You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Slippered Up Match Thread

Paul

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually wake just before the kids at about 5.30-ish. However, today my bladder, bowel and the early morning light conspired to wake me at 4am and leave me unable to get back to sleep. I am therefore catching up on here.

The problem I have is that I'll be falling asleep on the sofa by 8pm and feel totally done in. The older I get, the worse this thing becomes. My body clock adjusts to the light and I fear I'll be in a bit of a pattern now. It's pissing me off as we're going to Barcelona next week and I'll be needing my bed just as the Catalans are getting ready to go out.

You'll have to try and get a siesta in then.

I think 7pm on here is a good idea.

I fully intend to walk through to the telly only at the point of kick off, so that'll leave plenty of time for a decent TLW jangling nerves session. I hate the build up on TV - it's twat central. I'll plus it so I can watch any good interviews the following day (assuming I still want to by then, of course) with my finger hovering over the x30 fast forward button.

From the geographic centre of Canada on the Barrenlands to Cape Town; from Melbourne to Perth; from Japan to Thailand (where is Ronnie?), from Maghull to City Centre; from Ocio Rios to Rochdale; from Sheffield to Grimsby (for the ladies); from South London to Texas-------

From the Mayan Jungle to the headwaters of the Zambezi River in the Congo Jungle.......

From fridges stocked with Red Stripe, Heineken, Fosters, Guinness.....

Drunken posts encouraged and mandatory.

Guest PaddyBerger15

The only night when absolute dire, drunken, inane twaddle is positively encouraged without getting ripped to fuck.....I like it!

Guest PaddyBerger15

Ive phoned my Dad, Ive had a pint and a ciggy bang on 6....the routine is going well. Now its ring my mate in Cambridge at 6.15 on the button, pace around the house, a pint and a ciggy bang on 7 and the European Cup is coming home I tell ya....its coming all the way home.