You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Maybe he could have used the near on £30m on a decent attacking player who would have scored goals when Torres was injured? Rocket science?

Spot on. Rafa might have been the reason we were challenging for the league with the squad that he built, but he is also the reason we didn't win it because he was a massive failure in last summer.

Rash, I seem to remember you being ecstatic with the Keane signing.

Rashid isn't the manager, nor the sporting director, nor the head scout, or even just a scout. He's a supporter.

I was pretty happy with the Keane signing and thought that he would do well, but he didn't, he was bloody awful.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sooner this deal is done the better. We don't need any player who doesn't want to be here. Get the money in and spend it on players who do want to be here. I'm amazed it's dragged on for so long.

I agree. On the other hand we cant sell him on the cheap. We should really just set the price we want from Madrid, and say for each week they need to decide we`ll add another million Euros to the price.

He tried to move on Xabi for Gareth Fucking Barry - thats an insult in itself. He also tried to move on a player whom he gave a 5 year contract to during that "Poor performing period"....

Nobody would mind if he was getting rid for footballing purposes, but we know there is more to it than that.

Why the insults by the way? Did I insult you Johnny?

No,your just a dense clueless twat!

Rashid isn't the manager, nor the sporting director, nor the head scout, or even just a scout. He's a supporter.

I was pretty happy with the Keane signing and thought that he would do well, but he didn't, he was bloody awful.

Hindsight is 20/20, it's easy to say now that we should have spent the money on a decent attacking player, but I'm sure the majority of us supporters, and Rafa, thought Keane was just that.

3rd best?

He wasn't better than Reina, Carragher, Alonso, Torres or Gerrard.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/79514-player-season-2009-discussion.html

The final table looks like this:

1. Alonso...............73 points

2. Gerrard................71 points

3. Kuyt....................39 points

4. Torres.................38 points

5. Reina...................37 points

6. Benayoun............34 points

7. Mascherano.........30 points

8. Carragher............27 points

9. Hyypia.................27 points

10.Riera..................17 points

Thats great if Alonso found his man with every long pass he tries but he does not.

Whilst he gets a round of applause from the fans for trying the effort at the end of the day its still surrending possesion so a 20yrd pass which finds the team mate is the better pass.

Alonso is a top player and can play the short passes to great effect infact i would say i prefer when he does this because normally he ups the tempo but same as any player he is replacable.

Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Torres for me are our spine but out of the six for me Alonso is the least important.

That last bit is the crux of it for me, he is a great player, but so was Jan Molby. However, Jan Molby was never irreplacebale nor the key player amongst the Rush, Aldridge, Barnes, Beardo, Houghton players players he played against.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/79514-player-season-2009-discussion.html

The final table looks like this:

1. Alonso...............73 points

2. Gerrard................71 points

3. Kuyt....................39 points

4. Torres.................38 points

5. Reina...................37 points

6. Benayoun............34 points

7. Mascherano.........30 points

8. Carragher............27 points

9. Hyypia.................27 points

10.Riera..................17 points

He is judged on his own standards... hence why he gets votes. If Gerrard played like he did, Stevie would be 11th.

Anything less than 25 mil for him in todays market, then the transfer has to be a no go.

I'm not too worried about the prospect of him going as at least up to now the owners have allowed Rafa to spend any of the money he makes up on sales. This means if he and Arbeloa say their goodbyes then we could be looking at a transfer kitty of around 40 mil, presuming the owners keep to the same mantra of letting Rafa use money he makes on sales.

With that in mind, I honestly think that if the only other player we brought in was Villa, then we would have a great chance of winning the title. As we have already seen how well Torres and Villa link up for Spain, so we could probably afford to let Gerrard slip back into midfield.

If we bid for Villa, I really do think he would rather come here than any of the other English clubs in for him. Imagine Slurs face if he choose us over them, and I really think he would.

Hindsight is 20/20, it's easy to say now that we should have spent the money on a decent attacking player, but I'm sure the majority of us supporters, and Rafa, thought Keane was just that.

Indeed... However, Rafa lives and dies by his decisions and we do not. We fucking agonise about his mistakes for months, and months, and months. This is why we can look back and call it an absolute failure in the transfer market, because it was just that. This is also why we can say 'we should have...' because what else can we do?

That doesn't excuse Rafa's two big signings failing to make an impact. Let's be honest... We broke our transfer records for any player, and for our defensive player without them even being deemed 'good squad material'.

what a massive fuck up on the clubs part.

Wasting major cash on players who don't perform then flogging them on at a loss.

Coverting players who don't come in and making it clear your surplus to requirements.

Watching said player have his best season with us.

Now selling one of the best midfielders in the world instead of being able to manage the situation and keep a major part of the spine of the team.

Fkin shite I'm mighty pissed off.

I dont think it's possible to replace Alonso but the best we can get Unrighteous mentioned Lucho Gonzales, he is experienced and strong and could slip in there and do a job allowing us to keep the same shape with Gerrard and Torres. Porto would probably want 15m for him but hes' the only midfielder i can think of who can play at the right level

Offer Xabi a new contract and put an end to all this. We are very close to a very good side and we can't afford to lose last seasons player of the year. If Rafa does sell him it must be for personal reasons, possibly he has never forgiven him for wanting to be at his childs birth a few seasons back instead of playing in a champions league game. It's a difficult one but I think Rafa set the precedent when he didn't even go to his own fathers funeral. What ever happened I think xabi's performances and commitment last season to Liverpool make him one of the pillars of the team.

:idea:

what a massive fuck up on the clubs part.

Wasting major cash on players who don't perform then flogging them on at a loss.

Coverting players who don't come in and making it clear your surplus to requirements.

Watching said player have his best season with us.

Now selling one of the best midfielders in the world instead of being able to manage the situation and keep a major part of the spine of the team.

Fkin shite I'm mighty pissed off.

Why not just put this in the Xabi thread. Don't think we need a new one.

I do find it interesting that Xabi appears to be completely 100% blameless in this.

Fuck Xabi and his shit beard. It looks dead gay.

Careful - thats what Fabregas said to him.

P.s. I miss your upside down dancing Banana Adam, one of the all time great Avatar's - is it ever likely to be reborn?