You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beskitas Tuesday

Red Nick

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PaddyBerger15

Right, I've got better things to do than talk to you bastards all night, theres important xpert11 business to be done...play nicely people.

Stouffer has had a blinder in this thread tonight.

Just need to mention this, on RAWK I had a disagreement with a poster who was saying Babel was very much like Barnes. Not in the same league, completely different kind of player was pretty much my response.

Babel's first goal today was a carbon copy of two that Barnes scored in his day, don't remember the games in question but it's just like them.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Was a good goal by Babel tonight but he has a long way to go before he can be said to be in John Barnes league.

and thats a hell of a league to be in.

If he gets halfway to what Digger achieved with us it wont have been a bad career.

Dont get me wrong, like you said its an unfair comparison.

I have high hopes for Babel. I dont know if any of you caught the bit with Jan Molby on LFC.TV before the game where he said Babel will be a very good winger but for now it would be best to play him more centrally. I agree.

Took his header well just a shame it didnt go in.

Babel seems a confidence player so hopefully tonights performance will have done the trick.

More chopping and changing for the sake of it - fingers crossed it will actually work this time.

Would have played Babel myself as that team seriously lacks pace - don't see the point with Voronin either but he'll probably go and have a class game now so fingers crossed!

I just don't see the point in constantly changing all aspects of the team - two completely different full backs from the last couple of games. Doesn't make any sense to me, it's change for change sake.

I'd say Rafa was vindicated in his choice of full backs. I think there was a point to playing Voronin as well.

I'm probably not going to get much thanks for the comparison, and it has to be taken into consideration the standard of opposition, but we played like United tonight, got it down, played it through the middle on the deck, used width, got balls into the box and actually had strikers attacking the 6 yard box with service....thats why they've been the most successful club here for the last 15 years and we haven't.

That was the big difference for me tonight.

We actually had a presence up front,something to aim for,instead of a striker standing on the midfields toes.

Quality performance - we played most of our (available) technically gifted players and played very good attacking football.

Just for all those who say rotation never gets mentioned when we win - then I will mention it now. I am not a big fan of rotation (unless players are tired, badly out of form or unless you are faced by a team that are so good that they force you to change your personnell) as such after a performance like that I believe we should keep the same team for the next game.