You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conor Bradley - Welcome to the Party

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Should be playing for the Republic of Ireland in that case.

1 hour ago, Fugitive said:

Get on the plazzy Gerry Adam’s over here.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Looking forward to your Conor Bradley thread next week

Agreed. 

11 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Should be playing for the Republic of Ireland in that case.

That ship has sailed. He’s never shown any inclination to play for the RoI - been through the NI youth system from U16. 

Whether he makes it or not (I think he's been excellent so far) it shows you the difference it makes having a right back that can actually defend on the pitch.

We look like a much more solid unit, offer up way less chances and can still attack. Klopps no mug, surely he's noticing this too. 

Trent gets beat so easily it's not even funny. We need to put him in midfield and either give the kid a run or buy a proper established right back. There's no need to shoe horn Trent into that position anymore.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Is midfield where we want a guy who gets beat easily?

I think so. With him further away from the goal and with players behind him it's less damaging. We are an attacking team, so I think we have to find a spot for Trent, he's world class with the ball at his feet. 

It's also different in centre mid, we are a  pressing  team, he'll often be pushing up against players with their back to him. His problems come when players are facing him, with space to run at him and go left or right. That happens much less in the middle of the pitch.

Going back to Bradley, he just doesn't get beat so easily and that doesn't cause the domino effect on the rest of the team (Ibu pushing over, Van Dijk coming across and Dom having to fill a gap....we can't ignore this much longer in my opinion)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

we have to find a spot for Trent, he's world class with the ball at his feet. 

I agree - when he has time to look up and space in front of him. Like he has shown from RB.

He is not world class in a "midfield way" with the ball in traffic imo, never has been.

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Trent gets beat so easily it's not even funny. We need to put him in midfield and either give the kid a run or buy a proper established right back. There's no need to shoe horn Trent into that position anymore.

I don't think that's true.  People target the space behind him, because he plays so far forward; that's a deliberate tactical choice that pays off handsomely.  When he is actually defending, he's nowhere near as bad as everyone says: he doesn't get beat easily.

I trust Klopp to decide how best to use him.

16 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

He's nails

Something to be said for blooding them in the lower leagues 

You think?

Looking at the players we’ve brought through from youth levels to established first team players over the last 30 years, I can’t think of any who have had loan spells - Robbie, Owen, McManaman, Gerrard, Carragher, Trent, Curtis. 
The kids who have gone out on loan have almost invariably ended up being sold in their early 20s. 
Not that I’d knock it. Each player is different and needs their own route to development.  

2 minutes ago, Ron B said:

You think?

Looking at the players we’ve brought through from youth levels to established first team players over the last 30 years, I can’t think of any who have had loan spells - Robbie, Owen, McManaman, Gerrard, Carragher, Trent, Curtis. 
The kids who have gone out on loan have almost invariably ended up being sold in their early 20s. 
Not that I’d knock it. Each player is different and needs their own route to development.  

Elliott and Quansah are doing alright.

Will come with time but he got in some very good positions and his passing and delivery let him down. Players got past him a few times but again to be expected. Encouraging thing is he doesn't look out of place. 

38 minutes ago, M_B said:

He's really very good. Seems confident too. Could have a top class right back on our hands here.

He has a tendency to overstretch at times but he'll learn to measure that in future. He's a bit of a maniac with the non-stop action. Fair play to the lad. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Reminds me of a young Andy Robbo 

(A younger version of Robbo, I won't pretend I watched much of Robertson until we signed him) 

Yeah, very similar in stature and playing style.

Himself and Quansah play exactly where we need proper squad options too. Great to see them emerge this season.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, very similar in stature and playing style.

Himself and Quansah play exactly where we need proper squad options too. Great to see them emerge this season.

Exactly, maybe just MAYBE The Normal One knows what he's doing.