You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan @ Anfield, Wednesday night

zigackly

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree not everyone was against it, but as Fungus has pointed out, some convenient hindsight being shown here!

But that said, nobody likes a gloater Strontium, and we get loads of them in here, 'can I come in for a gloat they say' and we say 'no go away you heartless gloater, Milners still average'

But that said, nobody likes a gloater Strontium, and we get loads of them in here, 'can I come in for a gloat they say' and we say 'no go away you heartless gloater, Milners still average'

This is brilliant. Well done.

Fabio Capello was at Great Ormond Street Hospital on Sky the other day, pointing at the sick kids and that, and he asked one of them who their favourite player was, and the kid went: "Well, in England terms, I'd have to say James Milner."

Capello just went: "Eheheheyyyyyyyy, Meelner?"

That sums it up for me.

This is brilliant. Well done.

Fabio Capello was at Great Ormond Street Hospital on Sky the other day, pointing at the sick kids and that, and he asked one of them who their favourite player was, and the kid went: "Well, in England terms, I'd have to say James Milner."

Capello just went: "Eheheheyyyyyyyy, Meelner?"

That sums it up for me.

He'd be a lateral Lucas for me. Solid, consistent, adaptable, picked to create balance vs. for his flair. He'd be a great squad player for us, he's better off at Villa though, their 1 way of playing suits his game.

I think Villa are the flavour of the month, as they seem to be every season, but Milner stands out. In a bunch of cloggers and Olympic sprinters, he stands out to me as head and shoulders above them all. I've always liked him, I don't see him ever getting into our central midfield, he'd be out wide, but he's probably still better than anything we have.

I would say at this present time Vila are the most effective team in the PL, not the best but the most effective in relation to its players and sadly to say were probably along with Everton the most ineffective.

Don't they usually play him right, Young left and Carew or Heskey leading the line? Which makes the last two their equivalent of Torres and N'Gog (I prefer our two strikers).

I'd take Young and Agbonlahor over any of our "wide" players though.

I don't watch them that much, but I thought they normally played 2 up top with Agbonlahor and Carew/Heskey? He is listed as a striker on their website, but so is Kuyt on ours I'd assume, so doesn't say much.

Wide players they have Milner, Young, Downing aswell as Agbonlahor if he is a winger instead. Not a bad bunch.

I agree not everyone was against it, but as Fungus has pointed out, some convenient hindsight being shown here!

Any use of Blackadder quotes is a reppable offence.

Heskey has had 2 shots on target all season. He's utter shite.

I didn't say he wasn't, I was replying to Tom!

For the record you can't get much shitter than Heskey. But we've got Torres and Ngog and that's it. Even Heskey would be better than no-one.

Voronin and Babel appear to have been disappeared by the KGB and are even now breaking rocks in the Ljubljanka.

yeah, terrible was harsh. But he wasn't exactly great was he.

His touch was shit (2 or 3 nice touches aside early in the 2nd half) he can't hold the ball up for shit and he gets shrugged off almost every challenge.

Showed a turn of pace 1 on 1 a few times, but then lost out in the tackle almost every time anyway, so it was pretty much worthless pace.

Your Ngogaphobia sickens me.