You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

16 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Villa guaranteed to fuck up tonight then.

IMG_2881.png

Hopefully he’ll do the double jinx by reading out a list of facts at his next press conference too.

’Good ebening. First fact - did you know that Lima is the capital of Peru?’

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Watching Palace and Brighton

Mitoma been anonymous 

Really looks like he hit a purple patch last year and back to being a mid table winger. .

Fergusons not starting again for Brighton

I listened to the Brighton chairman on the radio a few weeks ago talking about Ferguson. Basically said that they will manage his minutes because he is going to be a huge investment for them in the years ahead.

Very well run club I must say.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I listened to the Brighton chairman on the radio a few weeks ago talking about Ferguson. Basically said that they will manage his minutes because he is going to be a huge investment for them in the years ahead.

All well and good Mr Chairman but it didn't help my Fantasy Football team last night.

On 22/10/2023 at 09:38, cloggypop said:

Utrecht 4 Ajax 3

This puts Ajax 17th in an 18 team Eredivisie in the relegation zone. 

Utrecht were 18th.

Ajax suffered one of the biggest shocks in their history as they lost 3-2 at amateurs USV Hercules in the second round of the Dutch Cup.

Tim Pieters scored twice to put Hercules 2-0 up against Ajax, who have won the competition a record 20 times.

Brian Brobbey and Chuba Akpom struck in the last seven minutes to draw the visitors level.

But Mats Grotenbreg scored three minutes into stoppage time to secure a famous Hercules win.

Ajax coach John van 't Schip missed the game because he is in Australia to attend his son's wedding.

It is the first time Ajax, who are fifth in Eredivisie - 23 points behind leaders PSV Eindhoven - have lost to an amateur club in the Dutch Cup.

4 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yup, they have done this for a while, especially as he seems prone to small injuries as well, better than grinding him in to the ground before he's had a chance to reach his full potential.

2 minutes ago, aws said:

Tippy tappy shit like Pep’s Barca.  Soulless.  

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'll give them one thing. They're something else at getting the ball back when they lose it. But so fucking boring when they have it 

I listen to a couple of football podcasts and the apathy has truly set in with them to the point they’re just mocking the absurdity of it all now.

People are getting bored of it.

22 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I listen to a couple of football podcasts and the apathy has truly set in with them to the point they’re just mocking the absurdity of it all now.

People are getting bored of it.

I think the penny dropped after last season when it was someone other than us they were cheating out of the title and people couldn't laugh at them for bottling Europe anymore.

11 minutes ago, Em City said:

I think the penny dropped after last season when it was someone other than us they were cheating out of the title and people couldn't laugh at them for bottling Europe anymore.

I think they’ll be kickback if they win back to back European Cups, as that’s the tipping point, and that’ll be from other federations.

Super League, sans the Clampits, a go-go!

11 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

All well and good Mr Chairman but it didn't help my Fantasy Football team last night.

Same with me last night. Kostas first off the bench for me.

7 hours ago, Tenfolder said:

Yup, they have done this for a while, especially as he seems prone to small injuries as well, better than grinding him in to the ground before he's had a chance to reach his full potential.

He was saying as well his grandfather was at the Red Mancs in the 60s or 70s and small injuries stopped him breaking through - the type of injuries that Ferguson has been picking up. I think it was the type of injuries that if aren't managed in the late teens will lead to ongoing issues. Shows you how much research these clubs do. Brighton are probably better able to manage someone like Ferguson than most because they'll finish anywhere from 6th-9th imo. Not chasing trophies and not in the relegation dogfight.

I wonder with Owen and Fowler if they were better managed would they have had longer careers like say Shearer. 

I've no begrudgery for villa. Fair play to them for maximising what they have.

Good manager, good ground and yeah some bell end fans but we all have them.

They've not got the squad depth to cover any injury to Watkins or a Douglas but if they strengthen in January, top 4 is definitely within their reach