You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - Sun 4th Feb 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, now's not the time to think about his future. I don't really get him. He's too poor without the ball for me to play in midfield. And it's not a lack of work, the lad works. He just seems to run to the wrong places and too slowly. And up front he's just too slow and not skilful enough for me. But he's young and maybe can work on that stuff without the ball to make himself into a decent midfielder. 

I find it hard to see what all the fuss was about in the first place to be honest. 

Like you say, he has no pace, and he's never had pace, but in the modern game pace is essential in an attacker, so why was he ever lauded as an exciting attacker? 

Ok, but what about as a 10?

Well, I don't consider him to have quick feet either, or a killer pass, or a fruity skills, or strength to hold it up, so it doesn't look like he's a 10 either. 

But yes he's a good lad and works hard, although his he's not even intuitively good at closing down or positioning. 

It's a head-scratcher really. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

i thought we missed Mo today especiallly his ability to creat something best avoid all LFC related social media the bed wetting is out of control

Do you honestly hand on heart think we'll win the title now we've given our slight advantage away?

If you do, you're mad but good fucking luck to you.

I can understand people being pissed off but this is really our first loss of the season in my eyes. The Spurs game was daylight robbery and the EL games was a dead rubber. I have know idea where we will end up like everyone but today should not be classed as a marker. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I can understand people being pissed off but this is really our first loss of the season in my eyes. The Spurs game was daylight robbery and the EL games was a dead rubber. I have know idea where we will end up like everyone but today should not be classed as a marker. 

Usual patter, win a game & we're going to win the league,  lose one & it's all over.

I'm sure these people have been watching Football for three minutes, no sense of perspective at all.

Today was shite but we're top of the league and City have to come to Anfield.

• Upvote 7

Bad day at the office all around, but I think the players and manager have done enough over the past 12 months to be allowed one pass.

Once Endo gets back I think the starting midfield needs to be any 3 from these 5 - Dom, Mac, Curtis, Endo and Thiago. Dont want to see Elliott or Gravenberch starting anything other than Europa or FA Cup games. 

Happy enough with the defence and attack options once the Burnley game is out the way, with Mo, Konate and Bradley hopefully back.

I think we just got a bit too big for our boots. 

The Chelsea performance was just so bloody good, did it give the team a slightly inflated view of themselves?? 

Forgetting that it's running like your life depends on it that wins you games... You just can't have an off night against decent sides, and credit to arsenal, they are a very good side, and did to us, pretty much what we did to Chelsea on Wednesday 

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

It's three years this month since Alisson's father died, I just wonder if what happened to Bradley's dad has played on his mind a bit, because that was not a good performance from him.

Hopefully he scores another goal like he did 3 years ago 

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Do you honestly hand on heart think we'll win the title now we've given our slight advantage away?

If you do, you're mad but good fucking luck to you.

Yes despite today think we got a good chance of winning it we got big players to come back from injury a good run in fixtures if we cant be excited by the up and downs of a title race we might aswell  pack it in

I’d still take Virgil and Ali over ANY other two in world football.

We lost to Arsenal away, with at least 3 missing.

Did we expect to win every game?

This a tough one out the way. Shame we couldn’t have made a game of it but we aren’t invincible.

Now we will see what Liverpool 2.0 are made of 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I think we just got a bit too big for our boots. 

The Chelsea performance was just so bloody good, did it give the team a slightly inflated view of themselves?? 

Forgetting that it's running like your life depends on it that wins you games... You just can't have an off night against decent sides, and credit to arsenal, they are a very good side, and did to us, pretty much what we did to Chelsea on Wednesday 

I just think it was a mixture of poor selection, poor tactics, lots of players having poor performances and the extra days rest that Arsenal had since their last game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

i thought we missed Mo today especiallly his ability to creat something best avoid all LFC related social media the bed wetting is out of control

I think the absolute whoppers aside who are beyond help when we are winning or losing, a lot of it scar tissue from what has happened in previous races with the cheats.

Those seasons of 97 and 92 pts not being enough - long, long unbeaten runs still not being enough and the relentless nature of knowing that one slip is likely fatal leaves a mark - I understand why people overreact to dropped points, because sadly we have horrible first hand experience of being ridiculously good, nigh on perfect and it not being good enough to edge out the cheats.

It is silly that here we are unbeaten for 4 months plus and today is only our 2nd loss of season that we could be 2nd by time we next play - but that is where bar is now. So as i say i get it why there is apprehension, a bit of fear and bitter disappointment....It's fucking crazy and it shouldn't be case - league winning teams used to be able to lose 6 or 7 games - our last one before 2020 we only got 79 pts - the mancs under demento won leagues with 70 odd pts....but those days are long gone and the ask now is crazy and that craziness drives people crazy!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Arguably the hardest game we had left too.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bad day at the office all around, but I think the players and manager have done enough over the past 12 months to be allowed one pass.

Once Endo gets back I think the starting midfield needs to be any 3 from these 5 - Dom, Mac, Curtis, Endo and Thiago. Dont want to see Elliott or Gravenberch starting anything other than Europa or FA Cup games. 

Happy enough with the defence and attack options once the Burnley game is out the way, with Mo, Konate and Bradley hopefully back.

I want to see Endo and Mac Allister play together. I think it would help both of them.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

It wasn’t. He knew they were right on our centre backs and he tactically fouled him.

Yeah I mainly thought getting booked that early on was worse or that he could've just tried running back to our area instead, the foul could've stopped a decent goal chance for them though even though it didn't mean anything in the end.

49 minutes ago, HolyHank said:

Trent is still blessed with a passing foot and vision like no other 

We'd be fools to not take advantage of that. 

The question remains, particularly with an unstable back line, do we get an overall plus with Trent, or an overall minus.

If Trent wasn’t in midfield, we’d still have players with qualities to change the game - Jones is really stepping up, Dom is clearly a great find and Endo / Thiago good holders, Macca somewhere in between. Personally, I just couldn’t get over the stability at the back with Bradley at RB, and with Joe stepping up at LB (hopefully Robbo back to his best as well)