You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Slippered Up Match Thread

Paul

And every other time Rafa has been shown up he's learnt and come back stronger.

These players are winners. Adversity makes you stronger.

Put a fiver on us for no 19 next May.

Agree ...for sure

Nice to see our fans there showing some grace too

1 apiece now ,heres to next season

edit- nice touch from Milan at the end

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Xabi offers more going forward, Masher was booked and we had no choice but to go for it. I didnt like it as it was obvious Kaka would come alive but we had no choice for me

The fluke goal forced Rafa's hand, its true Xabi offers more in attack than the Chief. I'm not being bitter but thats football and a deflected goal is still a goal.

who are you calling a spastic you ignorant wanker..who the fuck are you apart from being some prick that acts the cunt on a forum ...fuck right off ...think your sister is calling you back to bed

Cut it fuckin' out the pair of you!

Well played redmen.

Beaten, not disgraced.

Milan were lucky, that is football.

We move on.

YNWA.

Is truth mate.

Riise cross comes off Cafu staright back at him.

Kaka looking for his sock thingy.

Offside flag waving that Spanish ref didn't see.

3-3.

it's all evens, AC Milan, despite some of theiur upper echelon shenaginans, have some players I can redspect. Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Costacurta...thety aer a club steeped in history like oursleves. Respectthem. Remember after Hillsboro they sang YNWA.

Cutting edge missing tonite, but I can honerstly say that this is not our last Cl Final of this decade.

Godspeed to all Reds heaading home---you did us proud.

Well We played better

Neither side were World Class, but AC took their chances, we have the 2005 to remember.

Well Done Milan,

I hope we meet again one day soon

YNWA REDMEN!!!

It personally didn't feel right for me, the whole game felt distant, I am Gutted, physically feel ill...

We shouldn't have lost that we should have won it easily. Unfortunately we didn't have the quality on the field in my opinion. Certain players run but just aren't good enough.

The main factors in that game was our lack of cutting edge and the referee. We had the chances given to us but didn't take them. The referee ruined the rest of everything. that guy was either bent or the worst referee on the planet.

in the immediate fall out from this game, would somebody please explain to me why The Chief went off and how Xabi Alonso was still on the field ?

Having said that, congratulations to Milan, champions of Europe, they won it fair and square....no bitterness, we are Liverpool.

because xabi was passing the ball well,

in all fairness, we didnt play pretty well as a team, and singling out 1 player is harsh, we did ok in stages, but never threated, a bit disappointed in Gerrards lack of closing down, Kuyt made more challenges than him ,and thats something that just makes my bloody boil, call me a moan, cunt, prick ,whatever you want, but surely its not right that a striker makes more challenges than a central midfielder

Please if you must continue this macho willy waving , take it ot PM eh lads - no offence llike.

hang on a sec here now ,this thread was going great till the usual forum cunt came on throwing insults around just cos people gave opinions .. ...send your goodwill messages to that wanker

Too many players didnt turn up tonight.

I thought the ref was terrible. Gattuso was getting away with the challenges all night and towards the end was lunging into our players and yet he always got the free kick.

It hurts more then ever losing tonight as we were the better team without a doubt but once again for me our toothless attack cost us.

As soon as Crouch was brought on we looked more threatening as at least the Kuyt had a partner. Kuyt was dropping deep to recieve the ball when Gerrard should have been doing that and Dirk remaining upfront.

The performance of the ref was summed up at the end there when he blew after 92:45 when there should have been at least another minute to play, even if he blew on time there was still 15 secs to go.

For me it was close to who was our best player between Pennant and Mascherano. Both players did themselves proud tonight and both deserved to be on the winning team.

Kaka, supposedly the best player in the world and Seedorf, rated very highly never got a sniff when Mascherano was on the pitch. He harrassed them all the time he was on there and should never have been brought off.

The 2 biggest dissapointents for me tonight were the performances of both Alonso and Gerrard. Neither player did anything tonight to show there world class billing and Gerrard will have nightmares over that chance at 0-1 when he should have just blasted it low and hard instead of trying to place it.

Xabi has had a very poor season by his high standards and with both Mascherano and Sissoko fighting for a first team place he is going to have to sort his head out for next season on our Premiership campaign.

Remember guys for every storm there is a golden sky. The season is over now lets start preparing for next season.

hang on a sec here now ,this thread was going great till the usual forum cunt came on throwing insults around just cos people gave opinions .. ...send your goodwill messages to that wanker

Just asking both of you as politely as I know how, to keep the fight off the thread - I'll just shut up and leave you to it if that'll help - certainly wasn;t seeking to single you out Mr Gav.

Let's not blame the ref, eh, everyone? That'd make us worse than the Blueshite. He didn't have a great game, but that's not why we lost and we all know it. We need three genuine top-class attacking players. Put Eto'o, Tevez and Alves into that squad and we'd be sublime. They're the contemporary Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge. Let's hold Uncle Tom to his word and get spending.

Herr Pfandel gave every 70-30 decision against Dirk tonight- dunno if Dirk's been slipping his daughter one or something- but a lot of decisions went against our forwards tonight. Not to mention the missing seconds at the end of the game plus the extra that should have been added on for the last Milan substitution. Herr Pfandel refs 6 Milan games, they win all 6. Given their history and his performance, something smells a bit fishy.

Not complaining about losing, mind- we played better than Milan, but didn't have the luck tonight, and as mentioned many times by others we lacked a cutting edge. Pippo is in irritating little git but you've got to admire his runs, his willingness to keep taking a chance- the hallmark of a top finisher. Lets see what the summer brings- hopefully a finisher.

Too many players didnt turn up tonight.

I thought the ref was terrible. Gattuso was getting away with the challenges all night and towards the end was lunging into our players and yet he always got the free kick.

It hurts more then ever losing tonight as we were the better team without a doubt but once again for me our toothless attack cost us.

As soon as Crouch was brought on we looked more threatening as at least the Kuyt had a partner. Kuyt was dropping deep to recieve the ball when Gerrard should have been doing that and Dirk remaining upfront.

The performance of the ref was summed up at the end there when he blew after 92:45 when there should have been at least another minute to play, even if he blew on time there was still 15 secs to go.

For me it was close to who was our best player between Pennant and Mascherano. Both players did themselves proud tonight and both deserved to be on the winning team.

Kaka, supposedly the best player in the world and Seedorf, rated very highly never got a sniff when Mascherano was on the pitch. He harrassed them all the time he was on there and should never have been brought off.

The 2 biggest dissapointents for me tonight were the performances of both Alonso and Gerrard. Neither player did anything tonight to show there world class billing and Gerrard will have nightmares over that chance at 0-1 when he should have just blasted it low and hard instead of trying to place it.

Xabi has had a very poor season by his high standards and with both Mascherano and Sissoko fighting for a first team place he is going to have to sort his head out for next season on our Premiership campaign.

Remember guys for every storm there is a golden sky. The season is over now lets start preparing for next season.

Very good post. Nice to see honest appraisals criticising the crowd favs when they deserve it.

Gerrard showed nothing tonight together with Alonso. Riise surely last match for the club?

Plus points were Pennant and Mascherano. Pennant under big pressure played very well.

I argued with me Dad throughout about Kuyt. Work hard all you like but not in the box enough. Fair play he was the one to score the goal but so many times we were left with no one in the box.

We were unlucky though. Didnt quite come right with the atmosphere or the performance tonight. Maybe next year :(