You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 slices of bacon.

Also I think I've made up my mind, and decided to join the no bean camp. It doesn't taste particularly good on its own and doesn't enhance the plate either.

Always a joyful moment seeing somebody making the right choices in life

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's because those beans have been microwaved.

Heinz beans stewed properly in a pan for 20-25 mins look nothing like the ones on that plate. There shouldn't be any excess juice at all.

Exactly. For my tastes, 10-15 minutes of cooking down until they're thick and broken. Perfect. Those are runny and gross.

Was in coniston last Saturday supporting some work colleagues on an alder hey charity triathlon and four of us went to a cafe at the lake side for full English (nine pound odd,,rip off)

Beans came in a little dish separate.I Instigated the famous discussion and They were all for beans on a fry up.

Think I mentioned possibly earlier on the thread that my wife has either beans or tomatoes but cannot stand both.

Something I was pondering earlier - with beans on toast, what's the view on where the cheese goes? On the toast before the beans or on top of the beans?

Doesn't that depend on

A ) having cheese AND beans on toast?

B ) sliced cheese under the beans?

C ) grated cheese on the beans?

Something I was pondering earlier - with beans on toast, what's the view on where the cheese goes? On the toast before the beans or on top of the beans?

Why not both? When I do baked potatoes with cheese and beans I put cheese inside the potato, pour the beans over, then put more cheese on top with some Worcester sauce then back under the grill for a couple of minutes.

Proper bo.

Here we go... paid £6.50 from a little no-frills establishment called Cafe Tres in Bethnal Green, with a free cup of tea too. I was struggling this morning.. but found it tasty.. my main concern is the sausage taste like it had a lower meat content then how I would've liked it to be.

d4d302fb7e54427fc4c04eba74b7e43c.jpg

The whole thing just looks a bit dry and tasteless to be honest. Suspect toast, watery beans, ragged bacon, indeterminate sausage, pale mushrooms. And that egg. Fucking hell. That's a four on ten if I'm being generous. Which I'm not. Three on ten.

The definitive answer is to carefully shake the beans why they are still in the tin. Once you've done this you can return them to where they rightfully belong, in the fucking bin and have some tasty as fuck cheese on toast without ruining it using arse spiders covered in minge plasma, you filthy dog raping shitlord.
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Doesn't that depend on

A ) having cheese AND beans on toast?

B ) sliced cheese under the beans?

C ) grated cheese on the beans?

I was talking about grated cheese but I'm leaving it now before things get out of hand here, Remmie has taken it pretty badly and I don't want to be responsible for anything untoward. Carry this on at your peril