You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Code said:

I thought he was shocking, but I understand how people with no actual football knowledge could watch the game and hink he did okay.

Thats how it is with those who only are able to judge a game by what they actuall see with their eyes.

Come on, Code. He wasn’t brilliant but he was on a different planet to Nunez and Salah. They didn’t even look League Two standard tonight. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Anyone still defending Klopp's January announcement? 

He should have said nothing or quit there and then. 

Yeah we'd have done better if the manager would have walked out, at short notice, with 4 months of the season to play.  I hated the timing, disagreed with it but I don't know the machinations, but things are very unlikely to have turned out any better with an even more shocking development. Likely the opposite.

1 minute ago, Torvald Utne said:

But you thought Salah "made stuff happen", wish I had your football knowledge and was able to judge a game but something other than watching it with my eyes

Its not for everyone, just accept it. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I fucked this off to see The Jesus And Mary Chain in Den Haag. Correct choice from the look of it. 

The Mary Chain and a tub of ice cream.  Great thinking, clog.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

All good things come to an end. Klopp just doesn’t want to be here and boy does it show, he should have gone when he made his decision, this is just excruciating now. 

Yep. Looks like he's just been going through the motions like someone counting down to early retirement. Probably felt guilty that he'd be leaving us in the shit but he just hasn't been the same at all. I'd be very surprised if he took another job and just jacked it in altogether.

Cock. Piss. Nunez. 

Fucking awful performance. From the team. And the aforementioned player. He’s done now. Get whatever you can for him. He’s never going to be good enough. 

On the game itself, you should never be able to say that you lost a derby because the other side wanted it more. Even more so when it’s a game you need to win to keep your slim title hopes alive. 

But, that’s what happened with the exception of Diaz and maybe one or two others (being generous). You have to give Everton credit, they out battled us and took advantage of our giving up cheap goals, which has been there all season, and our recent inability to put our chances away. 

The tone was set from the non-penalty. That summed up the whole performance. Sloppy, not street smart, panicky. A really weak, insecure and immature performance. 

It might be the Klopp announcement. Or something else. But, it feels like something has gone wrong with this team over the past few weeks. The conceding first thing has been a constant all season.

But, performance wise, we were cruising along and then it’s just liked someone slammed the breaks on and every ounce of confidence, momentum, ability, fight, desire, the lot, was drained out of the team. 

Just look at Endo. He’d been great for us. Then, tonight and his past few games, dodgy. Standing on the ball. Giving it away. A free kick conceding machine.

I think Klopp should’ve stuck with most of the midfield from Fulham. The others had looked leggy. Jones doesn’t look fit. 

I think the season will peter out from here. Which is a shame for Klopp to go out in such a manner. He’s been excellent for us and deserves more. 

Big job for the new manager. The freshened up squad already looks like it needs freshening up a bit agai

• Upvote 5

Not being good enough to win the league I  can accept, especially given how far away from even challenging for it we were last year.

What I can't accept is the spineless shite served up tonight at the fucking pit of all places against a dogshite everton side.

Giving the fucking mutants in there tonight the highlight of there last fuck knows how many years and doing so in such timid, meek and spineless fashion.

• Upvote 1

For whatever reason, Sky decided to show a mid-90s Goodison derby between Royle's dogs of war and Evans' talented but flaky pushovers. Or at least that what it looked like at times.

Dave has written many times about teams shitting the bed against the blooshite at this time of the year, and being enabling twats. While it doesn't look likely that they'll go down this year, we still made sure it was our turn to look like the teams Dave slags off in his round-ups. * Slow hand clap * Some of the following is having a go at the players and the manager, which is something I don't like to do.

We gave away a lot of set pieces and never dealt with any of them. We made stupid errors at the back (Ibou was catastrophic tonight, a headless chicken in open play and nowhere near the danger for the set piece aerial bombardment), and we couldn't finish for shit. Everton looked to rattle us, and rattle us they did.

I've got to talk about our chances though, because we created enough chances to score at least once. Is Darwin ever going to show composure in a shooting position? Appearing to be both clumsy and brainless is not a good combination. Lucho probably should have scored when he hit a volley straight at T-Rex, and he was unlucky to hit the post in the second half. He was the pick of the forwards by a country mile though. Mo? Bloody hell, he looks like he's forgotten how to play football. His shooting in particular was dreadful tonight. If he has past his peak, take the Saudi millions and get the next break-out goal machine.

Our title hopes are surely over because the other two would have to collapse completely, and we would have to get our shit together and string together performances and results in our remaining game worthy of a title fighting for the title. That is simply not going to happen.

A shit night, an insipid end to the season, and a great manager who looks washed up and disinterested.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think the squad needs a lot more work than people previously thought. Horrible end to the season, this long goodbye is pretty much the worst.

It's in danger of becoming as depressing as Gerrard's farewell tour. 

8 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I like him. He has been known to. 

You're in leiden, do us all a favour, 

Get one of those infamously on time trains off yours to his gaf tomorrow, and tell him he's welcome..... But only if he fucks off that silly pretend position.... 

You're either a full back, or midfielder.... Simple as that.... 

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

The subs felt like Jurgen was taking the piss or it was one of those ant and dec things. " now leave nunez on and bring on another defender"

Exactly, the subs did not make sense at all, I can’t believe what He did at the end. 

4 minutes ago, Code said:

Thats how it is with those who only are able to judge a game by what they actually see with their eyes.

Not sure rubbing your cock on the screen every time Salah is picked up by the cameras counts as analysis.

3 minutes ago, Code said:

I thought he was shocking, but I understand how people with no actual football knowledge could watch the game and think he did okay.

Thats how it is with those who only are able to judge a game by what they actuall see with their eyes.

Where would we - the blind, who only see with our eyes - be without you translating everything into "football" for us?

Forever indebted to you.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

Yeah we'd have done better if the manager would have walked out, at short notice, with 4 months of the season to play.  I hated the timing, disagreed with it but I don't know the machinations, but things are very unlikely to have turned out any better with an even more shocking development. Likely the opposite.

I get all that. But watching Klopp increasingly disengaged on the bench and in front of the press is the most depressing of all eventualities for me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Code said:

I thought he was shocking, but I understand how people with no actual football knowledge could watch the game and think he did okay.

Thats how it is with those who only are able to judge a game by what they actually see with their eyes.

Well there was the tracking back.  There was the physicality.  There was the going on the outside, going on the inside.  There was the bringing Robbo into play in dangerous areas to cross.

There was the smacking the ball against the post from an opportunity he made himself.

But yes, he wasn't as good as Salah whose bright light was only slightly dimmed by meandering about on the right not getting involved, and looking like a 9 year old in school shoes when the ball dropped at his feet in the box.

But yes, you know so much more about football than the rest of the watching world, mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Code said:

Hopefully we get Mourinho in now

Anyone on thoughts on Konate. To me he either isn’t fit or is saving himself for a France. He looks immobile.

These boys gave up at about minute 75 here. No bottle, no fuck all. Nunez needs binning. He’s fucking awful and several more were here too.

Just now, razor said:

Well there was the tracking back.  There was the physicality.  There was the going on the outside, going on the inside.  There was the bringing Robbo into play in dangerous areas to cross.

There was the smacking the ball against the post from an opportunity he made himself.

But yes, he wasn't as good as Salah whose bright light was only slightly dimmed by meandering about on the right not getting involved, and looking like a 9 year old in school shoes when the ball dropped at his feet in the box.

But yes, you know so much more about football than the rest of the watching world, mate.

Perfect example of what Im talking about.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yep, pure shite. 

But wait, Klopps solution is to put the equally redundant Elliott on.  Again. For the 50th time, as if one day he turns into Pedri.

giphy (27).gif

Jota again injured, Gakpo unavailable. Jones has no rhythm because he’s in and out of the team as a squad player. He’s thinking, what do I have to do to secure a start? Was playing great but gets dropped as soon as the ‘stars’ are available.

As the season grinds on its clear we have not upgraded midfield as well as we thought. Injuries change players. Szobo is now a completely different player. Macca up & down like a frigging yoyo. 

As for not starting Quansah, because Klopp rotates, when VVD plays every fucking game….I have no words. Endo was fit, too. Starting him & moving Macca up the pitch should have been the initial plan.

So much was wrong tonight, but mainly, we’re burnt out. It’s a Klopp trait, but it’s not supposed to be Klopp.2 trait.

Just now, Freddo said:

Anyone on thoughts on Konate. To me he either isn’t fit or is saving himself for a France. He looks immobile.

These boys gave up at about minute 75 here. No bottle, no fuck all. Nunez needs binning. He’s fucking awful and several more were here too.

Konate is shocking, looks like he cant turn his body to the right or pass the ball to the right.