You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

this is disappointing, apart from the goals he got his general play is very underrated, always making intelligent runs, always making himself available to receive the ball, able to increase the pace of play which is key i.e. don't kill the momentum and take 10 seconds to pick out a pass when you receive it and can tackle/cover too, just an all-round good clever midfield player

are we allowed to question kenny's judgement on this one? why buy henderson and adam when this guy is as good if not better than the pair of them? no doubt we'll bend over and accept 6-8 million from an italian club for him

there are at least 12 players i would sell/free/get off the wage bill before this guy

simply a bad call

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are makin that decision on a standalone basis. Kenny can see the guy is a good player but I can only assume his all round doesn't fit the master plan. For instance if we are to play 4-3-3 I can't see him fitting in at either wide position while Adam, gerrard and Henderson can.

You are makin that decision on a standalone basis. Kenny can see the guy is a good player but I can only assume his all round doesn't fit the master plan. For instance if we are to play 4-3-3 I can't see him fitting in at either wide position while Adam, gerrard and Henderson can.

Adam, out wide, in a 433?

You mad.

I'd guess, if he does go, it would have a good deal to do with him being one of our more saleable assets, whilst not being an absolutely vital player for us.

He might be kicking up a fuss behind the scenes over this payrise maybe?

From what I can gather there was a contract dispute, Raul aired his dirty laundry in public and the club isn't standing for it. Fair enough in my opinion. I'm disappointed it hasn't worked out, but I'd rather the club didn't pander to those tactics.

I like him and yes there are others who should go before him but he is much easier to find a buyer for a we will also get a decent price for him, Stevie is going to play every game when fit, Lucas will probably play most, whilst at least one of Henderson or Adam will start every game which leaves Spearing, Aquilani and Meireles, Spearing will be on the lowest wages, is the youngest and also probably more likely to be okay with being on the bench so the other two are likely to go however if they do stay I'm sure Kenny will give them a fair chance

oh and forgot Poulsen so that says it all about him

As a club and fans we expect loyalty from our players but its clear its not a two way street because in this instance we have shown very little loyalty to Raul who said he would quite happilly stay at anfield forever

Not having a go just pointing out the double standards that come from supporting your football club.

disappointed that he´s off but i´d imagine its solely to do with the agreement for a pay rise agreed with purslow last year.

high wages in that age group are exactly what fsg want to avoid, ergo he´s off.

i´m sure we´ll survive.

out of interest anyone know who if any out of

Cole

Insua

Aquilani

Ngog

and Poulsen have gone

think its safe to assume Jovanovic, Degen and El Zhar won't have

edit: and Konchesky too in the bottom section, fuck we have to much shite to keep up with

If Kenny did play 4-3-3 next season,the middle 3 would all need to be able to "put a foot in" imo you couldn't risk a player who is a bit flimsy in that department as Raul is,great player in the other aspects of the game,his movement,passing ect. but when it comes down to the physical side he leaves alot to be desired and for that reason i think Gerrard,Lucas,Adam or henderson would all be ahead of him in starting games,like i said great player but if we get the right offer £15m or so as quoted in some papers then i'd let him leave and use the money elsewhere in the squad.

Was he even scouted before he was bought? He came from nowhere, and suddenly he was signed.

A big part of why he might leave i think is his stamina, How many games did he last before been hauled off. He disappeared after 70-75 mins of all games played last season.

There's no doubt he's got fantastic technique, has a shot on him and works into space, but id have serious questions over his ability to see a game out!

I would happily play Adam out left in a 433.

That's one of the stranger ones I've read this Summer tbh. Just don't see anything in his game that would make him suited to playing wide, in any formation, and certainly not ahead of Raul who actually did fill in out wide to good effect.

Don't think it will come to that anyway thankfully.