You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its fair to say that the 'Benitez as manager again' debate splits the fans.

So collectively as a fan base why would we want that?

Not going to disagree with people who don't want Rodgers coz he's not my cup of tea deep down although he's not that bad.

If we say got Ancelotti or one of the decent German managers would Benitez fans be happy and give it a rest or would they selfishly slag every manager off and keep posting these threads until they got what they wanted?

Honest question.

If we were doing well no one would talk about Benitez.

No one gave Kenny grief because of Rafa.

Him and Van Gaal were easily the best 2 managers who wanted the job last year but the board appointed Rodgers.

About covers it.

When this football club starts to act like a big club and appoint a decent chief exec, and aggressively pursue the best managers in world football then i think you would see a change in the forums.

If Rafa would divide the fanbase, what is Rodgers doing, also an honest question ?

I think its fair to say that the 'Benitez as manager again' debate splits the fans.

Not going to disagree with people who don't want Rodgers coz he's not my cup of tea deep down although he's not that bad.

If we say got Ancelotti or one of the decent German managers would Benitez fans be happy and give it a rest or would they selfishly slag every manager off and keep posting these threads until they got what they wanted?

Honest question.

About cover it.

When this football club starts to act like a big club and appoint a decent chief exec, and aggressively pursue the best managers in world football then i think you would see a change in the forums.

If Rafa would divide the fanbase, what is Rodgers doing, also an honest question ?

Rafa has/had proven to be a top class manager so did Kenny in his 1st stint with us,Because of how low we were with Woy at the club and because of the Love the fans have for Kenny he was welcomed back with open arms and lets not forget won us our 1st trophy for 6 seasons that's why the fans backed and continue to back these two, Brendan Rogers for me still hasn't proven anything he might show potential he may not I personally would prefer a top class manager at Liverpool someone who's been there and done it so to speak and I think most of our supporters would want the same that's were the divide comes in they don't want Rogers (some of them) 'cos he's won nothing in the game they don't want Rafa back because they think he took us as far as he could I think Anciollotti would be welcomed with open arms same as a Klopp or Van Gaal its weather they'd welcome an offer from Liverpool with open arms.

Honest question.

Sometimes I do wonder whether I would want Benitez back, I thought it was right for him to go when he did but I did think he would be replaced by a quality manager.

I don't think his return would ever occur whilst Ayre is in charge anyway.

With regards to German managers or people who manage in Germany, then Klopp would fit the bill perfectly especially his buying history over the last few years. Having said that the departing Heynckes (apparently has another role to play at the club?) would be an excellent choice and its definitely worth keeping an eye on big Sami.

Rafa has/had proven to be a top class manager so did Kenny in his 1st stint with us,Because of how low we were with Woy at the club and because of the Love the fans have for Kenny he was welcomed back with open arms and lets not forget won us our 1st trophy for 6 seasons that's why the fans backed and continue to back these two, Brendan Rogers for me still hasn't proven anything he might show potential he may not I personally would prefer a top class manager at Liverpool someone who's been there and done it so to speak and I think most of our supporters would want the same that's were the divide comes in they don't want Rogers (some of them) 'cos he's won nothing in the game they don't want Rafa back because they think he took us as far as he could I think Anciollotti would be welcomed with open arms same as a Klopp or Van Gaal its weather they'd welcome an offer from Liverpool with open arms.

I don't think a top top manager would take the job. We couldn't afford the wages, or the transfers he's likely to want. People slagging Rodgers need to see that.

If people keep saying we're making mediocre appointments, we are, because we've drifted into mediocrity, not in the last year, or 5 years but in the last 20.

Was Van Gaal considered for the managers job or DOF?

And as I can't be arsed checking, what's his recent success been like lately?

I don't think a top top manager would take the job. We couldn't afford the wages, or the transfers he's likely to want. People slagging Rodgers need to see that.

If people keep saying we're making mediocre appointments, we are, because we've drifted into mediocrity, not in the last year, or 5 years but in the last 20.

Was Van Gaal considered for the managers job or DOF?

And as I can't be arsed checking, what's his recent success been like lately?

He was considered for DOF but he wanted the managers job, apparently.

He was considered for DOF but he wanted the managers job, apparently.

New Holland boss Van Gaal also *revealed how close he came to joining Liverpool this summer before the Reds opted to appoint Brendan Rodgers.

Van Gaal said: “I decided to go and talk to Liverpool, after they had approached me.

"I had serious talks with them and for me it was a good option because I considered Liverpool as a fantastic club.”

But the vastly experienced Dutchman could not agree with Liverpool's American owners about his role.

He demanded his own staff and a special role for former Holland international Danny Blind.

Also, Van Gaal refused to work with a British boss under him, as he wanted to restructure the club the way he had done at Bayern *Munich and Ajax.

Van Gaal claims he had more than 30 job offers over the past year.

“But I only talked to Liverpool and the Dutch federation,” he said. “To all the others I said no.’’

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk Liverpool: Louis van Gaal on how close he came to manager's job this summer - Mirror Online

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Honest question.

I for one will never be happy till people like you admit they got it wrong and for the record I'm behind Rodgers and will be gobsmacked if he isn't given more time.

I for one will never be happy till people like you admit they got it wrong and for the record I'm behind Rodgers and will be gobsmacked if he isn't given more time.

I never get anything wrong for the record.

I am always right.

For instance Benitez will NEVER become Liverpools manager EVER again.

FACT !!!

There you see I am always right.