You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

Barcelona are preparing a bid for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres but are determined not to pay over the odds.

Sandro Rosell, who on July 1 takes over from Joan Laporta as Nou Camp president, has agreed with coach Pep Guardiola that they should take advantage of the uncertainty at Anfield by launching a raid for Torres.

Reports in Catalonia say the champions of Spain are not prepared to go above £38million for the 26-year-old, which is well short of Liverpool's valuation, but Barca are confident that Torres wants to join them.

Man i'm starting to get really worried

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

It's cool, Cecil will put it all safely away in the player account. It's impossible for the club to sell players and not put the money in the player account or something.

Is that the same DIC investment vehicle that is about to be wound up and dissolved because of its enormous debts? Or is that another DIC.

I know we have two dicks in charge, but if DIC had taken us over in 2007, we would still be in the sorry position of being up for sale now! I spsuepct the stadium would have been part-built but then abandoned. The real question is how Moores and Parry could scour the globe for years and only come up with Thaksin, DIC and the two cowboys. Extraordinary. But also suggests to me that there is no white knight ready to come to the rescue here - our club simply isn't, for whatever reason, attractive to football investors.

Its unknown as to what would have happened under DIC ownership.

For a starters they would have only owned 75% of the club and the stadium would have been built.

They could have sold their percentage of the club on to better owners when it was apparent the money was not there.

The owners of City initially looked at buying Liverpool but were instantly put off by the high price so how do you know DIC wouldn't have done business with them or a far more reasonable rate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Its unknown as to what would have happened under DIC ownership.

For a starters they would have only owned 75% of the club and the stadium would have been built.

They could have sold their percentage of the club on to better owners when it was apparent the money was not there.

The owners of City initially looked at buying Liverpool but were instantly put off by the high price so how do you know DIC wouldn't have done business with them or a far more reasonable rate.

It could have also been bought out by Maktoum himself. Still rich as ffuck.

Guest PurpleNose
Isn't there a pre season game in Saudi Arabia as well? Or is it just against a team from Saudi Arabia!

Al-Avyormuni.

So many rumours and texts flying about now about being brought by arabs its unreal.

Even Ive just had one.

dare we hope ?

dare we believe ?

There something in all this. I feel it in my bones.

Yeah because of people on forums like this one, running around trying to pretend like they have some inside knowledge.

Cock teases the lot of them.

Barcelona are preparing a bid for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres but are determined not to pay over the odds.

Sandro Rosell, who on July 1 takes over from Joan Laporta as Nou Camp president, has agreed with coach Pep Guardiola that they should take advantage of the uncertainty at Anfield by launching a raid for Torres.

Reports in Catalonia say the champions of Spain are not prepared to go above £38million for the 26-year-old, which is well short of Liverpool's valuation, but Barca are confident that Torres wants to join them.

Man i'm starting to get really worried

Really? If the best they can offer is £38 million, I would just laugh. Now, if they have £50-60m, then I'll be worried. They won't get Torres for £38m, even if he wants to join, he's worth far more in merchandising, revenue etc. Look at this

Barcelona eye Fernando Torres bargain as they ready £38m move for Liverpool ace | Mail Online

Chelsea are also interested and would be prepared to submit a much higher bid, but the Catalans hope they are in a strong enough negotiating position to claim that Torres will only leave Anfield for them.

They have used the same tactic in pursuit of Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal, dismissing a potentially higher bid from Real Madrid because the Gunners captain has made it clear he wants to move to Catalonia.

Barca remain keen and patient in their bid to sign Arsene Wenger's captain and still hope to pay less than £40m for a player rated at about £60m in north London

David Villa has already joined the Blaugrana from Valencia for £34m, but Rosell wants to make a statement and will help fund further signings by selling Yaya Toure to Manchester for £28m.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's exit will raise at least a similar amount, with AC Milan said to be the Sweden striker's favoured destination ahead of Manchester City and Chelsea.

Torres has repeatedly voiced his happiness and commitment to Liverpool, but it has often come with the caveat of the underachieving Merseysiders bringing in world class recruits.

'We need four or five top class players to compete, players better than the ones we have,' he said in March. 'If we do not reinforce the squad, next year all we will be able to do is fight for fourth again.

'I want to be fighting for the Premier League, the Champions League or the Europa League, but to do this we need signings to come.'

On the contrary, there is little money to spend and reports of star players leaving rather than being brought in.

Steven Gerrard is wanted by Real Madrid, while Inter Milan and Barcelona are among the clubs keen on fellow midfielder Javier Mascherano.

Torres joined Liverpool from Atletico Madrid three years ago with the hope of winning titles, but has yet to add a winners' medal to the Euro 2008 title he won alongside a number of Barca players with Spain.

The delay over Roy Hodgson's appointment as manager at Liverpool is also a concern, but a deal for Torres is in any case unlikely till Spain's participation in the World Cup is over.

As with Fabregas, Torres's status as a premiere Nike-sponsored athlete is an added attraction to Rosell, who is a former executive of the sportswear manufacturer.

Read more: Barcelona eye Fernando Torres bargain as they ready £38m move for Liverpool ace | Mail Online

If true, they're a truly horrible club. Tapping up players to drive down prices cause they refuse to pay going rates. In any case, any idiot will just say, he's under a long term contract, pay up for fuck off. Refuse to grant any transfer, he has no buy-out clause. Barca only want him as a luxury, they don't need him, therefore in that case alone take them to the cleaners. £70 million just to bring me to the table. This is a club that paid £60m for Zlatan last summer, they're a bunch of clowns.

Edited by Gary Mac Legend

Milan Jovanovic has revealed he could pull out of his move to Liverpool.

The Serbia striker, whose contract at Standard Liege came to an end this summer, signed a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool in February, but speculation has been rife that former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, now at Inter Milan, would attempt to ambush the deal. And Jovanovic has hinted he could decide to follow Benitez to the San Siro.

"There is an agreement signed with Liverpool, but if either party wants to end it, it's not impossible," said the 29-year-old in quotes reported on Tuttomercatoweb.com.

Add Comment Print

Shit stirring by Tuttomercatoweb there, whoever the fuck they are, Italian by any chance?

Here's the man's own words as posted in by PaulMcC in the Jovanovic thread last week-

De Standaard Online - Jovanovic ontkent bocht richting Inter

"Listen, I have signed one month ago. I do not break that contract because Benitez has left. If the conductors of Liverpool would say today that the new coach is not counting on me and we an arrangement, I would think about it. But I have faith: Benitez wanted me but also the management. I was free. "

According to Marca today Barca have signed / are going to sign Mata for 20 million.

Can't see how they can afford Torres as well.

We need to get out hands on turan fast then, silva to cite^ and mata to barce...

Good news about torres though

Man i'm starting to get really worried[/quote

I can't believe I am saying this but Real and Barca are right up there with the m**** and Bitters on my list of teams I hate....

Their club management tapping up players through the media and agents...

Their players using the media to pursuade players such as Kaka, Messi, Pique aso....

God knows what they're like when the national team is away together for weeks

They can fuck right off the lot of them.....

Shit stirring by Tuttomercatoweb there, whoever the fuck they are, Italian by any chance?

Here's the man's own words as posted in by PaulMcC in the Jovanovic thread last week-

De Standaard Online - Jovanovic ontkent bocht richting Inter

"Listen, I have signed one month ago. I do not break that contract because Benitez has left. If the conductors of Liverpool would say today that the new coach is not counting on me and we an arrangement, I would think about it. But I have faith: Benitez wanted me but also the management. I was free. "

are we not paying him any wages then?