You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan Partridge

Total Longo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Walton, you may not have liked the book one, I watched a bit of it and then recorded to watch another day but I didnt like the look of how it was going. But the above one, Welcome to the Places of My Life, is fucking spot-on, he's back. I saw it on Sky Atlantic the other day. It's just solid Partridge quality.

Reading his 'autobiography' at the moment while on Holiday, been told it was class and all the reviews/word of mouths are true.

Have found myself laughing out loud on probably every page.

A superbly written book, a steal from The Asda at just under £4. Best comedy book I've read in ages. Can't put it down.

Gonna check out the audio book soon as that's also been recommended.

• Upvote 1

Reading his 'autobiography' at the moment while on Holiday, been told it was class and all the reviews/word of mouths are true.

Have found myself laughing out loud on probably every page.

A superbly written book, a steal from The Asda at just under £4. Best comedy book I've read in ages. Can't put it down.

Gonna check out the audio book soon as that's also been recommended.

Totally agree

Its brilliant!!

I'm going to read it again complete with soundtrack.

Any Partridge fan must read it.

• 6 months later...

Alan is judging the vegetables in a tent, followed by an adjudicator:

Alan: A nice tray of plums there. Just put “nice plums”.

Alan: [Viewing some leeks] This is lovely, this. It’s sort of like an old lady’s hair. An old lady’s blonde hair. Quite attractive. I mean, put that down as a plus point.

Alan: [Viewing courgettes] These are nice. Got a nice kind of glossy finish. I knew a bloke who had fingers like that once. He’s dead now. An Irish navvy. Angina. Wasn’t pleasant.

Alan: Cabbages. Don’t like cabbages at all. Come one. Let’s get through this lot. They’re all rubbish, so take your pick.

Alan: [Viewing onions] And I’m not sure about these. Because, I don’t know whether this protrusion is a good or bad thing. Actually, this would make a very good murder weapon. Because you could beat someone to death, then eat the evidence. I’m sure Agatha Christie’s probably already thought of that one. The onion mystery. The onion murders. Good idea for a programme. Not that the BBC would commission it. They wouldn’t know a good idea, if I hit them over the head with it, and then ate the evidence.

• 1 month later...

Just found this on The Guardian's website:

The Alan Partridge movie - watch the first trailer for Alpha Papa | Film | guardian.co.uk

It's been a long time coming, but the Alan Partridge movie is finally on its way, and to whet everyone's appetites the film-makers have kindly released the first teaser trailer. With Armando Iannucci and Peter Baynham, among others, on writing duty, we're practically guaranteed to get the pure Partridge spirit, at 100% proof.

Anyway, the trailer – which opens with an eye-watering crotch shot of AP himself – is a meta-textual affair, with Partridge and pals knocking around titles for the forthcoming movie. Alpha Papa? Alan Partridge IN Alpha Papa? Colossal Velocity, maybe? (Personally, I'm all for Chap of Steel, but you can't have everything.)

The Partridge movie is due for release in the summer; are you looking forward to it? And what do you think of the trailer? Feel free to leave any and all thoughts in the comments below.

[YOUTUBE]dki17cJDp1s[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 years later...