You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It was a old woman/ women wasn’t it? My memory is shit.

An ex-soldier called William Fraser - and while Everton had diligently bought up all of the houses on the stadium side of Gwladys Street in order to demolish them to make way for the new stand, he refused to move on.

12 minutes ago, belarus said:

Oops, yeah Robbo left back!

Hendo was one I flirted with, but head over heart and he’s on the bench. 

Arbeloa was a better right back than Trent. Trent is a much more gifted footballer, but Arbeloa was a great full back. Didn’t take to him as a character like, but he was a cracking player.

Trent’s stats and gifts aside, there’s just things missing for me at the minute. He’s ridiculously young and could and should end up as a world class whatever he ends up as, but at the minute he’s behind the Arbeloa we had in 08/09 as a full back.

AGREE TO DISAGREE 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Someone remind matthew kenny what the shite did with Goodison Avenue and all the houses on it when they extended the park end.

Someone did and he made the excuse it was to build a stand for the World Cup. Not sure what difference that’s supposed to make.

41 minutes ago, Impostor said:

An ex-soldier called William Fraser - and while Everton had diligently bought up all of the houses on the stadium side of Gwladys Street in order to demolish them to make way for the new stand, he refused to move on.

Meant the Liverpool one sorry.

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Must have been 1977. I don't think it's widely known. But Shanks used to have lunch regularly with my uncle. 

20210628_100837.thumb.jpg.88f34b8d9411c706470b4210c9c5a2cc.jpg

Fucking hell! The blues would have a field day with me as I obviously don’t know my history. Did Shankly leave under a cloud? I always thought he left to get away as the pressure had built on him and the club??

7 minutes ago, belarus said:

Fucking hell! The blues would have a field day with me as I obviously don’t know my history. Did Shankly leave under a cloud? I always thought he left to get away as the pressure had built on him and the club??

Don't feel bad, even the guy at the Liverpool museum has to phone an evertonian if there's something he doesn't know. 

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, belarus said:

I think he fell out with the club after. He left but kept turning up for training, not allowing Bob to really be the boss as he was a distraction. So in the end I think the club asked him to stop coming in. That's when he started to go to training with Everton. 

35 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd have Sami over anybody but VVD in the modern era.

I did go with Sami and changed it to Carragher, as that was his last season here and he was on the way down as I remember. As a general peak vs peak it’s Sami all day long mate - completely agree

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think he fell out with the club after. He left but kept turning up for training, not allowing Bob to really be the boss as he was a distraction. So in the end I think the club asked him to stop coming in. That's when he started to go to training with Everton. 

Ah, yeah, I do remember that bit now. Didn’t realise he had taken it personally

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The old women in the house by Anfield were the Mason sisters. Sound like a group.

Plus they got a shitload of money, her daughter worked in my office. Her Mum kept 100 grand in a suitcase under the bed after she sold the house. Amazed she never got burgled as she didnt move that far away from the ground with the payout. 

• Upvote 1

You have to love Evertonians mental gymnastics over these bed sheet protest banners.

"It's Kopite behaviour"

"It must be Kopites doing in to cause trouble"

"It's only a tiny minority of our fanbase, no real Evertonians would do that"

When Liverpool fans do something:

"Fucking Kopites, they are all scum"

"Wonder if they will blame Chelsea"

"Always the victims, it's never their fault"

"They need banning from Europe"

Most of us don't want Rafa to do it because we think Evertonians are cunts. Not sure we'd threaten him for his own good! 

Obviously I am using logic to argue the Evertonian point of view whereas a deluded notion of grandeur and sociopathic tendencies is probably more suitable. I mean, most people are struggling to understand the gender debate but Evertonians have been a massive small club, with a local worldwide fan base. A working class club owned by a billionaire, who are football royalty but not part of the elite, perennial underdogs who demand success, one of the country's most successful clubs with legends who have won nothing. 

Psychotic doesn't even start to describe the fucking loons. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2