You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Project Dublin

“It will depend on Liverpool reaching the final,” stated GAA stadium and commercial director Peter McKenna. “Fans will watch the game on big screens located on the pitch from the stands.”

Croke Park’s playing surface will be covered at the time for Bruce Springsteen’s concert at GAA headquarters on Sunday, May 19. 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-41351467.html

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, stadiums with less capacity than 65.000 should not be allowed to host either the CL or the Europa League final. 

Conference League final no less than 50.000. 

The “UEFA Family Ballot” is open…

https://www.uefa.com/tickets/

…Anybody successful needs to adhere to the T&C that if we get there, you’ve got to provide me a ticket.

57 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why is anybody surprised about ticket allocations anymore? It's been going on forever. Fans piss and moan but simply accept it.

Nope. 

UEFA know they’ve got the supporters by the balls so don’t care. 

When people say hold them in bigger grounds / give bigger allocations, they’ll use the excuses there a EL Final a few years ago with really small away followings and it was half empty? Not Arsenal v Chelsea, think it was Spanish sides,  although holding it in Baku is laughable. 

37 minutes ago, Code said:

In my opinion, stadiums with less capacity than 65.000 should not be allowed to host either the CL or the Europa League final. 

Conference League final no less than 50.000. 

I don’t think anything less than 80k should hold the CL Final. I know that maybe limits the game to a handful of grounds but tough. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott_M said:

I don’t think anything less than 80k should hold the CL Final. I know that maybe limits the game to a handful of grounds but tough. 

I would not really have any problem with that. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Why rightly so? IMO, they don’t have the facilities to host such a match. 

There are only 7 stadiums in Europe with more than 80k capacity. 

France (cunts)

Moscow (cunts) plus there will be no games played there for the foreseeable future

1 in Italy, 2 in Spain, 1 in England and 1 in Germany.

It will be unfair to host the final in just 5 countries every year.

12 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

France (cunts)

Moscow (cunts) plus there will be no games played there for the foreseeable future

I alluded to that in my first post - not many countries have a stadium >80k. 

Think Stad De France is 80k as well, even though they are useless cheese quaffing surrender monkeys. 

>=80k or you don’t have a stadium to capable of holding such an event.

To be honest, how many finalists don’t come from those countries? Apart from PSG in COVID19, the last side outside those 4 countries to appear in a final was Porto in 2004.

It makes sense but it’ll never happen. 

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

France (cunts)

No problem only hosting in it England, Germany, Spain, France or Italy, the winner will probably come from one of these countries anyway. Less travel. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

To be honest, how many finalists don’t come from those countries? Apart from PSG in COVID19, the last side outside those 4 countries to appear in a final was Porto in 2004.

European Football since 1992 = a giant pile of shite.

Surely the practical thing would be to put the game in Croke Park, which is over 80k.

I personally have no issue with cities like Dublin getting big games. It's bad enough that UEFA have dilluted competitions where so many countries either won't make it into group competition, or are also rans if they do, without letting them get the chance of the biggest games. Better than Paris with dickhead police and a huge population of people who are seriously on the margins and who see fans as a target. At least in Dublin, their scals are basically the same as ours.

Uefa always fuck up the allocation. It's a story as old as time.