You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

I don't think we've gone to shit, I think we've had performances like this in us all season.  We looked like we were hitting form in January (when Salah was at Afcon?) but soon after we had the shitshow at Arsenal that seemed to knock us back a bit which was then compounded by Salah's return to the team. We've been mostly scraping by ever since.

Just now, niallers said:

Hard not be be defeatist but we look like a fucking roy Hodgson team out there today.

It's heartbreaking to see them crumble.

It's credit to their manager that they very quickly no longer look like a Hodgson team. 

Very poor half that, and again it seems like our energy and intensity is not there sadly.

Without that quality and confidence quickly disappears as well, and we are very much a mediocre team.

Diaz, Robertson and Bradley the bright spots for me, they’ve brought some energy and enthusiasm. The rest look like they want the season to end now.

All the injuries and the number of games have killed off this seaon, which is what you’d expect. I said a couple of months ago if we win the title this year it would be an unreal achievement.

Getting knocked out of the Cup by Utd hasn’t motivated them.

Tragedy chanting hasn’t motivated them.

Drawing with Utd hasn’t motivated them.

Getting hammered by Atalanta hasn’t motivated them.

It seems Klopp’s powers of motivation aren’t working.

Seeing a big 97 on the Kop and knowing what that means hasn’t motivated them.

I’m not sure what will.

• Upvote 2

Endo, Konate and Bradley have been awful

I think Konate has been crap since his injury and we look a better team with Quansah in.

Bradley’s been quiet, without being bad, for the last few weeks.

Endo just looks totally knackered. 

I think we need Trent and Elliot on. 

Endo the worst player on the pitch by a distance. Needs subbing. Get Macca in the 6 to put passes between the lines for Jones and Szobo to run onto. I would give Darwin and Salah 15 mins to prove who should stay on. Jota on last 30.

I would consider Trent for Bradley at 60 as well, we could do with some quality balls.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’m not sure what will.

You are one of the most positive blokes in these match threads and even you can't defend them. 

the whole midfield has been poor.  MacAllister has stunk the place out, as has Jones and Endo.  Get a fucking grip - there's no way we should be being beaten to every ball, nor should we be so sloppy in possession.  The less said about the forward line the better.  We do need to ship the lot of them out this summer.  Get Jota on at half time Jurgen - this is slipping away here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

I’m not sure what will.

Yeah, this is where I lie on my thoughts about it, if the players can't find a bit of fight from one of those things then nothing is going to do that for them at this point, on the plus since they are being so apathetic towards the end of the season it's allowing me to be as well, not gonna tear my hair out about results if the pricks being paid the big money to get them can no longer be bothered.

2 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Endo, Konate and Bradley have been awful

I think Konate has been crap since his injury and we look a better team with Quansah in.

Bradley’s been quiet, without being bad, for the last few weeks.

Endo just looks totally knackered. 

I think we need Trent and Elliot on. 

That’s an interesting take on Konate... He has at the very least been much better than van Dijk. 

Endo I fully agree on. He looks as bad now as he did in his first few games. 

We need Trent on even if only for his free kicks but his passing should help open them up. Unfortunately one of the 2 or 3 players who are having a go is playing in his position. Maybe it’s time to put him in midfield proper and leave Bradley at right back. Can’t be worse than what we’ve got in there now.