You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) - Sat 30th Sep 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

In all this shitshow there is a great opportunity here for us to really shine a light on the officiating....we are as high profile as it gets and we should cleverly leverage this to get the spotlight shining at full brightness on PGMOL and how they are operating and how we are being officiated.

Demento would be all over this if it was happening in his day to him, we need to do same - we need to be cute about it, but we absolutely need to be all over it.

It wouldn't have happened to them as he was dealing with referees that were leaning towards Man Utd anyway. Klopp would be like an angry man shouting at a cloud. 

I honestly don't think we can do anything about this short term except rebuff their so called explanations and apologies, just play it with a straight bat "we don't accept the explanation/apology". It would take support from influential people within football to achieve anything right now, which won't happen.  I think we can only take a longer term view, get an analyst in to review every single match in the PL every week and make a dossier and if it's damning in their anti-LFC agenda then present it to the PGMOL/FA and ask them what they're going to do about it.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

It wouldn't have happened to them as he was dealing with referees that were leaning towards Man Utd anyway. Klopp would be like an angry man shouting at a cloud. 

I honestly don't think we can do anything about this short term except rebuff their so called explanations and apologies, just play it with a straight bat "we don't accept the explanation/apology". It would take support from influential people within football to achieve anything right now, which won't happen.  I think we can only take a longer term view, get an analyst in to review every single match in the PL every week and make a dossier and if it's damning in their anti-LFC agenda then present it to the PGMOL/FA and ask them what they're going to do about it.

Big opportunity for Usher here. Although he'll need to start watching the City games.

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Hmm. Sounds like bollocks to me. All the VAR has to do is tell the on field ref it's a goal. You can hear it very clearly when rugby refs ask for clarification- 'I can award a try?' etc. What's with this 'check complete' with no further clarification shite?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

My word. 

This is the problem with lies covering up lies. 

Why didn't the var just say it was a goal when he noticed the restart wasn't from the centre circle. 

This is getting to the point where you could nearly sue

• Upvote 3

I’m far too late to the party here and everything’s already been said  but 

1) does everyone agree that we should have got a penalty when Gomez was clattered into? They checked that on VAR and still let the corner stand when it clearly shown Gomez kicked then ball out after getting booted. Isn’t this clear &

obvious 

2) Luis Diaz and Jota are shite when they get too many minutes. Last 20 mins of each game is all they should be getting here as that’s when they’re most effective.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

"Sorry" just isn't good enough either. There needs to be real penalties applied. What, I've no idea. But it can't be ok to continously fuck up and then just say "sorry" because that just dilutes the apology. Fines need to be handed out to refs and the likes of Howard Webb. The loss of money is the only thing that will make these cunts wake up.

As I said, we need a high-powered legal team to trawl through this. Take the error of playing someone who hasn't been registered, or one of those other errors of paperwork - that's usually a point deduction and a fine or a replay. That's a tad more than an 'acknowledgement of human error'. So there's a matter of legal consistency here: you do not have to accept one body refusing the kind of punishments that other bodies get, just because, well, it doesn't fancy it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Hmm. Sounds like bollocks to me. All the VAR has to do is tell the on field ref it's a goal. You can hear it very clearly when rugby refs ask for clarification- 'I can award a try?' etc. What's with this 'check complete' with no further clarification shite?

'Nuts and bolts'? Just nuts.

18 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fines, Dropping refs, Binning the VAR operator. None of this is gonna have the reach needed.

Can't believe I am quoting a Manc here, but Goldbridge calls it. This is massive now. VAR has royally fucked football over and it needs an overhaul.

They haven't actually apologised though have they....

25 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

"Sorry" just isn't good enough either. There needs to be real penalties applied. What, I've no idea. But it can't be ok to continously fuck up and then just say "sorry" because that just dilutes the apology. Fines need to be handed out to refs and the likes of Howard Webb. The loss of money is the only thing that will make these cunts wake up.

And jail time.

To say that VAR has meesed up is like saying a car has messed up. If you drive a car properly, rather than drive it coked out of your head with a towel tied over your eyes straight into a wall, it functions well enough and provides a service. Same with VAR. What needs to end is people using it who either don't understand what it is there to do, or can't be arsed to use it for what it's there to do.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fines, Dropping refs, Binning the VAR operator. None of this is gonna have the reach needed.

Can't believe I am quoting a Manc here, but Goldbridge calls it. This is massive now. VAR has royally fucked football over and it needs an overhaul.

Always knew he was stringy in Disguise 

They’ve simply got to release the audio now. 

All it would’ve took was for the VAR - Darren England - to clarify that he meant that it was a goal when he noticed that the restart was a free kick rather than a kick off from the centre circle. 

If he didn’t do that, he should never officiate a game again. If he did bring it to Hooper’s attention and the referee decided to ignore him, then Hooper should never officiate a game again. 

It would’ve took about 10 seconds to sort it out. 

• Upvote 4