You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Forget the good times, the picture has changed" (pt 2)

dave u

that was Juve, Dave, not Inter

One of many articles of how we are perceived in the Spanish press in recent weeks -

Print Edition - -18/7/2010 sport.es

HEAVY WEIGHTS WANT TO LEAVE THE CLUB

Liverpool breaks

The legendary England team is one step of breaking up their economic problems. The stars are leaking

Fernando Torres is Liverpool's most important player

Paul Giblin

Liverpool looks like a ship adrift after the departure of Rafa Benitez. The difficult economic situation is going on the English club could lead to the overhaul of this team with the departure of heavyweights. Although the club denies it, Fernando Torres, Mascherano and Gerrard are almost out and the money paid will cover holes in the organization unless a billionaire buy Liverpool in the coming days. The situation is desperate.

The first to go would be Fernando Torres in what could be the star of the market operation. The striker met a few days with his new coach, Roy Hodgson, anything but assured. And is not enough, the Chelsea has increased its first bid for Torres. Last week put on the table € 50 million and now goes by 60. The offer is irrechazable and also Torres is the work going.

Several British rotary assume that the deal will close next week and Torres signed contract for the next six seasons.The environment is quiet of the player, but Torres admits that pierced, can go in the Premiership.

Another is the open front of Mascherano. Liverpool manager himself has admitted that the Argentine did not pick up the phone since the end of the World and its future is increasingly uncertain. It seems that the representatives had informed him and Mascherano to the English club who do not wish to continue and wants to accept the offer from Inter Milan. His departure could be around 20 million euros, but Liverpool would be without their great stronghold in the midfield.

The last to go through office has been the captain Steve Gerrard. Want to leave because he sees nothing clear the sports project and understands the entity is at the perfect age to sign a final contract. Gerrard's problem is that, so far not received any firm proposal. Real Madrid approached him, but withdrew his transfer targets for the player's age. You are now on the market and Manchester United, Liverpool rival, could benefit from it.

Remains to be seen as the status of players like Kuyt and Pepe Reina. They have not spoken, but not at all clear who wish to remain at Anfield. A drama.

Gerrard to Man Utd? What the fuck is this guy on!?

Kuyt and Reina have both made public and clear that they wish to remain.

Hack foreign journalist who thinks he knows what's going on behind the scenes, fuelling yet more uncertainty and speculation which just isn't needed. I swear I've seen this exact article about 15 times now in the last 6 months!? From different journoss in different rags, all writing practically the same article.

From today's Times:

"Benitez’s enmity towards the ex-Chelsea boss surfaced when pre-season training began last week. Benitez was unhappy that Inter’s training complex was decorated with an image of Mourinho winning the league and asked that a reproduction of a Gazzetta dello Sport front page be removed."

On a totally unrelated subject, today's Mail apparently says that Insua's sale, combined with the release of Aurelio means that Andrea Dossena is now the only recognized left back on the books. Deary me.

Just had a look on the Mail website for that and came across this "story":

Fernando Torres quickly ditches Liverpool scarf to show true colours on World Cup victory parade | Mail Online

Torres wore an Atleti scarf when they had the victory parade the next day. Apparently this means he'll wear anything and that Chelsea will sign him. This gang of nazi sympathisers have had it in for us for ages - they're fucking desperate for him to go to London. Shower of cunts. Tory government in place - find a new toy to kick.

Just had a look on the Mail website for that and came across this "story":

Fernando Torres quickly ditches Liverpool scarf to show true colours on World Cup victory parade | Mail Online

Torres wore an Atleti scarf when they had the victory parade the next day. Apparently this means he'll wear anything and that Chelsea will sign him. This gang of nazi sympathisers have had it in for us for ages - they're fucking desperate for him to go to London. Shower of cunts. Tory government in place - find a new toy to kick.

I'm on a Mail boycott at the moment, A lot of you should follow as well, that Rag is despicable and attacks the club and city every oppurtunity, these kind of articles and petty insults within them. Don't go on their sight, certainly don't the rag itself.

From today's Times:

"Benitez’s enmity towards the ex-Chelsea boss surfaced when pre-season training began last week. Benitez was unhappy that Inter’s training complex was decorated with an image of Mourinho winning the league and asked that a reproduction of a Gazzetta dello Sport front page be removed."

It wasn't Rafa, it was Purslow.

I'm on a Mail boycott at the moment, A lot of you should follow as well, that Rag is despicable and attacks the club and city every oppurtunity, these kind of articles and petty insults within them. Don't go on their sight, certainly don't the rag itself.

Temporary? I've been known to rp up a couple of discarded copies on the train after a shandy or two. It rile sme like nothing else in this universe.

How long before his wife gets bored because Italian's too hard to learn?

Hahaha..although I reckon Italian would be easier to pick up then Scouse.

All she had to was put tan cream on at every meal, find gaudy shoes and buy a mini-skirt and then shortnen it two inches and wear a tank top three sizes too small and she'd have fit right in.

Should sell Mascher to Bayern and put the wife on a bratwurst diet.

I reckon we should tell Inter that if they want Kuyt and Mascherano it's £45m cash for the pair, or we can discuss a player plus cash deal and see who they might fancy releasing that would improve us. I'd be happy with about £37-39m for the pair of them myself so if they came back with that kind of offer it would be tempting, but a player exchange could help us out depending on who they'd consider offloading.

I'm guessing that if Rafa does want Mascherano it's to play him alongside his countryman in the two DM positons but if not, I wonder if Cambiasso would worry about his prospects given Rafa's alleged history of shutting players out?

I've not seen that much of Inter this season to be honest, other than the Champions League games and a couple of league games - who else do they have that might be available and would improve us? I'm assuming that Chivu wouldn't be available and/or wouldn't want to come here, because the reporting howler only serves to highlight the fact that we really do have fuck all at LB now and I'd take him in a heartbeat. What about Burdisso, he's a bit of a nutter but he's a good player and he was out on loan last season?

Ideas? Suggestions? Wild, uninformed speculation?

I reckon we should tell Inter that if they want Kuyt and Mascherano it's £45m cash for the pair, or we can discuss a player plus cash deal and see who they might fancy releasing that would improve us. I'd be happy with about £37-39m for the pair of them myself so if they came back with that kind of offer it would be tempting, but a player exchange could help us out depending on who they'd consider offloading.

I'm guessing that if Rafa does want Mascherano it's to play him alongside his countryman in the two DM positons but if not, I wonder if Cambiasso would worry about his prospects given Rafa's alleged history of shutting players out?

I've not seen that much of Inter this season to be honest, other than the Champions League games and a couple of league games - who else do they have that might be available and would improve us? I'm assuming that Chivu wouldn't be available and/or wouldn't want to come here, because the reporting howler only serves to highlight the fact that we really do have fuck all at LB now and I'd take him in a heartbeat. What about Burdisso, he's a bit of a nutter but he's a good player and he was out on loan last season?

Ideas? Suggestions? Wild, uninformed speculation?

Your mad if you think Cambiasso would entertain coming here, or Rafa would be to offer him as well.

------Cambiasso----------Mascherano--------

-----------------Sneijder--------------------

A Central midfield so good, probably only second to Barcelona's.

Good to see that the point about it being Purslow pulling it down and not Hodgson has been completely missed. Nobody had an issue with the incoming manager doing it.

It's not fucking difficult.

If you honestly think some on here would not have had a problem with Hodgson ripping down Istanbul pictures then you're an idiot. And i know you're not an idiot.

Hahaha..although I reckon Italian would be easier to pick up then Scouse.

All she had to was put tan cream on at every meal, find gaudy shoes and buy a mini-skirt and then shortnen it two inches and wear a tank top three sizes too small and she'd have fit right in.

Should sell Mascher to Bayern and put the wife on a bratwurst diet.

Your behind the time NP. Pyjamas are quite the fashion now.

If you honestly think some on here would not have had a problem with Hodgson ripping down Istanbul pictures then you're an idiot. And i know you're not an idiot.

Of course they would, but that wasn't what the issue raised was. The last thread, and a fair few of the protests from people, was based on the premise of "If this bitter suit is pulling down pictures of Istanbul then it's out of order", it seems that point is being missed, deliberately by some.

Still a bitter old man, Hermes?

Still doing the lottery, Hermes?

(For those not in the know, our friend Hermes reckoned we should have gone for Mourinho after the 2010 European Champions League Final, stating 'if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the lottery'. Well, we bought our tickets Hermes, and we got Roy Hodgson.)

Still doing the lottery, Hermes?

(For those not in the know, our friend Hermes reckoned we should have gone for Mourinho after the 2010 European Champions League Final, stating 'if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the lottery'. Well, we bought our tickets Hermes, and we got Roy Hodgson.)

Arguably one of his better jokes.

Of course they would, but that wasn't what the issue raised was. The last thread, and a fair few of the protests from people, was based on the premise of "If this bitter suit is pulling down pictures of Istanbul then it's out of order", it seems that point is being missed, deliberately by some.

You are deliberately missing the point yourself Stu surely? It turned out that the mural that came down had nothing to do with Istanbul. It was a sponsorship reason the unrelated mural came down but hey you know best.

Its a fucking Tory rag and always has been.

We've never bought it and never will.

Those Nazi cunt will rue the day, mark my words, we'll be back, fuckers.

You are deliberately missing the point yourself Stu surely? It turned out that the mural that came down had nothing to do with Istanbul. It was a sponsorship reason the unrelated mural came down but hey you know best.

I'm not missing anything. The discussion was going on before people knew why it was taken down (hence the bold bit). Some, me included, forwarded the opinion that if it was Purslow taking it down out of spite then it was out of order. Therefore what Rafa does at Inter is irrelevant to that point.

Saying "See, I told you so" to people who weren't actually making the point you think they were is a bit daft.

I'm not missing anything. The discussion was going on before people knew why it was taken down (hence the bold bit). Some, me included, forwarded the opinion that if it was Purslow taking it down out of spite then it was out of order. Therefore what Rafa does at Inter is irrelevant to that point.

Saying "See, I told you so" to people who weren't actually making the point you think they were is a bit daft.

That is the thing, the original article implied, in fact blatantly, that it was taken done out if spite by Purslow which was totally wrong and false as it turned out. Myself and a few others said at the time that it could have been one of many reasons why it was taken down.

That is the thing, the original article implied, in fact blatantly, that it was taken done out if spite by Purslow which was totally wrong and false as it turned out. Myself and a few others said at the time that it could have been one of many reasons why it was taken down.

It's the goading that's getting boring though. I consider myself pretty objective and nuetral to all this bollocks but watching the two factions on here always giving it the "Well, this makes that lot look stupid" angle is getting tedious.

I could post a rumour on here and I could list over a dozen names, respected posters too, and exactly what angle they'll come at the thread from (without any info other than the rumour), that's a damning indictment of those posters. There's too much entrenched opinion, it's not good for debate.