You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Beating your friend (heh, just kidding) at swing-ball isn't a bigger achievement than winning Wimbledon just because Federer has done it seven times.

Heh, heh. 

The chickens are coming home to roost. As we all predicted, Roy is being found out, and his ego has blinded him to the way the press would turn on him after some mediocre results.

Shoot all the Liverpools you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill the England Bird.

• Upvote 2

The results needed are only beating Moldova and San Marino?

Eight games played, 0 losses, only 3 goals conceded, top of the group and two home games left.

1 England 8 4 4 0 25-3 16p

2 Ukraine 8 4 3 1 19-4 15p

3 Montenegro 8 4 3 1 15-8 15p

4 Poland 8 3 4 1 18-9 13p

5 Moldova 8 1 2 5 4-15 5p

6 San Marino 8 0 0 8 1-43 0p

I'd say Hodgson is doing just fine right now and considering the crop of players he is working with to hope for more shows lack of understanding for interenational football.

This crop of players would do a whole lot better under the right type of manager.

Hoddle or Redknapp would at least have this team playing football on the front foot and not playing this scared spineless abysmal shite we that we all know to well.

Hodgson has sucked the life out of the players and the joy from the fans, the players need some belief and confidence, despite what some would have you believe there are some quality players around but they need someone to get them playing like an actual team.

This crop of players would do a whole lot better under the right type of manager.

Hoddle or Redknapp would at least have this team playing football on the front foot and not playing this scared spineless abysmal shite we that we all know to well.

Hodgson has sucked the life out of the players and the joy from the fans, the players need some belief and confidence, despite what some would have you believe there are some quality players around but they need someone to get them playing like an actual team.

Only 3 goals conceded and 0 losses looks like a great team performance to me.

People do know whats the only important thing about qualification matches dont they?

• Upvote 1

Its no definate England qualify at all.

Only beaten the dregs of the group so far and played abysmally against the ok teams.

If England had won the other night qualification would of pretty much been certain, why not go there and at least try and score a goal? even if we had just won one of the other 3 games against the ok teams England wouldn't of been at risk, there has been no need at all to cut it so fine.

Anyway weren't you unhappy about the Liverpool performance against Man Utd? sure i remember you not being to thrilled about it, you do know the only important thing in a Liverpool v Man Utd match don't you?

• Upvote 1

Its no definate England qualify at all.

Only beaten the dregs of the group so far and played abysmally against the ok teams.

If England had won the other night qualification would of pretty much been certain, why not go there and at least try and score a goal? even if we had just won one of the other 3 games against the ok teams England wouldn't of been at risk, there has been no need at all to cut it so fine.

Anyway weren't you unhappy about the Liverpool performance against Man Utd? sure i remember you not being to thrilled about it, you do know the only important thing in a Liverpool v Man Utd match don't you?

Making stuff up now to try and defend a pathetic bitter point?

Priceless.

We have won our first three games only 1-0, boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Rodgers out.

2 draws with Ukraine and a draw each with Poland and Montenegro are nothing to shout home about. Especially when you consider England were comprehensively outplayed in every match and were lucky to get a point.

Lucky to get a point?

Hahahahahahaha.

Did England get points away from home against all the other top teams in the group or not?

A bit like Rafa eeh? Points and qualification above all else.

Code, can you turn down the crazy a little bit? It's giving me a headache.

International football is as tight as ever.

Results are all that matters in international football and a point away from home is an excellent result 90% of the time, the remaining 10% when you can demand a win is when you play minnows.

Let me repeat it, 4 wins, 4 draws and 0 losses with a goal difference of 25-3, top of the group with two games to go and both the last two games are at home.

Hodgson obviously is out of his depth here.

Let's see how he does in the top competition and see how the results are then.

Well he did pretty well at the Euros considering the players he had at his disposal

Only went out to the finalists Italy in the quarter final on penalties and its not Hodgson's fault the Englisg players are useless at penalties.

Group stage:

1.England 3 2 1 0 5-3 7p

2.France 3 1 1 1 3-3 4p

3.Ukraine 3 1 0 2 2-4 3p

4.Sweden 3 1 0 2 5-5 3p

Making stuff up now to try and defend a pathetic bitter point?

Priceless.

We have won our first three games only 1-0, boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Rodgers out.

Haha, you have flown off the handle there over nothing, having a bad day?

Defend a pathetic bitter point? i honestly don't know are you on about,  if you want to be like that what about the complete hypocrisy from you regarding 'defending bitter points',

I didn't even attempt to wind you up, was just replying to your post.

Btw you were putting a negative slant on the performance against Man Utd like you do on pretty much everything this team does under Rodgers, you must be getting itchy right now, its all going so well.

Have a nice day.

Btw you were putting a negative slant on the performance against Man Utd like you do on pretty much everything this team does under Rodgers, you must be getting itchy right now, its all going so well.

Have a nice day.

Can you please show me this supposed negativity please or even better stop making things up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I thought Code got binned in the changeover? There were partys and stuff. Ah well, back to RAWK it is then....

Regardless of the question, RAWK is never the answer.

(Sorry mods - I pressed report first on this post, rather than quote. These new fucking fandandled forums!)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gary "Do you think there is little English talent around for you to pick"

Roy "I think so, but I have been very impwessed with Waheem Sterling"

Gary "You mean Raheem?"

Roy "Yes Waheem! and the young lad Woss Barkley!"

Gary "Oh yes Ross Barkley looks good exciting doesn't he?!"

Roy "That's why I have called him up as he has impwessed and we have other exciting talents such as Jack Wilshire"

Gary "Yes Wilshire - that's easy for you to say Roy!"