You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God sake Philly, you can understand Spock going back in time but can't grasp Terminator doing it?

Without being rude, you've already said something in another thread along the lines of 'I hope every film this summer is shit so Star Trek is the best'. TBH, that's kind of making your views on this film irrelevant.

There was fundamental problems with the plot which means you can't really be engaged. You're only supposed to like John Connor cause you've been told he is a hero. I can write a list of reasons why this films plot is retarded.

They should've hired a decent director not MC FUCKIN G.

Just got back from watching it and only one word for it DULL.

Forget the plot holes etc u got to watch these films for "action and adventure" but god this was boring. Bale looks like he realises hes in a crap film and cant wait to get out of there the Marcus character is the most interesting but the whole premise of him doesnt make sense and when the CGI Arnie turns up then im afraid I gave In. The best I can say about it was that its isnt shit its just nothing and pointless.

I'm a fan of the new one, they did what they could with it. Think its setting up for an even better T5 and T6. Thought the actor they got in to play Kyle Reece was spot on, Bale puts in a solid effort as Connor.

However, the director couldn't steer away from a few cheesy moments "i'll be back!" and also they played the T2 sound track Guns n Roses - You could be mine in the film.

A solid 7/10 imo.

seriously

what a stupid fucking film. i really think i could write a better screenplay than the majority of people in hollywood. writing a blockbuster is in no way hard.

Basic storyline premise works like this: Introduce Hero, Put Hero up a tree, Throw rocks at Hero, Hero solves the problem, Ending.

If "you could be mine" is in it them i'm watching it. What a tune.

Aye, video is top too. The clips at the very beginning were cut from the film when it was released, it was originally going to show the older John Connor breaking into Cyberdine and reprogramming the terminator.

This is the kind of tune I'd play in the car if I was driving to someone's house to kill them. Not that it's ever crossed my mind.

[YOUTUBE]1C2dGRoaZ1A[/YOUTUBE]

I also thought cameron's vision of the future was a lot better and grim. This one felt more like resident fucking evil or terminator on a beach.

Cameron's filming in T2 was quality, he used filters like Michael Mann uses to create that LA hue, either gold or blue.

Cameron's filming in T2 was quality, he used filters like Michael Mann uses to create that LA hue, either gold or blue.

Heat and Collateral being the two finest examples.

Terminator is a load of sci fi bollocks and shite within that genre, too.

If anyone is weighing up which load of sci fi nonsense to watch, go for star trek; its basically american hero pap but is fun and easy to take in.

Went to see it today with Little Lurtz. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not interested in picking through the bones of the plot trying to find holes, it was just a very good, crash-bang sci-fi movie and myself and LL enjoyed it a lot. Some people should chill out and enjoy a movie for what it is rather than getting nerdy-anal about storyline intricacies.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

just went to see it and i agree with IMDB's rating of 7.2/10. Surprisingly nobody in the cinema got up for a piss during the entire film, which say's something i suppose.