You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reading match thread

Brownie

I know it's early but i'm off work this week and i'm bored as fuck, so let's get the build up started.

I hope we go with:

---------------Reina

Finnan--Carra-Hyypia--Arbeloa

Benayoun--Gerrard--Mascherano--Kewell

-----------Torres--Crouch

Hopefully Agger and Alonso may be back on the bench? Any news on those two?

I just hope we really go at them and try to win the game as quickly as possible.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Duberry after the Carling Cup game, they did keep Torres quiet.

I genuinely believe that both Duberry and Bikey were on top of their game and kept him as quiet as they will ever be able to. They threw everything they've got at him - it's just that he's got so much more than both of them combined.

----------------------Reina--------------------

----Finnan-----Dagger-------Sami------Aurelio-------

----Yossi------Gerrard-------Mascher------Riise---------

---------------Torres---------Crouchasaurus-----------

I think whoever plays in this match, will more or less play against United.

I know it's early but i'm off work this week and i'm bored as fuck, so let's get the build up started.

I hope we go with:

---------------Reina

Finnan--Carra-Hyypia--Arbeloa

Benayoun--Gerrard--Mascherano--Kewell

-----------Torres--Crouch

Hopefully Agger and Alonso may be back on the bench? Any news on those two?

I just hope we really go at them and try to win the game as quickly as possible.

Yeah i'm hoping its that team. Be surprised if its anything else to be honest. We're on a run so hopefully we can finish this game in 60 mins so we can take gerrard and torres off to rest them for Marseille.

-------------Reina--------------

Finnan---Carra---Hyypia---Arbeloa--

Babel--Gerrard--Masher---Kewell

--------Kuyt----Torres------------

I think that Kuyt will get a start to be honest so he can drop back help the midfield when they have the ball, Babel in for Beni as he's a lot stronger in the physical challege that can be expected, I think that Reading will play to a similar pattern and style as the CC game so we'll need strengh to wear them down.

Score 2-0 Reds and Pepe one more CS closer to beating Clem's record

I wasn't actually all that convinced by the Crouch/Torres partnership last game. I'd like to see it a bit more before forming a definite view. On first impressions I felt Crouch was slightly below par - possibly affected by being in Torres' shadow? Torres played his usual bright game - he is the main man and will impose his will on the vast majority of games he plays in. But I felt Crouch didn't really grab the bull by the horns. Maybe he will next time.

I'd like to see us play a strong side against Reading. No messing. Keep the momentum going.

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Hyypia

Arbeloa

Benayoun

Gerrard

Mascherano

Kewell

Torres

Kuyt

With Babel and Crouch to feature prominently from the subs bench.

i dont think he'll fuck around with the team too much. I expect Mascherano to play in place of Lucas and perhaps Kuyt or Voro in place of Crouch. Kewell might get a rest but i expect benayoun to play.

i'm glad i stopped doing that fantasy rafa thing as i'm really not much good at guessing his team at all.

i dont think he'll fuck around with the team too much. I expect Mascherano to play in place of Lucas and perhaps Kuyt or Voro in place of Crouch. Kewell might get a rest but i expect benayoun to play.

i'm glad i stopped doing that fantasy rafa thing as i'm really not much good at guessing his team at all.

I did it for one week and then gave up!

It was giving me headaches!

You think he'll rest Gerrard and Torres for Marseille?

I'd be furious, I have to say.

I think he'll rest at least one of them, not just for Marseille, but for the Mancs as well. Gerrard's started 16 matches in a row or something silly like that.