You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

English players who'd strengthen us

Paul

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think I put Kevin Davies for that reason? .

i hate Davies but at least he's actually a feasible buy

I reckon Scott Parker or Mark Noble would be good enough to start for us at present. I reckon Mark Noble is going to be a really good player.

neither are anywhere near the ability of Aquilani so all they'd be doing is replacing Lucas. And we'd probably have to shell out quite a bit extra £££ for that 'swap'.

Milner is a very good shout but he'd probably cost £15m+

Scott Parker is a good shout. He's an intelligent, hard working midfielder with a good range of passing. It would be as a semi-replacement for Masch though. I doubt he'd be creative enough for the spot beside him.

And Carlton Cole is boss.

Scott Parker is a very good midfielder but also very injury prone. Mark Noble is an excellent prospect who has an all round better game than Parker, and he has good leadership qualities for a young player. He also conducts himself better off the pitch than his cousin does.

Realistic price wise I would say.

Shawcross - even though we walloped them 4-0 I thought he was played really well & was practically on his own at times. He has also not heard yet that centre-backs are banned from scoring for us.

Collison - very tidy player who has got lots of potential to excel

Kightly - been injured lately but often outplayed the likes of Milner for the Under-21s to my mind & my Wolves' mates say he is the best of the bunch at Molyneux. Can play on both wings but would be useful on the right for us.

Thought he was born in England , but was using the remit as English in a home player in the Prem sense.

Born in Watford, but qualifies to play for Wales. Presumably he would qualify as "homegrown" as he came through the ranks at Peterborough/Cambridge United/West Ham.

Very good midfielder with an eye for goal. Apparently Arsenal are keeping tabs on him.

Other than the cost, the big problem with us signing English players is that most of them are regulars with their current clubs. They wouldn't look half as effective at Liverpool because being part of a squad system like ours would disrupt their continuity. Of course there are exceptions such as Glen Johnson, who was signed as a first teamer therefore will get regular games.

This is an issue with all British and Irish players. Look at the problems we had with Bellamy and Keane, and also Crouch to a lesser extent.

Scott Parker is a good shout. He's an intelligent, hard working midfielder with a good range of passing. It would be as a semi-replacement for Masch though. I doubt he'd be creative enough for the spot beside him.

And Carlton Cole is boss.

Scott Parker is a great shout.

I personally think if the Masch wants out it would leave money for other departments with the money we would have made.

I have always thought its the most important position but now I dont. Scott Parker would do the job. He has been there for years and wouldnt let us down.