You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

???

Seriously, Dirk has obviously got us the result tonight but he was still awful for chunks of the game. We can't afford players that perform in five games a season and no rush of euphoria is going to change that.

I don't hate the guy, that would be way off the mark but how may games has he stank the place out in this season? Ten? fifteen? More?

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's bonfires, least of all Thants', melons' and TK241's but I'm not having entirely justified criticism of his performances this season suddenly dismissed just because he's done the job tonight. Sorry and all that.

Well pleased with ther result tonight and in particular with the way we weathered the storm without collapsing. Hopefully we can use the confidence we gained from this result to steady the ship.

It's alright, you apologised. x

???

Seriously, Dirk has obviously got us the result tonight but he was still awful for chunks of the game. We can't afford players that perform in five games a season and no rush of euphoria is going to change that.

I don't hate the guy, that would be way off the mark but how may games has he stank the place out in this season? Ten? fifteen? More?

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's bonfires, least of all Thants', melons' and TK241's but I'm not having entirely justified criticism of his performances this season suddenly dismissed just because he's done the job tonight. Sorry and all that.

Well pleased with ther result tonight and in particular with the way we weathered the storm without collapsing. Hopefully we can use the confidence we gained from this result to steady the ship.

Fair points Robo me old mucker. He has been bad, seriously bad, at times this season like the rest of the team. However the criticism and particularly the insults have been way over the top. It's only natural for people who like and rate the player to respond on nights like this.

It goes round and round in circles, that's how it is with Kuyt. People say Lucas and Luis Garcia divided the fans and I'd put Kuyt in that bracket too.

He'll always end up with 10-15 goals per season in all comps, that's not bad for a player of his capabilities.

Roger and out.

Dirk is a different player when he plays in the middle up front. He does not have the pace or the skill for the wide right role. Up front he ties up two or three defenders on his own. Also he is a better finisher than people give him credit for.

Carragher was immense tonight....a performance that he owed the team, the fans and himself

I'm bollocked after that, they battled their hearts out for the ninety minutes and we've been missing that for a majority of the season. We weren't pretty but that result was badly needed. At last they showed some balls and even created some great chances in the last 15minutes.

Standouts were Carra, Kyriagkos, Reina, and Kuyt.

That performance was pure guts, embodied by Dirk Kuyt. He really stepped up tonight and made the difference. Really we should have won about 5 tonight but 2 nil will do. So relieved to get the second. Best performance yet from Aquilani, the back four were excellent defensively and Riera who a lot of people don't rate, brought stability to the left flank. I think he's a very under rated player for us. It wasn't pretty but when we're this low in confidence any win will do and we deserved that, no doubt about it. Well done Rafa and the team!

Fantastic result. Wasnt the best performance but the lads showed fantastic character and worked their socks off.

Kuyt and Carragher led the way whilst The Greek, Skretl, Reira and Mascherano were not far away.

Jesus whoever bashes Kuyt tonight out of all nights deserves to be looked at in the head.

The fans really got behind the team when needed a lift and the team responded. Now this result can kick start a chain reaction. We needed this, and now onwards and fucking upwards lads.

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE....

It's alright, you apologised. x

Fair points Robo me old mucker. He has been bad, seriously bad, at times this season like the rest of the team. However the criticism and particularly the insults have been way over the top. It's only natural for people who like and rate the player to respond on nights like this.

It goes round and round in circles, that's how it is with Kuyt. People say Lucas and Luis Garcia divided the fans and I'd put Kuyt in that bracket too.

He'll always end up with 10-15 goals per season in all comps, that's not bad for a player of his capabilities.

Roger and out.

No, no, you reasonable bastards, this is all wrong. You're supposed to call me all the cunts under the sun and then we have a huge internet fight ;-)