You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gutsy performance and to think I turned down tickets for this, anyway very pleased, obviously , but after we went 1-0 up I had visions of it happening again but too hold out for so long like you did is what really impressed me tonight. It will hopefully rebuild some of that lost confidence.

The subs were positive aswell.

Well done to everyone.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Dirk's a cool customer. He said Gomes came up before the re-kick and said in Dutch, 'Are you taking it in the same corner?' So he said 'I haven't decided' and then blasted it in the opposite side.

Yeah I am one of Dirk's biggest critics but for some reason, I was fully confident he was going to score both pens. He still should have got at least a hat-trick in that game though.

Warmed to Degen a bit tonight aswell, he's definitely a battler! And obviously I was baffled when he didn't shoot, but he still really went for it tonight and it seemed like the match meant a lot to him. If they can keep this up and carry on playing for eachother like they did tonight things might get a lot better.

Guts, determination and some excellent individual performances...early days, but there are tentative signs of a recovery, just got to keep this going now.

Something though seems to have happened in the last two games, there seems a spirit about the camp which had been lacking for so long this season. Made me remember why I love this club and why I miss going to Anfield more than anything else.

From the beeb match report.

"Liverpool's ceaseless workrate and greater passion earned them a deserved three points, and the victory margin could have been greater had Albert Riera's second half header not hit the bar and Kuyt failed to hit the target from close range"

At least they fucking noticed this time and didn't put it down to the ref or luck.

Still buzzin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to all involved tonight - players, management and the fans. Tremendous effort from the players, particularly the workrate in the first half. Even the crowd seemed more up for the game than they have for ages.

When Spurs had their period of domination in the second half I'm not so sure it was down to the players backing off so much as they were fucked from the amountr of effort they'd put in, in the first half. Dirk going down for a few minutes wrecked Spurs momentum and allowed the players to get their second wind. It was all Liverpool after that. Now we have to take that on into the next game.

???

Seriously, Dirk has obviously got us the result tonight but he was still awful for chunks of the game. We can't afford players that perform in five games a season and no rush of euphoria is going to change that.

I don't hate the guy, that would be way off the mark but how may games has he stank the place out in this season? Ten? fifteen? More?

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's bonfires, least of all Thants', melons' and TK241's but I'm not having entirely justified criticism of his performances this season suddenly dismissed just because he's done the job tonight. Sorry and all that.

Well pleased with the result tonight and in particular with the way we weathered the storm without collapsing. Hopefully we can use the confidence we gained from this result to steady the ship.

RR, I'm not dismissing anything. He's had a poor season so far but he's my favourite player. Even when he's playing shit I can't help but love watching him play. Maybe I'm mental. It's the recent call to sell him that bothers me. This is the player that apart from Pepe has been available and played all season when all others are injured around him. He's played in a shit unbalanced inconsistent hotchpotch of teams. But he's been there time after time.

I've had a few and i'm not coherent (as ever) but I'm nor going to excuse myself being proud of the fellar when he's won the game for us scoring a hat-trick(ish).

Excellent substitutions tonight - Maxi's ball putting The Boy Wash through. Ngog gave them all sorts of problems when we had looked in imminent danger of conceding. Personally I was desperate enough to want to see Babel come on. Good battling win with sustained closing down and chasing (but a lot of hoofing). Aquilani steadily improving.

Kuyt is shit - goal or no goal

fuck. i thought it was shit in real time but then i watch the misses when i got home.

bar the bit in the second half it was a well fought game. the greek for me has transformed our defence. we need a younger, faster, win everything in the air centreback. i'd cash in on skertel.

Apart from the result, what was most pleasing was how our subs got us on the front foot again. We were starting to get nervy and sitting back too much but we found an impetus and bossed the last 10 minutes. Kuyt could easily have had a hat-trick (first time in a Reds shirt of I'm not mistaken?) and Riera was unlucky with his header. I do think that Spurs were unlucky to have Defoe's goal ruled out as there was nothing wrong with it in my view, but hey, them's the breaks. I also believe the Sunderland goal should have been ruled out, but there you go.

All in all, the pleasing thing was we weren't camped in our own penalty area defending a 1-goal lead for once. And 'Arry made a huge tactical blunder by not having a runner attack Insua (I know Lennon was out), and by the time he put Hutton on to rectify this, Hutton was left so far forward we started finding space ourselves.

I'm not sure what was said on this thread about Defoe's goal, as I didn't go too far back, but for me he was active because he turned an chased the ball before it came to The Kyrgen. I think Robbie also suggested that he tugged Reina's shirt.

I'm not sure what was said on this thread about Defoe's goal, as I didn't go too far back, but for me he was active because he turned an chased the ball before it came to The Kyrgen. I think Robbie also suggested that he tugged Reina's shirt.

My thoughts are that it was a foul on Pepe.

Every player tonight gave 110% effort.

Kuyt, Carragher & The Greek we all oustanding & led by example.

Not the greatest in terms of keeping the ball or quality when we had it, but if we'd shown this much determination in other games this season we wouldn't be in the current situation we find ourselves in.