You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton Match Thread

Carradona

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys that was pretty shite.

We are struggling to break down a league one team and in fact if it wasnt for a good save or two from Itandje we could have been going into the half time losing.

For me once again its showing just how shite we are up front. Kuyt thinks hes Marradona and trying to take two or three players on but he has not got the ability.

Torres would have a field day today so Babel should be there in his place giving the two Luton centre halfs something else to worry about.

Its common knowledge against Crouch if you cant get the first ball make sure you get the second and in all fairness they have had a couple of chances but taken neither.

We really should be taking these to the cleaners but instead we have their fans cheering as they come off because in all fairness they have more then matched us.

Very poor from us. Babel showed some nice skills early on, but has gone quiet. Shocking defending by Carra and Riise when Carra tried to call for offside, good save by Itandje.

We need to use the ball better, and we need to have more (and better) movement off the ball when we're in possession. All it takes for Luton to nullify us is for us to stop running off the ball.

It's both interesting and worrying seeing the Luton defenders piss all over Kuyt and Crouch when it comes to pace. They're League One ffs!

You can almost hear Andy Gray salivating that we are being held wont be long before he says we shoulda played blah blah blah no doubt Richard Keys is gonna bang his usual drum....

It's not a surprise though, is it?

The media want a shock, and they work for the media. All neutrals will want a shock as well, as I would if it was one of the other top sides.

Keys is talking shit there though, saying we've only had one chance!

I can remember a few. Having said that though, apart from the first twenty minutes or so, we have been terrible. Can't control, can't pass and no penetration. Against a league one side.

Very poor from us. Babel showed some nice skills early on, but has gone quiet. Shocking defending by Carra and Riise when Carra tried to call for offside, good save by Itandje.

We need to use the ball better, and we need to have more (and better) movement off the ball when we're in possession. All it takes for Luton to nullify us is for us to stop running off the ball.

It's both interesting and worrying seeing the Luton defenders piss all over Kuyt and Crouch when it comes to pace. They're League One ffs!

Were you expecting Kuyt and Crouch to be faster, just because they are in a lower league? Those two are snail-like against anyone. That's just the way it is, i'm not surprised about it.

To be honest i dont give a fuck what other teams do against lower league opposition m only bothered about what we do and what we are donig at the moment is struggling against a poor Luton side.

Luton are obviously playing on adrenalin as much as anything and if we were to score a goal i could well see us adding two or three.

Wonder if its tempting to take off Kuyt for El Zahir, put him on the right wing moving Yossi to the left wing and Babel upfront alongside Crouch.

I will forecast Rafa replacing Babel with El Zahir and Voronin for Crouch.