You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) - Sat 30th Sep 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

I hadnt seen it until now but apparently Udogie after the none foul on him that resulted in Jotas first yellow was gesturing to the ref that it should be a card, all the while already being on a yellow card which should have meant he was booked for a second yellow.... Yet another bit of consistency for the list.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to imagine how you can confuse a simple concept like var, b by the use of language. It actually beggars belief in fact, that because they use particular phrases, they then end up making mistakes. How can the chap looking at the instant replay not just say "that's onside ref, award the goal" as opposed to "check complete" 

I've never been one for overly moaning about refs being corrupt. I've always been of the view that it evens itself out over the course of a season. But it's now "clear and obvious" the decision makers are lopsided in their officiating of our games. 

And I'll argue that fact with any opposition fan

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Remember how VAR explained they could't correct the ref after Maccas red card a month ago, because it wasn't a "clear and obvious" mistake? There was no need for "clear and obvios mistake" when the ref gave Jones a yellow was it?

I was just thinking this. I've seen plenty of pundits debating if that's a yellow or red. So it seemed a long way away from the impossibly high standard of 'clear and obvious' that they set for themselves. Yet a yellow was overturned anyway. 

Each of the reds and the disallowed goal all had controversial elements to them, then all topped off with that sickening own goal at the death. Infuriating. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Einch said:

4 red cards already this season. 5 in the previous 5 full seasons. All above board. Nothing to see here. 

I could understand the van dijk one. I personally think it was harsh, but it was by no means are "terrible" decision. However, the other 3 are truly laughable. 

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I could understand the van dijk one. I personally think it was harsh, but it was by no means are "terrible" decision. However, the other 3 are truly laughable. 

Especially when Gakpo had stud marks on his fucking chest last season, yet still no red. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm still pissed off! We've lost titles due to bad officiating in the past and you aren't even allowed to criticise the officials. We live in a country where you can criticise anyone and anything except the PGMOL. The inconsistencies are now so prevalent they can make decisions anyway they feel and shape the entire league. There needs to be accountability for these fucks now its beyond a joke. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, an tha said:

There simply has to be consequences for the level of error made today.

We suffer as a football club - there has to be consequences for the officials - just has to be.

Agree. And those consequences have to be organisational. This is not the isolated fuck-up of one man. It’s institutional. 

4 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I believe it was clear bias against us.

No human makes such an error, let alone a trained professional. 

My point is it doesn’t matter which of us is correct. Institutional change is the only satisfactory outcome for both. 

So often if there's a post or tweet about a controversial decision, so many comments are the usual 'cry', 'cope', 'salty' etc from opposition supporters. 

On this game it's been almost universal criticism of the referees, as opposed to the usual biased shite. This was a bad one that won't be forgotten about. 

9 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Agree. And those consequences have to be organisational. This is not the isolated fuck-up of one man. It’s institutional. 

My point is it doesn’t matter which of us is correct. Institutional change is the only satisfactory outcome for both. 

That's the problem, they are effectively unaccountable. Irrespective of whatever team you support, that set of officials should be nowhere near officiating a professional sporting event again. Quick apology if absolutely forced to and they move on. I'm beginning to feel gaslighted.

As we now know they're primary objective is to protecting themselves rather than impartially officiating games.

Thought Klopp did well in his interview on MOTD.

Came across as reasonable and non-confrontational. 
Good that he commented on the performance being memorable, despite the result, and I hope he uses that to fire the players up, not that they should need it, going forwards. Especially when we play Spurs at Anfield, I want to see Richarlison and Maddison crying after that one.
Saying he knows the officials don’t make mistakes deliberately could have been left out though. 
The “explanation” from PGMOL (Webb) is farcical and crooked.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The fucking state of this cunt. Should never be allowed to officiate an English game ever again.

And he had the nerves to give the Red cards twat.

F7TokxIWcAAlpD4?format=jpg&name=small

Is that a West Ham shirt in the background?