You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Teenage mutant hero skrtel

Paco

I think that Chris's comments are OTT , but I would have to say that I don't see that Martin has been as brilliant as a lot of posters feel he has. I would describe his first year as above average with plenty of promise , but not any more than that.

I have also not seen much evidence of this 'Martin is a monster on the pitch ' and maybe we are over-exaggerating this because all of our other central defenders , while excellent , are relatively cerebral and not massively aggressive.

Yeah, a monster who just happens to be not very good at football. A fucking clumsy liability.

Just going back to our objection to this "Skrtel is hard" thing. Do you think it is as tedious or over blown as the "Torres is so sexy" one? I mean, i remember one lad even wrote a long winded post about how he was gutted his Mum wasn't in love with Nando to the same extent that he was.....:whistle:

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure where you get this idea that Martin is a liability or is just shit. I mean, since his debut he's been fucking brilliant for us on the whole and our defensive record has been very good with him in the team. I'll admit he is a tad rash sometimes in his tackling but it's never caused us too much trouble and i love us having a tough tackling, commanding centre back in there. The way he bullied Drogba in the CL Semi at Anfield was a joy to behold. He's also fairly young, and in my opinion the best partner for Carra at the moment when fully fit.

I think you just love Danny's silky skills and don't want to see him displaced by Skrtel because, while i'd accept people could argue over who is the better player, i don't see how any sane individual could label either of them shit or a liability given their careers here so far.