You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Local Elections 2023

skend04

Couldn't find a thread so I've decided to start a new one. Looks like turnout was down, but no idea how much of it was down to voter suppression and how much because people couldn't be arsed.

Early doors looks good for Kier, just taken Medway Council for the first time in 20 years, but the Lib Dems and Greens are also gaining. 

Looks like we could be seeing the end, fingers crossed, of the Tories if this holds until the GE but with options still open on coalitions. The shift is towards the centre/left.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Couldn't find a thread so I've decided to start a new one. Looks like turnout was down, but no idea how much of it was down to voter suppression and how much because people couldn't be arsed.

Early doors looks good for Kier, just taken Medway Council for the first time in 20 years, but the Lib Dems and Greens are also gaining. 

Looks like we could be seeing the end, fingers crossed, of the Tories if this holds until the GE but with options still open on coalitions. The shift is towards the centre/left.

I wanted to vote but had so much on that I couldn't get there. But I'll be putting my X on a sheet of paper in the GE as that's where it really counts (until local councils have more influence which is something Labour have said they want to enable).

I think a lot went for the postal vote. The whole things corrupt as fuck. Other than the greens I genuinely can’t stand any of the fuckers. 

If Labour make serious gains then you watch the Tory propaganda machine to ramp up to 4th gear. 

The local “Liberal” party put a letter through the door the other week labelled “URGENT” only for me to open it and it to be a fucking leaflet about them and not a coded mission from MI6 which pissed me off to begin with. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve been supporting my local Green Party candidate the last couple of years and this time even went as far as to don a green rosette and stand outside one of the polling stations smiling and saying hello to people when they arrived to vote.

Really hopeful she will get in, and that the horrible Tory woman she’s up against gets given the boot.

fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve been supporting my local Green Party candidate the last couple of years and this time even went as far as to don a green rosette and stand outside one of the polling stations smiling and saying hello to people when they arrived to vote.

Really hopeful she will get in, and that the horrible Tory woman she’s up against gets given the boot.

fingers crossed.

I didn't understand this until I got to the second par and read "she", good work.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Gerrin' there my son.

Is that 'the' Sophie Corcoran he was up against? The vicious pan faced bitch we all know and hate?

I've stood again as a paper candidate for the Greens, it's me against the Labour Incumbent for the Borough seat, and me against the 9 Labour Incumbents for the 9 Town seats. I'll miss out obviously but I wasn't wanting to stand anyway this time (got talked into it last minute).

That said, I'll get at least one vote in each. The photo ID was interesting, they did check my drivers licence, but it was only a cursory look if I'm honest, although the wife said they did check hers properly when she voted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Shit night for Labour- they've regained Plymouth and fucking Stoke.

The tories lost every seat that was up for election in Johnny Mercer’s constituency and Labour won every seat up for election in the neighbouring Labour MPs constituency. 

IMG_4570.gif

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

If Labour make serious gains then you watch the Tory propaganda machine to ramp up to 4th gear. 

Greg Hands has already been at it on the rounds this morning.

His defence is effectively 'we may have been shot, stabbed and beaten but some of our blood got on labours shoe so who's the real loser here'.

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The tories lost every seat that was up for election in Johnny Mercer’s constituency and Labour won every seat up for election in the neighbouring Labour MPs constituency that was up for election. 

IMG_4570.gif

It would take a heart of stone not to laugh-

He likes a fight because he used to be in the army, but doesn't like to talk about it.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Is that 'the' Sophie Corcoran he was up against? The vicious pan faced bitch we all know and hate?

I've stood again as a paper candidate for the Greens, it's me against the Labour Incumbent for the Borough seat, and me against the 9 Labour Incumbents for the 9 Town seats. I'll miss out obviously but I wasn't wanting to stand anyway this time (got talked into it last minute).

That said, I'll get at least one vote in each. The photo ID was interesting, they did check my drivers licence, but it was only a cursory look if I'm honest, although the wife said they did check hers properly when she voted.

Good for  you mate for standing at least, takes some balls that. 

21 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The photo ID was interesting, they did check my drivers licence, but it was only a cursory look if I'm honest, although the wife said they did check hers properly when she voted.

They must think you look like a tory mate

15 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep, https://whocanivotefor.co.uk/person/81090/sophie-corcoran

Second time she's lost in Thurrock. 

I had no idea that horrid little twig ran for anything? Thought she was just a gobshite with a twitter account. What next? Crafty Wank running for Blaydon and Consett? 

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep, https://whocanivotefor.co.uk/person/81090/sophie-corcoran

Second time she's lost in Thurrock. 

The shithouse won't even let people reply to her Tweets. What a diseased media landscape that makes this malevolent Steve Davies even remotely famous, this melted welly face, this mindless aberration who looks like a fake  Lion-O figure purchased from a mid-80s Garston Market. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Leavers aren't happy with the Tories and Remainers aren't happy with the Tories. I think we might see Labour stay on the fence and Lib Dems move towards a more Pro-EU stance over the next year or so and possibly towards a coalition at the next Election?

Going to be an interesting 18 months now 

Rumours are that there’s gonna be a swing on our district council from Tory to Labour & Independent. Not confirmed yet though. 

More importantly if my mate miraculously gets a seat on the town council (and it definitely would need a miracle) then I'll be dragging him to the pub tonight for an impromptu celebratory piss up. 

• Upvote 3