracles the other day, good movement on him, scored a goal, he did remind me of Torres a little bit, similar build, powerful and actually some decent pace and burst of speed on him. Got 8 goals in 11 games in Erediv now...

And if we've had scouts watching Groningen, surely they must have noticed their winger, Dusan Tadic, he looks to have something special too.

Me too. The owners aren't here just for the City/Utd games.

I reckon it's perm one from Zaha, Hoilet or Sinclair

I've only ever seen Sinclair play on the left or up front, Zaha wouldn't go straight into the team and Hoilett would be okay but still doesnt solve the problem of us not having someone who can finish

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Thought it would be their intentions too, especially with bringing in Comolli. But i suppose it can be argued thats what they have primarily spent money on, not necessarily from the continent, but most of our money has been spent on young players, Suarez, Carroll, Henderson and Coates. The players you mentioned are certainly the likes of which i'd want us to sign too, and im surprised this window has been so quiet since it's fairly evident we need better players.

I do like the look of this Groningen Texeira though, his compilations show some promissing things, that obviously means fuck all, but i saw their game against Heracles the other day, good movement on him, scored a goal, he did remind me of Torres a little bit, similar build, powerful and actually some decent pace and burst of speed on him. Got 8 goals in 11 games in Erediv now...

And if we've had scouts watching Groningen, surely they must have noticed their winger, Dusan Tadic, he looks to have something special too.

Yeah, he looks the better players of the two, even on Tex's videos.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well, he's 3 years older, and not a striker. I'd say we need both types though.

Fair comment, he is much younger than Tadic. I've not seen much of either player, only what's on youtube; I can't really comment on either of them. I hope Tex is a good player for us though. Looks young, strong, quick-ish and he knows where the net is. Nice.

Yeah, he looks the better players of the two, even on Tex's videos.
Serbia international Dusan Tadic has attracted the interest of Bayern Munich following his impressive displays for Groningen in the first half of the 2011-12 Eredivisie campaign, Serbian source sportske.net reports.

The Bundesliga giants are looking to add an attacking midfielder to their squad at the end of the season, and they allegedly see the 23-year-old Tadic as a valuable addition to their roster.

Tadic joined Groningen from Vojvodina in the summer of 2010 and has since developed into one of the stars of the Eredivisie.

Bayern, however, are expected to face stiff competition in the race for Tadic's signature as Schalke, Koln, Wolfsburg and Twente have also showed an interest in signing the creative midfielder.

Tadic has a contract with Groningen until the summer of 2013, and an offer in the region of €7 million could be needed to lure him away from his current club.

German Football - German football news, Bundesliga fixtures, Bundesliga standings, Bundesliga videos, Germany transfers. - Goal.com ... dar-report

Last transferwindow this one is available for less tran 10mill. On a lot of radars. We should go for the pair of them.