You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Games you had as a kid.

drewy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actualy, I remember my next door neighbour and good mate had the game gear and I had the gameboy and we always used to swap them for like a day..

I seem to remeber playing a tennis game alot on it but forgot what it was called...

I've still got mine. I lent it to someone a few years back and they broke the TV tuner on me. Gutted about that.

I started off with one of these.

johnBUDGIE.jpg

Then progressed to one of these..

rb001.jpg

Then, I went into the big boys league with a Chopper, and finally a Grifter.

The Chopper, with that "duffle coat button" gearchange knob which I'm sure is responsible for increased infertility in 30-something year olds.

Well, it never got me in the knackers but it was responsible for my first serious case of road-rash. I just just fixed a puncture in the front wheel, and to make sure it was OK I came flying down the road, as you do, and pulled a wheelie. I had forgotten to tighten up the nuts on the front wheel, with predictable hilarious results.

What I remember most was lying flat on the deck, and watching this front wheel bob and bounce lazily down the road. Went home to my Mam crying me eyes out, as you do, and she belted me around the head for being a soft shite and fucking up my new kecks.

*sigh*

Happy fuckin' days.

Fuckin sweet! A Raleigh Boxer! I can still feel the injuries from my first time on it, when I pelted down our garden path (converted go-kart track) and completely forgot how to brake and steer and went straight through the wooden fence at the bottom of the garden at high speed into next door's garden. They crapped it, I bawled it.

Brother did exactly the same 3 years later, the daft twat.

I can see a picture of Jesus... or is it Shakespeare? theres someone in the wood damnit!!

*Edit* You bastard.. you changed your message... wheres the pic of the fence gone?

**Edit** I've found it...

wood.JPG

:D

For some reason when i tried to link directly to the pic it only linked to the bit at the bottom which was fence.

grifter.jpg

I loved my grifter, till some twat nicked it from the ducky.

Ah, the noble Grifter - grip shifts that gave you callouses like stones.

I had one, then I had a garish green Raleigh Lizard - can't find a pic though.

Yes many an hour turning the mudguard up so it vibrated against the tyre and made it sound like a scrambler, had the classic red myself.

• 6 months later...
370px-Amstrad_CPC464.jpg

Speccy and C64 owners can go to hell. Amstrad Action was also the best computer magazine in the world. Ever.

Word.

And whoever asked, He-Man's cat was called Cringer. He turned into Battle Cat when Adam turned into He Man, as per the titles:

"Hi, I'm Adam, Prince of Eternia and defender of the secret of Castle Grayskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said 'BY THE POWERS OF GRAYSKULL'. Cringer became Battle Cat and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe!"

He-Man was a batty boy anyway. He walked around in hairy pants and even though he was a prince, he was never chasing the poon.