You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HKS Ground design, what now?

lifetime fan

Our match-day revenue is half that of Old Trafford and substantially less than the Arse or Chavs.

Ground redevelopment is an emotionally appealing cheap-skate option that will still generate less income than our main rivals. If Spurs build a new stadium, their revenue too will dwarf a trussed up Anfield.

If say we get an extra 15k seats (so 65k) how does that bring in less income than building a 65k seater stadium?

Building a new stadium is the only solution to securing the long term success of the club.

That being the case after it is looked at by professionals then that is the action that will be taken.

The new owners have already planted redevelopment stories in the press, in addition to ground share. Both are a relatively cheap option that will appeal to John Henry while he concentrates on exploiting TV and merchandising revenues from the Far East.

Can we stop with the pessimism already? They said they are looking at all possibilities, give them a chance to piss you off before pre-empting it. I also don't see how cheap short term options will appeal to NESV as they are here to make money so them missing out on potential improved revenues makes no sense.

Long term, we need a new stadium to compete against our main rivals and any other club that attracts a sugar-daddy owner.

Redeveloping Anfield will not achieve that, a new stadium will.

Again this will be decided by professionals. I would imagine that we won't be able to redevelop Anfield anyway but I don't know and I'm willing to see what they can come up with first.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will probably get somethimg similar...i dont rate it. The cheaper version of it i.e the emirates.

Not a fan myself.

Whats the german club that has the massively high banked stadiums to the side of the pitch?

The Mestalla is similar as is a ground in Argentina that I cant remember.

Again this will be decided by professionals. I would imagine that we won't be able to redevelop Anfield anyway but I don't know and I'm willing to see what they can come up with first.

If say we get an extra 15k seats (so 65k) how does that bring in less income than building a 65k seater stadium?

Our current capacity is 44k. Building an additional 15k seats does not total 65.

I have an A level in doing sums, I know these things.

I also don't see how cheap short term options will appeal to NESV as they are here to make money so them missing out on potential improved revenues makes no sense.

A short term solution is appealing as, in the near future, Premiership clubs will be able to negotiate their own contracts for broadcasting live matches in the Far East. It’s why English clubs are such an attractive investment. If Henry does nothing to expand capacity, live TV contracts will still increase revenues.

NESV do not need to build a new stadium to generate increased revenue, the Far East TV contracts will provide that and give them a worthwhile return on their investment.

Our main rivals will also get a slice of this TV money which, in addition to their bigger grounds, will ensure they have more funds for transfers and player contracts than us.

We need a new stadium to match our rivals, anything less will see us struggle to compete.

I thought the HKS design would have been a stadium with a fantastic atmosphere.

I would love us build it.

Imagine Hicks face when he saw it, fucking gutted he would be.

It really, really wouldn't wide open spaces at the Kop end an away end no bigger than the Paddock with any noise cancelled out by the sheer overwhelming mass of glass & steel.

As well as that the Kop end would virtually become two tiers because of the vast space needed for disabled access.

It was an atrocious design poorly thought out.

if HKS design is the best design and is affordable then i dont see why not.

All this bollocks being a reminder of hicks/gillett is crap.

The design was paid for by the club.

Spot on that, it looked class! I don't think its going to spoil my enjoyment of watching the match the fact they had something to do with it.

It really, really wouldn't wide open spaces at the Kop end an away end no bigger than the Paddock with any noise cancelled out by the sheer overwhelming mass of glass & steel.

As well as that the Kop end would virtually become two tiers because of the vast space needed for disabled access.

It was an atrocious design poorly thought out.

In your opinion of course. We paid for the design I think we should at least explore the possibility of building it.

We are all guilty of lambasting Moores etc for not being progressive and forward thinking enough and here we all are clinging onto the notion that Anfield in its current guise can be improved upon.

I voted to redevelop Anfield on a poll recently but said I could see huge merits for both arguments. The maths for redeveloping Anfield just isn't going to add up in my opinion.

i wont lie,

i would love us to build that news stadium that HKD designed, it was fucking immense imo

however, if we get to develop Anfield into a 60 thousand plus stadium, then id be fine with that to

my one and only stipulation is that we make the Kop the biggest single tier stand in the world, its a must, the Kop has to be the centre peice to either the new design, or the redevelopment

They clearly did a lot of homework on all this. It'd be a shame if it all went to waste. If we do move then there's a lot we can take from them. The AFL design is boring, a typically English design for a new stadium.

I agree with you, they also did alot of work with the acoustics to throw the sound out of the kop towards the away fans. I would love to see it being built but I think NESV will have their own ideas and plans...

I'm happy with whatever sensible option the new owners decide. If they can work out how to redevelop Anfield then that would be fine. They have revamped Fenway Park, keeping the history and tradition, but also making it much more what is needed to keep up these days. If they could do something similar at Anfield, bring it on.

Then again, I want them to choose the best option. If that means going with the stadium that the Dallas architects designed then that looked out of this world. They would obviously have to be careful that Hicks didn't get his pudgy fingers in the pie again. LFC is the client, not Hicks, and the stadium is not 'his', so if we went that way I wouldn't be bothered.

Then again, a third option of a completely new stadium, one that had the thumbprint of NESV on it, would be more than fine by me.

The bottom line is that we need at least 15,000 more seats to keep up, plus better corporate and hospitality facilities. However we get there is fine by me, so long as it is tasteful and affordable.

The AFL design is boring, a typically English design for a new stadium.

to be honest i didn't mind the 2nd afl design,if you remember after our trips to cardiff a lot of fans just said why not build a replica of the millenium stadium but with single tier end for the kop intead of the double that cardiff has.well with the afl design thats what you get.

Don't really want to just turn this into a thread of Stadium designs as I think the HKS design is great but just needs some work on the seating structure and design on the inside but AFL Architects which designed the original 'Parry Bowl' and also the second redveloped version of that design have put up a concept 60,000 design on there website but do no mention the client just calling them 'one of the highest profile sporting institutions in the world' and just wondering if they've been asked to look at another design. Looks interesting but is just a generic bowl on the interior with no Kop from the pictures. Also the redeveloped 'Parry Bowl' is no longer on there website even though the original is.

snowdrop_large_1.jpg

snowdrop_large_2.jpg

snowdrop_large_3.jpg