You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Project Dublin

Back to the motherland sounds boss to me coupled with a road trip around the west coast.

Fuck it, if we are going to be building for a new era, this competition will give us a real chance of winning an important trophy and at least Dublin has a connection to most of us.

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

In terms of travel and accommodation it'll probably be the worst thing ever. When I first heard it was there, my reaction was it'd be a good consolation prize if we didn't make the CL. But now I think about it, I think it'll be fucking mental and not in a good way. 

The hotel prices in Dublin are an absolute racket but any Reds travelling should be able to get their hands on the many of thousands of Airbnb properties that have wrecked the rental market here.

I'm a 45 min walk from the stadium so I'll be looking to sell my soul to get my hands on a ticket if we get to the final.

39 minutes ago, Em City said:

The hotel prices in Dublin are an absolute racket but any Reds travelling should be able to get their hands on the many of thousands of Airbnb properties that have wrecked the rental market here.

I'm a 45 min walk from the stadium so I'll be looking to sell my soul to get my hands on a ticket if we get to the final.

The thing is we took 70k or more to Paris and people were having to stay miles away. Dublin? I'd be amazed if less the 250k went when you think of all of our Irish following and the number of part time english reds who are of Irish heritage who'll come along for the party. And I'd guess Dublin doesn't have the capacity of hotels of Paris. I'd also think there's probably more transport capacity through the channel than over the Irish sea. It's going to be a fucking shit show. UEFA finals are shit shows at the best of times. This one could be the worst, while it probably for us should be the best. 

To be honest I've not got a big downer on the Europa. 90% of the sides in the CL are bang average, most of the games are bang average, we're only told we should obsess over it because it brings cash in, cash we won't spend anyway. So fuck it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Section_31 said:

To be honest I've not got a big downer on the Europa. 90% of the sides in the CL are bang average, most of the games are bang average, we're only told we should obsess over it because it brings cash in, cash we won't spend anyway. So fuck it.

Sounds like all the other competitions we're in! 

Agree that it's not the end of the world being in this, though it needs to be just a one-year detour. 

Maybe it's the Man City effect and ourselves and Real Madrid being poor, but the knock-out stages of the Champions League have been dull as dishwater this year. They're usually the high point of the football calendar in terms of excitement and quality. 

I once got hit smack in the face by a cheeseburger in Dublin, as I made my way peacefully down a busy street in broad daylight.

My assailant was never even identified, let alone punished for his/her crime. I can only assume they are still at large.

I’ve been boycotting the place ever since. 

I urge all who travel there, to proceed with caution. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I we make it, I will move heaven and earth to be there.  

I think the couch at my father-in-law's in Rathfarnham might be available, if I give him enough notice (later this afternoon!!!).

And my brother-in-law has a season pass to Aviva - which perhaps might help.

Anyone fancy a pint (of Guinness)?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I once got hit smack in the face by a cheeseburger in Dublin, as I made my way peacefully down a busy street in broad daylight.

My assailant was never even identified, let alone punished for his/her crime. I can only assume they are still at large.

I’ve been boycotting the place ever since. 

I urge all who travel there, to proceed with caution. 

9k=(27).jpg

• Haha 1

Some Romanian pimp daddy (literally, he was about 70) gave me grief outside a Dublin club once. All these old women were outside coming up to us begging and I started singing: "Romanian woman, stay away from mee-heeee!" 

And the old bloke just flipped me the finger and pulled a face like Hector Salamanca.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

In terms of travel and accommodation it'll probably be the worst thing ever. When I first heard it was there, my reaction was it'd be a good consolation prize if we didn't make the CL. But now I think about it, I think it'll be fucking mental and not in a good way. 

It would be an utter whopper fest

• Upvote 1