You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Project Dublin

14 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest. Within 60 mins by train gets you a ton of towns to stay with cheaper accommodation. Or just don’t get a hotel on night of the final and see it through until a morning flight back home.  

Haven't looked at hotels for the dates yet, but if they were crazy expensive staying in somewhere out a little looks the best option. 

Could be hillarious in a way if we got knocked out in the quarter finals and the Mancs got to the final. All the accommodation taken up by our lot and the Mancs pissed off that Dublin is bobbins, when on the day of the game there's about 20k Scousers in the fanzone cheering on Seville or Porto.

11 hours ago, Em City said:

I live in one of the rougher parts of Dublin city and going by the gear being worn, most of the people around here support Liverpool. There was even a pub that had signed shirts and boots from Virg and Trent in a frame, but unfortunately it closed recently. 

There's plenty of scrotebags going around but overall it's a pretty safe city, certainly more than it was 20 years ago.

I was in Dublin first in the 80s and it was tough as anything but the people were lovely. Like here to be fair. I just remember the people all loved Scousers, because of family connections, the football teams and the Beatles etc, at a time when we were public enemy number 1 in English cities. 

• Upvote 1

I was going to say I can't think of anything worse, then I remembered Bruce Springsteen is playing along the road from me tonight.

Honestly quite happy to watch our European finals from the comfort of my own living room. The thought of going to Dublin with no ticket and spending two days in rammed pubs where it takes 25 minutes to get a pint gives me the heebie geebies.

Having said that, we'll have to have a good summer if we want to be anywhere near the final.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

On 30/05/2023 at 06:43, JohnnyH said:

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest. Within 60 mins by train gets you a ton of towns to stay with cheaper accommodation. Or just don’t get a hotel on night of the final and see it through until a morning flight back home.  

That was my thought.

Flights from LBA are about 9am both ways, just power through. 

A couple of my mates have already booked in Bray?

39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That was my thought.

Flights from LBA are about 9am both ways, just power through. 

A couple of my mates have already booked in Bray?

Bray is perfect.  The train from Bray literally stops 50 metres from the stadium.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Bray is perfect.  The train from Bray literally stops 50 metres from the stadium.

Splendid. Cheers.

Looking at Ryanair. Can only book up to the end of March’24 at the moment. 

If we went the last Tuesday and retuned the last Thursday in March, it would be <£50.

When they go on sale, I assume August / September time, i fully expect them to be significantly more expensive! 

On 30/05/2023 at 21:33, Mook said:

I was going to say I can't think of anything worse, then I remembered Bruce Springsteen is playing along the road from me tonight.

Honestly quite happy to watch our European finals from the comfort of my own living room. The thought of going to Dublin with no ticket and spending two days in rammed pubs where it takes 25 minutes to get a pint gives me the heebie geebies.

Having said that, we'll have to have a good summer if we want to be anywhere near the final.

negged for knocking my Bruce. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Getting there shouldn’t be a problem and I’ve got friends who live in the North. I usually drive and take a ferry from Holyhead to Dublin to get to theirs, but for that game it’d likely be either a ferry over from Cairnryan or Birkenhead to Belfast/Larne and then drive down for the game on the day. 

So, a) the team just have to get there now, and b) I have to get tickets.

Piece of piss then.

Getting mockered to death this final isn’t it.

• Haha 1

On 02/06/2023 at 07:37, lifetime fan said:

I’ve managed to get a pass as long as I take both boys. Not exactly the trip I was thinking of. 

My wife has given me the tick, Liverpool or no Liverpool.

I'm going, if the gods preserve and allow.

When I went to Dublin a married lady wanted a photo of her licking my pigs on Temple street 'to put on facebook' and I was invited to a house party whilst urinating on a wall.

Apparently they sell Guinness there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

When I went to Dublin a married lady wanted a photo of her licking my pigs on Temple street 'to put on facebook' and I was invited to a house party whilst urinating on a wall.

Pics or gtfo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

You've returned after 3 decades to tell us where we can buy Guinness?

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Who said Dubliners have no class.

To be fair to the Dubliners (not the band) myself and married lady weren't Irish, but the nice people who decided this guy is a character, urinating in public, I think were from the Dublin massive. 

My wife is working in Dublin this week. She’s already been schmoozing with the boss of the law firm she’s at about next May. 

Partially annoyed at myself for telling her a couple of the dresses she took were too booby. 

TSOP take note, I’m happy to pimp my wife out for match tickets. 

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

My wife is working in Dublin this week. She’s already been schmoozing with the boss of the law firm she’s at about next May. 

Partially annoyed at myself for telling her a couple of the dresses she took were too booby. 

TSOP take note, I’m happy to pimp my wife out for match tickets. 

I have  a handful but will need pics before committing. 

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It’s a “you show me yours, I’ll show you mine” situation. 

To avoid any arguments over who has to show theirs first, I'll be happy to step in as a neutral middleman and judge whether the goods represent a fair deal in the current market. 

• Upvote 1