You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Slippered Up Match Thread

Paul

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many players didnt turn up tonight.

I thought the ref was terrible. Gattuso was getting away with the challenges all night and towards the end was lunging into our players and yet he always got the free kick.

It hurts more then ever losing tonight as we were the better team without a doubt but once again for me our toothless attack cost us.

As soon as Crouch was brought on we looked more threatening as at least the Kuyt had a partner. Kuyt was dropping deep to recieve the ball when Gerrard should have been doing that and Dirk remaining upfront.

The performance of the ref was summed up at the end there when he blew after 92:45 when there should have been at least another minute to play, even if he blew on time there was still 15 secs to go.

For me it was close to who was our best player between Pennant and Mascherano. Both players did themselves proud tonight and both deserved to be on the winning team.

Kaka, supposedly the best player in the world and Seedorf, rated very highly never got a sniff when Mascherano was on the pitch. He harrassed them all the time he was on there and should never have been brought off.

The 2 biggest dissapointents for me tonight were the performances of both Alonso and Gerrard. Neither player did anything tonight to show there world class billing and Gerrard will have nightmares over that chance at 0-1 when he should have just blasted it low and hard instead of trying to place it.

Xabi has had a very poor season by his high standards and with both Mascherano and Sissoko fighting for a first team place he is going to have to sort his head out for next season on our Premiership campaign.

Remember guys for every storm there is a golden sky. The season is over now lets start preparing for next season.

Coop, man - I think your opinions are usually bang on the money, but I'll have to take you task on two: I think every Liverpool player played well tonight. No-one had a truly great game, but then no-one was shite (although maybe that's what you meant by saying they didn't turn up).

The other is Pennant. I agree he played well. However, I think he was playing at the top of his game there, and that - for me, at least - is not good enough. I have to say that he earned a bit of respect off me tonight with the way he stuck to his job and kept them busy. However, he'll never be a goal-scorer or a consistently dangerous crosser of the ball. In my opinion, he's a nearly man. I'd rather have had Gerrard out there. For me, that was the substitution: Crouch for Pennant (which I called at half time).

Is it me or does anyone have the feeling Xabi could be off in the summer??

I just have this feeling, when Rafa has said about a mass clearout... Next season we need to strengthen up front, we keep saying it each season but we really do lack power up front...

Back to the game front, the ref was against us from the start of the game, this is the beginning of a new era at Liverpool Football Club...

The 2 biggest dissapointents for me tonight were the performances of both Alonso and Gerrard. Neither player did anything tonight to show there world class billing and Gerrard will have nightmares over that chance at 0-1 when he should have just blasted it low and hard instead of trying to place it.

ive got to agree with you there, but i thought Gerrard was abolutly woeful, i try not to slag him off too much, as i do tend, to blame him alot, but it just freaks me out, because i know how fucking good he is, yet sometimes he just jogs around like he`s having a training session, even the chance he had, he never really drove himself into the chance,

ive such a love hate realtionship with him, i love him because i know, when he plays, he can be the best player on the planet, yet sometimes, he`sa lazy cunt,

i probably want too much from players, i mean, is wanting the players to0 run so hard, that they have oxygen distress coming off the pitch too much?? :whistle:

Herr Pfandel gave every 70-30 decision against Dirk tonight- dunno if Dirk's been slipping his daughter one or something- but a lot of decisions went against our forwards tonight. Not to mention the missing seconds at the end of the game plus the extra that should have been added on for the last Milan substitution. Herr Pfandel refs 6 Milan games, they win all 6. Given their history and his performance, something smells a bit fishy.

Not complaining about losing, mind- we played better than Milan, but didn't have the luck tonight, and as mentioned many times by others we lacked a cutting edge. Pippo is in irritating little git but you've got to admire his runs, his willingness to keep taking a chance- the hallmark of a top finisher. Lets see what the summer brings- hopefully a finisher.

He was a disgrace, 6 subs, 1 in the "3minutes", 2 goals, a pitch invader (or was that first half?), constant play acting by Nesta, Inzaghi and co, taking ages and ages on throw in and yet the 3mins added time turn into 2 and a half, I think he got a bit twitchy that we'd equalise the odious cunt. Only thing we got away with was Alonso not being booked, other than that every 50/50 went to them, Gatusso after surprisingly being booked got away with murder and Kuyt and Crouch got nothing.

We had our own problems within our team tonight but having a cunt like that reffing didnt help.

And I dont care if anyone calls me "Everton like" or a "bitter" he was fucking rubbish

Coop, man - I think your opinions are usually bang on the money, but I'll have to take you task on two: I think every Liverpool player played well tonight. No-one had a truly great game, but then no-one was shite (although maybe that's what you meant by saying they didn't turn up).

The other is Pennant. I agree he played well. However, I think he was playing at the top of his game there, and that - for me, at least - is not good enough. I have to say that he earned a bit of respect off me tonight with the way he stuck to his job and kept them busy. However, he'll never be a goal-scorer or a consistently dangerous crosser of the ball. In my opinion, he's a nearly man. I'd rather have had Gerrard out there. For me, that was the substitution: Crouch for Pennant (which I called at half time).

I'd go with that as well aboot Pennant. Kewell has the extra gear, he's shown it before. Whether it is still there is a nother matter but Jermaine, I don't reckon he can go anybfirthwer. He's Newcastle/Spurs material at best.

Anyyhooo, you'll hear no fucking complasints from me. Rafa has given us many fantwstic nights.

Que sera serA

the ref was awful

don't forget the incident where he booked Mascherano when he wasn't going to and after the Milan players pressured him. CUNT

then he gave them loads of free kicks, stupid ones as well and we never got any benefit that way and to top it off blowing up early, ugh, that was weird.

seeing Platini grinning and embracing the Milan players at the end might explain a few things

the ref was awful

don't forget the incident where he booked Mascherano when he wasn't going to and after the Milan players pressured him. CUNT

then he gave them loads of free kicks, stupid ones as well and we never got any benefit that way and to top it off blowing up early, ugh, that was weird.

seeing Platini grinning and embracing the Milan players at the end might explain a few things

mATE, i hate Platini more than anyone but blaming the ref isn't what we are aboot.

And thart is what sepeates us from the others.

Yeah, there's some shiote to discuss but whne a seal clubber and a Corkonian can banter well we....off for another Guninness

hehe heineken only for me I'm afraid...just so I can use my podge and rodge opener

mATE, i hate Platini more than anyone but blaming the ref isn't what we are aboot.

Agreed. Yes we got some dodgy decisions but the fact is we werent good enough on the night. Leave the winging to Mourinho & Warnock.

I thought Pennant was our one bright spark tonight, Alonso and Gerrard looked off the pace and Dirk was once again isolated up front.

Our players were better prepared but technically inferior in too many cases.

Onwards and upwards though, tonight's just a staging post on the road to footballing nirvana 1987/88 style.

the ref was awful

i could have swarn i seen the ball coming off of Inzaghi both times, not the ref

he was crap, no doubt, in fact, he was fucking gash, but he didnt win the game for Milan,

the ref was awful

I thought that was a little too friendly.He had a big smile on his face a gave it the big YESSSSSSS.

I do not think that would have happened with us but in saying that Maldini has been around a long time and won a few medals so he must be a friend of Platini so maybe that makes sense.Probably more than I do in my mental state.

Without a doubt Pennant will probably not be able to perform better then that and we should be looking at a better winger in the summer but the point i was making was that Pennant performed as good as he could imagine if a couple more players played to there top level instead of just alright.

The sub of Crouch and Pennant would have made sense and a good call but alas tis all water under the bridge now.

the ref was awful

ahh stop it man , its bollocks ...simple truth is we lost cos we didn't create enough chances and then allowing kaka out of Javiers pocket ...ref wasn't that bad