You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beskitas Tuesday

Red Nick

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope when January comes we finally get rid of Crouch - a player whose only skill remains heading the ball backwards over the halfway line. As for fucking Yossi fucking Benayoun, tonight's woeful performance illustrates perfectly the idiocy of the manager's filling up of the squad with average journeymen players. And as for the manger himself, well - tick tock, Rafa, that's all I'll say.

Let's just hope when January comes we finally get rid of Crouch - a player whose only skill remains heading the ball backwards over the halfway line. As for fucking Yossi fucking Benayoun, tonight's woeful performance illustrates perfectly the idiocy of the manager's filling up of the squad with average journeymen players. And as for the manger himself, well - tick tock, Rafa, that's all I'll say.

sign me up. Take it to the bank

Guest PaddyBerger15
Just got back. I have never witnessed such a bumming, there weren't even a struggle.

Very reminiscent of the Boca Seniors of last season young 'un....Besiktas that is.:whistle:

Right first things first. Lets not sucking each other dicks just yet. A great result and performance against woeful oppostition.

BUT

The football we played tonight is exactly what we should be seeing on a regular basis regardless of opposition. The Passing was crisp, the movement was good. If a ball forward wasn’t on we went sideways or backwards but we kept possession. Don’t recall a single hoof (long may it continue) Honestkly baffled with the quality of players at our disposal why we can’t produce this kind of quality on a regular basis. We did the basics tonight extremely well. I happen to think the inclusion of crouch had a significant impact onthis but that canonly be hyptotsised.

Indivdually. Arbeloa, Voronin, Crouchie and Benayoun were superb. But MOTM still goes the Mascherano. Absolutely fucking immense – he had a couple of dodgy games where he gave the ball away a lot but what a fucking player. He’s the real; deal, bees knees, he was the hub of everything that was excellent tonight. All the players around him fed of him and did what they do best. Very much like Argentina at their best. Made up for Rick Parfit though - lot of criticism in recent weeks but he was brilliant tonight. Worked tirelessly but he also had the extra quality needed. The touch for Stveie’g goal was worlds class. Ad was Babel;’s goal - he’ll be some player in the future. As will Lucas.

Key is not to get too carried away. Enjoy it for a few days, we’ve stamped our authority our Europe yet again BUT we need to show the same determination + pass/movement more consistently.

Going back to balckburn if we had played like we did for the last 15 mintutes 15 minutes earlier we’d have won that easily.

We’re getting there. I just hope and pray its not a false dawn.

Enjoy, nighte lie tonight don’t come around often. Cheers fella you’vegiven me a bit of hope back. Now lets fucking bury that cunts side out of sight on Saturday

Ps Riise was still shit

At last pass and move, clinical finishing, hunger ,desire ,everything that`s been missing recently. Of course you`ll never find more accomadating opponents but you can only play what`s in front of you and all you can do is put them to the sword so top marks on that score. Makes you weep to think we ever lost to a team like that. Hopefully our season starts now.

The biggest gain from tonight is not the result, any win would have done for our Champions league qualification chances. The big gain is the confidence it will give to the players, particularly Benayoun/Crouch/Babel.

The same team next game Rafa, ditch the rotation or suffer the consequences.

The biggest gain from tonight is not the result, any win would have done for our Champions league qualification chances. The big gain is the confidence it will give to the players, particularly Benayoun/Crouch/Babel.

Couldn't agree more :thumbup:

Any win would have built up our confidence however the 8 goals will fire the lads up even more.

I doub't we'll see the same team but I think we had a great balance of attack and defence and if we keep to those same lines I think we will be fine.

Are Kuyts days numbered? It seems that everyone who he is paired up with always plays crap.

Anyone else noticed the eager in the players from the start? Mascherano going in fucking hard all the way, in tackles from the start, the freekick he kicked right in the Besiktas player that got him booked, etc.. Gerrard running all over, Riise going in for his life, etc etc..

They were up for it today, they knew they had to, and it ended good.

8-0, for fucks sake! This team, we lost for 2 weeks ago, it's crazy. I didn't have confidence at all, and was afraid we'd struggle, and then we win it 8-0!!

What a performance, and it was a shame Babel didn't get his hattrick.

Which team? The one that started, the one that finished? We used 14 players, he can only pick 11!

Problem is, one of those was a sub. Do you want Babel instead of Voronin, because he was ace.

Right first things first. Lets not sucking each other dicks just yet. A great result and performance against woeful oppostition.

BUT

The football we played tonight is exactly what we should be seeing on a regular basis regardless of opposition. The Passing was crisp, the movement was good. If a ball forward wasn’t on we went sideways or backwards but we kept possession. Don’t recall a single hoof (long may it continue) Honestkly baffled with the quality of players at our disposal why we can’t produce this kind of quality on a regular basis. We did the basics tonight extremely well. I happen to think the inclusion of crouch had a significant impact onthis but that canonly be hyptotsised.

Indivdually. Arbeloa, Voronin, Crouchie and Benayoun were superb. But MOTM still goes the Mascherano. Absolutely fucking immense – he had a couple of dodgy games where he gave the ball away a lot but what a fucking player. He’s the real; deal, bees knees, he was the hub of everything that was excellent tonight. All the players around him fed of him and did what they do best. Very much like Argentina at their best. Made up for Rick Parfit though - lot of criticism in recent weeks but he was brilliant tonight. Worked tirelessly but he also had the extra quality needed. The touch for Stveie’g goal was worlds class. Ad was Babel;’s goal - he’ll be some player in the future. As will Lucas.

Key is not to get too carried away. Enjoy it for a few days, we’ve stamped our authority our Europe yet again BUT we need to show the same determination + pass/movement more consistently.

Going back to balckburn if we had played like we did for the last 15 mintutes 15 minutes earlier we’d have won that easily.

We’re getting there. I just hope and pray its not a false dawn.

Enjoy, nighte lie tonight don’t come around often. Cheers fella you’vegiven me a bit of hope back. Now lets fucking bury that cunts side out of sight on Saturday

Ps Riise was still shit

excellent post lad.

for me it was the emphasis on keeping the ball which pleased me, especially the first half when the game was still live.

major plusses for me were the return of a fit looking harry who is head and shoulders above anything we have on the left and a chance to see Babel up front for half an hour. I certainly don't rate him as a winger but he look very decent as a striker.

But we need to build on this.