You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, Judge said:

In the 19 years I have been a member of TLW I have never seen Dave U be so wrong about anything as his view on Nunez. 

He sees things differently to us Mere mortals. 

20 minutes ago, Code said:

You watch 40% of the game with your eyes, the last 60% with your brain.

You definitely watch 100% of something with your eyes, I've turned a game off after 35 minutes before and while I was still thinking about the game I couldn't see a fucking thing.

Just now, El Rojo said:

Maybe. Would he work in midfield ahead of Bradley?

A lot of big decisions to be made. I genuinely fear about the authority, or lack of it, that Slot may have our ‘big’ players, who haven’t played like ‘big’ players lately anyway.

I mean they aren't respecting Klopps authority anymore by the looks of things so no one coming in is likely to command that off the bat, Slot will have to find his way to stamp his even if that means sidelining/dropping some of those 'big' players if they choose not to co-operate.

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I genuinely fear about the authority, or lack of it, that Slot may have our ‘big’ players, who haven’t played like ‘big’ players lately anyway.

If the players start acting up they can fuck off, any of them.

They're supposed to be functioning adults, highly paid adults, bought to do a job so if they don't want to do that job then we shouldn't care if they go.

• Upvote 2

Just now, waddy78 said:

I didn't see the whole game I was watching bits in work, several were bad (Salah,Nunez and Szloboslai) but Van Dijk was fucking awful from what I see.

Konate was far, far worse. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Arsenal. I'd rather the side deserving wins it more. If I want City's cheating to prevail just to stop a side who have done it properly because it actually means something then there's zero point in all of this. 

Not a fuck do I want to see those north London twats win it. They think their shite doesn’t stink now, they'll be full of their hoofball antics if they finish top. City winning means fuck all.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A lot of big decisions to be made. I genuinely fear about the authority, or lack of it, that Slot may have our ‘big’ players, who haven’t played like ‘big’ players lately anyway.

Personally I can only see that possibly working in a 4-4-2, a similar role to what Beckham played for the Mancs. Beckham was a bloody hard worker from the halfway line forward but he couldn't defend for shit - but I'm not convinced Trent is willing to work hard enough for us even in just one half of the pitch. And no-one plays 4-4-2 any more anyway, maybe our new manager will find a clever way to bring it back into fashion.

Just now, waddy78 said:

I didn't see the whole game I was watching bits in work, several were bad (Salah,Nunez and Szloboslai) but Van Dijk was fucking awful from what I see.

To be fair to the 3 centre backs, every time the ball was in the air they were blatantly fouled by the Camp Ashley Barnes without a single free kick given.

Great that three of the most devastating results after shocking performances  over the last five weeks or so came against Manchester United and Everton.

Great stuff, lads. Thanks for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If the players start acting up they can fuck off, any of them.

They're supposed to be functioning adults, highly paid adults, bought to do a job so if they don't want to do that job then we shouldn't care if they go.

Agree completely, but the real problem would be if that only becomes apparent in October. 

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He's a top, top player who can effect any game but the way he jogs around a lot of the time doesn't suit any position.

He has a choice, really. His contract situation means he could force himself out if he wants. Maybe that's what he should do. Maybe I don't know him enough, but he strikes me as the sort of player who will become lazier and lazier if he stays in a comfort zone. Alternatively, maybe the new manager is what he needs.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's a top, top player who can effect any game but the way he jogs around a lot of the time doesn't suit any position.

He has a choice, really. His contract situation means he could force himself out is he wants. Maybe that's what he should do. Maybe I don't know him enough, but he strikes me as the sort of player who will become lazier and lazier if he stays in a comfort zone.

He's a number 10. Like every other talented player who couldn't cut it in midfield.

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Horrible end to the Klopp era. Petering out, rancour from the fans, general feeling of negativity. It feels like the end of my previous marriage. 

Coming from behind so often was always going to become unsustainable. 

46 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Shanks once said "first is first, second is nowhere"

We're finishing 3rd.

I wouldn't rule out fourth just yet. 

14 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

My eyes tell me Salah had 38 touches, but my brain tells me he had 207.

Code had 207 touches at Salah's 38.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He has a choice, really. His contract situation means he could force himself out if he wants. Maybe that's what he should do. Maybe I don't know him enough, but he strikes me as the sort of player who will become lazier and lazier if he stays in a comfort zone. Alternatively, maybe the new manager is what he needs.

A key thing for me now is whether Trent and other high profile players look at what they’ve already achieved in the game and then look at Slot and think they know more than him and don’t have the required respect. 

Recent performances are giving me a real sense of foreboding in that regard. 

45 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

I think building our team around him would be a big mistake for this reason.

He's not as good as he's made out to be. Didn't miss him with Bradley in.

• Upvote 1