You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has some pace about him, skillfull and powerful.

He can play in any position along the front or even behind the striker if Gerrard is injured/rested.

Already used to the Premiership so for me i would sign him up depending on if we can get a deal hopefully structered like the mancs have just had where we pay £6 million a year loan for a couple of years then with the option to buy.

I would love Tevez here, his is Kuyt with pace and technical ability. His spell at the scum hasn't showed his best sides as I knew them before he went there.

But hasn't he said that he wouldn't play for another team in England?

Go in there Rafa and Mascherano and get him here on a good deal.

Xabi Alonso is arguably our only quality all round football player.W/O Alonso we're screwed. To bring Tevez in (assuming we could get him) and get rid of Xabi would be plain suicide.

You what now? You don't think we have another pretty good midfielder who could be considered a good "all round football player". In fact another midfielder who would be considered a considerably better "all round football player". A player that has already excelled at full back, winger, midfielder and attacker?

You what now? You don't think we have another pretty good midfielder who could be considered a good "all round football player". In fact another midfielder who would be considered a considerably better "all round football player". A player that has already excelled at full back, winger, midfielder and attacker?

Lucas has never played full back?

Is nobody going to mention the small matter that he is shite!

The ability to run down blind alleys is not going to win you the league, he'll cost 30 million, we'll probably spend double that in skin grafts trying to keep his head on his shoulders! FFS Am I the only one who thinks this is just an attempt to wind siralex up!

See: R. Keane.

Sorry mate....what are you trying to say?

Yes, we signed Keane and he was a failure. I could argue he wasn't given enough chances to play with Torres but this has been done to death.

Dossena is an international left back but Aurelio is better than him. And we signed Aurelio on a free without facing any competition from any other clubs. There are NO certainties in football.

Just because Keane was a failure doesn't mean Villa will fail. As I said, top players will always adjust playing with each other and Gerrard, Villa and Torres are all top players and they CAN and WILL play with each other. And we would be just awesome.

Euro tournament didn't tell us anything. In fact, no - it did tell us something. It proved that Villa is a top quality striker against top opposition. And he proved the same against England when he turned the English defenders inside out - several times.

Lots of fans say we should never ever disturb the Gerrard/Torres combination. I disagree. I think we need another real top notch striker to put pressure on Torres AND to play with Torres and Gerrard. Just imagine Gerrard, Torres and Villa having full freedom to go at teams. Most of the defences will be on its arse when these run against them.

It is the manager's job to keep everyone happy, to accomodate all the top players in his team and to rest/rotate them when possible. As a fan I'm just amazed that no one wants to see a quality player like Villa at Anfield.

We would love to see Villa at Anfield, but Chelsea and City are interested and the starting price will be 35 million, sorry but that is unrealistic. Silva would be a fantastic option, particularly at home one of the things that did impress me about Arsenal on Tuesday was the movement, you don't really appreciate it on the tv but when you can see the forward movement all over the pitch it is excellent, but I think it helps having pace as well, Kuyt for all his criticism does offer movement but he is slow and easy to track and tackle.

Gerrard, Silva, Torres and Benayoun (or Kuba) would open up more or less every defence below the top four (IMO). I just don't see the need to pay huge money for a forward who is not better than the two that we have, I would like to see us unearth someone like Adebayor, a young, pacy, atheletic striker for about 6-7 million, I think they would give us another option as well.

I dont know how it works now with Tevez been owned by MSI because i thought that the Premier League stepped in to stop third party ownership but if its possible to get Tevez in even if its just for a season on loan with a view to a permanent transfer it would be a masterstroke for me.

Getting Tevez on loan would allow us to sell Dossena and Babel potentially raising £14-16 million for a right sided winger whilst having Tevez and Riera battling it out on the left.

Tevez can also play on the right himself if need be or as either supporting or playing alongside the striker.

Selling Lucas and promoting Spearing would also put extra cash in the kitty.

if we can stupidly afford to spend the money on keane, I am sure we can find the money this guy.

Yep. It seemed like Spurs named their price and we stumped up without negotiation last summer.

On a purely financial level, we did the right thing in cashing in on Keane as early as we could.

I'd be all for Tevez. He's world class, and he'll be a vastly better player with us than he is with United. Ferguson clearly can't get a tenth of his potential out of him.

He's made for us.