You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Foundation - Liverpool Legends vs Celtic Legends

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Still pretty ambivalent about Torres, given his efforts towards the end of his time with us. 

Me too and with Aldo being involved today I wonder how that went because he said he’d never forgive him how he left and was pretty scathing of him 

1 minute ago, Dapower said:

Me too and with Aldo being involved today I wonder how that went because he said he’d never forgive him how he left and was pretty scathing of him 

Suarez tried to leave us every twenty minutes but was still incapable of not giving 100%. Give me that any day over Torres sulking.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Not just me then. I wouldn't give the cunt kennel room, same goes for Michael Owen.

Yes I wouldn’t personally have them involved in the club in any capacity more  so Owen

17 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Still pretty ambivalent about Torres, given his efforts towards the end of his time with us. 

My ex-wife directly links the disintegration of our marriage to the day Torres left, and she is 100% right to.

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Okay, sorry. He never tried to leave us at all. Ever. And definitely not every single summer.

He wanted out that one summer when the club threw him under the bus and the entire country was calling him racist. Then, like you say, he stayed for one more season in which he pulled his tripes out.

So, no: not "every 20 minutes" and not "every single summer".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

Fowler, surely?

Nah, loved him when he was young and tempestuous but he tailed off massively after that, seemed to just fade away when Owen turned up. Could be a bit of a helmet at times too.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He wanted out that one summer when the club threw him under the bus and the entire country was calling him racist. Then, like you say, he stayed for one more season in which he pulled his tripes out.

So, no: not "every 20 minutes" and not "every single summer".

This actually started with me praising him for never giving less than 100%, but anyway. 

Odd for a player to be open to a move to another English club (and not even one better than us - Arsenal!) in 2013 if his main issue for trying to leave was, as you suggest, the entire country calling him racist.

17 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

This actually started with me praising him for never giving less than 100%, but anyway. 

Odd for a player to be open to a move to another English club (and not even one better than us - Arsenal!) in 2013 if his main issue for trying to leave was, as you suggest, the entire country calling him racist.

It’s much easier to forgive Suarez, though.

He never pretended to be anything other than what he is.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

It’s much easier to forgive Suarez, though.

He never pretended to be anything other than what he is.

That’s my whole point. Couldn’t even help him myself from winding us up at the Nou Camp in 2019. Think he was genuinely taken by surprise at the level of the reception he got as a result in the second leg. 

Probably on the wane a bit by then because we contained him handily enough.

Ridiculously good for us though, and incapable of phoning it in. 

And the time he tried to get a goalkeeper penalised for handling the ball in his own box is up there with Diego’s two goals against England. 

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That’s my whole point. Couldn’t even help him myself from winding us up at the Nou Camp in 2019. Think he was genuinely taken by surprise at the level of the reception he got as a result in the second leg. 

Probably on the wane a bit by then because we contained him handily enough.

Ridiculously good for us though, and incapable of phoning it in. 

And the time he tried to get a goalkeeper penalised for handling the ball in his own box is up there with Diego’s two goals against England. 

There was a rumour going around last year that he was trying to fake his retirement, in order to get a move to the MLS.

Gutted it wasn’t true, would have been such a perfect way to cap a glorious career of skullduggery.

Took my youngest, mentioned elsewhere, he was born the day after our 4-1 against Utd in 2009.

Spent all day up to the game telling him how boss Torres was for us, watching the game and he didn't get the hype, he was more impressed with Maxi and Dirk!

Must admit I got a lump in the throat when Sven walked out to a standing ovation.

• Upvote 8

I have forgiven Torres because of how shit he was for Chelsea. We signed him, had his best years, sold him for a decent profit then effectively replaced him with Suarez.

Injuries had clearly fucked him when we sold him too, so I don't think he'd ever have got back to the level he was at at the start of his Liverpool career.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I have forgiven Torres because of how shit he was for Chelsea. We signed him, had his best years, sold him for a decent profit then effectively replaced him with Suarez.

Injuries had clearly fucked him when we sold him too, so I don't think he'd ever have got back to the level he was at at the start of his Liverpool career.

I think the club must have told Kenny he was busted that’s why he’s said yeah I’ll sell him if we bring in Luis Suarez and Bez from the Happy Mondays 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Nah, loved him when he was young and tempestuous but he tailed off massively after that, seemed to just fade away when Owen turned up. Could be a bit of a helmet at times too.

I'd go along with this.  I can't remember the opposition, but I remember a slow rolling ball heading for the touchline nearest the Kop and Fowler giving it up and turning away, just in time to see Owen race after it, slide and keep it in to cross it to an absent Fowler who was trudging back to face what he thought was going to be a goal kick.

Things were never the same from that moment.  He was yesterday's man.

Before then, a man worthy of everyone's love.

• Upvote 1

Fowler was badly treated by Houllier. It all stemmed from Houllier signing a dressing room spy (Jean Michel Ferri) who fed back everything to Houllier and he didn’t like Fowler for being a bit of a scally and having a laugh despite him being the most clinical finisher in the league. Prim and proper Owen was breaking through then he signed Heskey as a perfect foil for him. Fowler was cast aside at a club he was a God at. 

Robbie Fowler will always be my favourite ever Liverpool player. I’m walking the dog up to see his new mural tomorrow. 

Fernando Torres for two years was the best striker on the planet. We got that. He deserved medals and it should have been with us. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fowler was badly treated by Houllier. It all stemmed from Houllier signing a dressing room spy (Jean Michel Ferri) who fed back everything to Houllier and he didn’t like Fowler for being a bit of a scally and having a laugh despite him being the most clinical finisher in the league. Prim and proper Owen was breaking through then he signed Heskey as a perfect foil for him. Fowler was cast aside at a club he was a God at. 

Robbie Fowler will always be my favourite ever Liverpool player. I’m walking the dog up to see his new mural tomorrow. 

Fernando Torres for two years was the best striker on the planet. We got that. He deserved medals and it should have been with us. 

Ferri hardly spoke English, highly doubt he had a clue in scouse. He might have been a spy but I really wonder what he would tell Houllier….