You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Guest davelfc
I'd rather see him at city than the chavs, they're less of a rival in my eyes and it'd show him for what he is, a greedy cunt.

I agree, a greedier cunt.

Plus they have better players we can part trade and stupid money.

Does anyone think the timing indicates that his transfer request was in some way connected to the signing of Suarez?

Perhaps we've offered a ton of wages for Suarez, or a honking signing on fee, and this has riled Nando's agent into buzzing in his ear about not being valued?

It just seems too fucking odd that Torres wants to leave as soon as we sign one of the best forwards in Europe to partner the lad. It seems deffo related to Suarez in some way.

I'd rather see him at city than the chavs, they're less of a rival in my eyes and it'd show him for what he is, a greedy cunt.

So, if he joins Chelsea what is he? Like or not, its pretty hard to call him a greedy cunt. All the teams that would want him have more of a chance than winning stuff than we have. The move isnt motivated by money.

I have had 24 hours to think about this situation, read the papers and digest all the information.

Fuck him! He has clearly been unhappy for months, yet has only decided to put his transfer request in three days before the end of the window, a calculated shitty trick. Could not really move to Chelsea in the summer because Chelsea thought we were fucked financially and only wanted to offer a derisory amount, Broughton a Chelsea season ticket holder would have looked really unprofessional if he sanctioned that (regardless of what he has since done for the club), so he waits plays shit and we all forgive him, he plays well against one particular team and doesn't give a fuck the rest of the season, fuck me he was probably ecstatic that Hodgson was the manager, he had a perfectly valid cover for his lack of urgency, he was probably gutted that Kenny was made manager and his 'get out of jail without looking like a sly cunt card' was gone!

Fuck him, 45 million and Anelka, or fuck off. Get Nzogbia in and already we are a better team, then go on a winning streak and beat the old age cunts to 4th place.

I saw Rush go and replaced by Aldridge who was a much more limited player, but Barnes and Beardsley accompanied him and gave us another dimension.

So, if he joins Chelsea what is he? Like or not, its pretty hard to call him a greedy cunt. All the teams that would want him have more of a chance than winning stuff than we have. The move isnt motivated by money.

People only go to city for one reason Rob, if not, why would Tevez have gone there, and why would Rooney have been so desperate to follow him? City and Chelsea before them basically built sides by sending their players to 'have a word' in the ear of their chosen targets, with money being high on the conversation agenda.

It would certainly sit more easily as they are even more classless and mercenary, but city are an equal or greater threat to us breaking into the top four again - they would be much more effective with him up top.

People only go to city for one reason Rob, if not, why would Tevez have gone there, and why would Rooney have been so desperate to follow him? City and Chelsea before them basically built sides by sending their players to 'have a word' in the ear of their chosen targets, with money being high on the conversation agenda.

He wants to win the champions league, he'll have 2 chances to do that if he moves in this window with Chelsea before even being in the competition with us, and that's even if we get past 2 of Tottenham/Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea/ManUtd next season.

He also took a paycut to join Liverpool in 2007, so the timing stinks but it isn't about money.

Guest davelfc
Fucking blue moon. They're already doing lineups and formations with torres in them.

With the money they have why not? I've seen the same with Adam on Liverpool websites.

The key to selling him IMO,is getting a decent replacement for at least the rest of the season. We dont want to be left with Suarez and Ngog as our main strikers as that wouldnt help even if Suarez was on fire.

Indeed. I'd be very surprised if the club isn't already working on a replacement though.

Anelka isn't someone I'd want, even if it was just short term.

But Tevez joined City two years ago when they were only finishing in the top 10. They can win the league now, and they are probably going to go far in the cup. Money would have been high on the agenda when they were first taken over, but when they are in the champions league they dont have to entice people with money anymore. Obviously, if Torres moves he'll get a pay rise, but he left Atleti to win trophies and he's doing the same here.

This is horrible. I cant bring myself to say 'fuck him' just yet, but im sure it will come.

Chelsea...why them.Why?

I like the idea of saying ' we will sell him to real madrid and no one else' though...

It may not be Chelsea yet. If City make a firm bid, i expect it to blow the shit out of the Chavski offer. Any know body knows who this 3rd team are yet.

We do whats best for us, not Torres. And thats the way it should be.

With the money they have why not? I've seen the same with Adam on Liverpool websites.

Just thought it was strange, have only just heard the rumours they might be in for him recently. A lot of Chelsea fans seem to have been talking about it but reserved since friday, City fans are already wondering how he'll play and in what formation.

It may not be Chelsea yet. If City make a firm bid, i expect it to blow the shit out of the Chavski offer. Any know body knows who this 3rd team are yet.

We do whats best for us, not Torres. And thats the way it should be.

Problem is City could offer us £100 million, if Torres doesn't want to go there then we're forced into selling him for a lower figure to wherever it is he does want to go to or we keep hold of a sulking player until the next window.