You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Foundation - Liverpool Legends vs Celtic Legends

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

In a charity game? There's no excuse for that full stop..a charity game you honestly need checking for sanity. 

It's a stupid act that has no place in football full stop.....but sadly it does exist and sadly all those who were doing it saw was a rangers manager winding them up - that is sadly enough to trigger some idiots into doing what they did....epsecially if as likely they were tanked up.

For me Gerrard would have just been better off not going down that road.

• Downvote 2

Just now, Lee909 said:

Fucking hell

Really people trying to put some of the blame on Gerrard. 

It isn't blaming him - it is just pointing kut that sadly the celtic/rangers rivalry is so poisonous, so hate filled and sadly people especially when bevvied will and do act lile pricks.

As a former rangers manager and one who denied celtic 10 in a row i just feel trying to wind the celtic fans up as he did was not a good idea.

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

It's a stupid act that has no place in football full stop.....but sadly it does exist and sadly all those who were doing it saw was a rangers manager winding them up - that is sadly enough to trigger some idiots into doing what they did....epsecially if as likely they were tanked up.

For me Gerrard would have just been better off not going down that road.

I'm not saying people aren't like that. To my original point, many people are hate filled and the old firm are leaders in that field. I'm just saying how shit your life must be to carry that much hatred you feel the need to do that at a charity game. Anyone who isn't a complete cunt would have just seen it as the joke it was. They give him some verbals, he gets to camp it up when he scores in front of them..and it should end there and there's something deeply wrong with you if it doesn't. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A couple of plastic bottles from a couple of pissed up kids who had travelled en masse for a charity event. Gerrard was the pantomime villain and the whole game and in and around the stadium pubs etc was all in good spirit. Wankers everywhere including the prick who got dropped outside the Arkles for calling a Celtic fan a paedo.  Although I genuinely think he was an Everton fan. 

Always boss when the likes of Mook jump on the slightest thing but didn't bat an eye-lid when Rangers fans ran at the Liverpool end at ibrox. 

Great day had by all, don't let the scum bring anything down. 

YNWA 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not saying people aren't like that. To my original point, many people are hate filled and the old firm are leaders in that field. I'm just saying how shit your life must be to carry that much hatred you feel the need to do that at a charity game. Anyone who isn't a complete cunt would have just seen it as the joke it was. They give him some verbals, he gets to camp it up when he scores in front of them..and it should end there and there's something deeply wrong with you if it doesn't. 

It is of course utterly moronic behaviour - sadly the poison and hatred for many in the old firm rivalry goes way beyond being able to engage in 'panto' style banter....add in loads of ale and it is a perfect storm.

It is something i find sad - but it is a fact.

My point is Gerrard would know that and he should have not bothered.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Gerrard was getting booed all round the stadium but, most booing him applauded him especially at the end when he had his kids on. 

There was zero venom, Gerrard even had to ask the Kop for backing when taking a corner. Its was a funny, happy day in good spirit. Only r*ngers fans will try and make a deal out of anything. Course he was going to get booed. 

Just now, an tha said:

It is of course utterly moronic behaviour - sadly the poison and hatred for many goes way beyond being able to engage in 'panto' style banter.

No, he should have done exactly what he did. It was funny all game and all in good jest, a few dicks have thrown plastic bottles that missed anyway. 

Just now, Kevin D said:

So far we’ve had, he shouldn’t have been celebrating, it was only a few people, and they missed anyway.

Eager to see where this goes now.

Why do you care? Neither of your teams were playing 

• Haha 1

The whole ground sang fuck the tories. If Liverpool played the other lot today, just like last time, the whole ground wouldn't have been singing it because a corner of flag shaggers would have booed. As it happened, Celtic brought 4000 down for a charity game and to salute Kenny Dalglish. 

Celtic > the queens gammon Chelsea reserve non European cup winning weird 11 

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gerrard was getting booed all round the stadium but, most booing him applauded him especially at the end when he had his kids on. 

There was zero venom, Gerrard even had to ask the Kop for backing when taking a corner. Its was a funny, happy day in good spirit. Only r*ngers fans will try and make a deal out of anything. Course he was going to get booed. 

They threw bottles at him. 

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Have you ever been away with Liverpool when we lose? In particular Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Goodison (appreciate that's a rare one) ? 

57 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is of course utterly moronic behaviour - sadly the poison and hatred for many in the old firm rivalry goes way beyond being able to engage in 'panto' style banter....add in loads of ale and it is a perfect storm.

Why would he have to do that? Players would do it in every single game. Even stig has mentioned it was mostly light-hearted. But some just can't help being cunts..there's no excuse for being a cunt. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Have you ever been away with Liverpool when we lose? In particular Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Goodison (appreciate that's a rare one) ? 

It's a fucking charity game. 

And btw, we have loads.of cunts who support us. But I'd be pretty sure we wouldn't have that level of hatred in a charity match. It's meant to be a laugh to raise money for those in less fortunate positions. Not carry on a 300 year war. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And btw, we have loads.of cunts who support us. But I'd be pretty sure we wouldn't have that level of hatred in a charity match. It's meant to be a laugh to raise money for those in less fortunate positions. Not carry on a 300 year war. 

That's right Barry, we aren't Celtic or r*ngers so of course the love of hatred wouldn't compute. 

Talk about how much money Celtic and the Celtic Foundation raised today more than a couple of tits who threw bottles. Every single pub around the ground was full with Reds and Celts having a great time and the two food bank stands were fully blessed. 

Today made Kenny shed a tear, that YNWA was powerful. Fuck the tories and fuck anyone who supports them. 

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That's right Barry, we aren't Celtic or r*ngers so of course the love of hatred wouldn't compute. 

Talk about how much money Celtic and the Celtic Foundation raised today more than a couple of tits who threw bottles. Every single pub around the ground was full with Reds and Celts having a great time and the two food bank stands were fully blessed. 

Today made Kenny shed a tear, that YNWA was powerful. Fuck the tories and fuck anyone who supports them. 

I've no issues with the good lads who've come and had (and also helped make) a great day, quite the opposite, good on them. But it should never wash over the dickheads and they fucking mental hatred. It's tolerance of all that, that leads to worse. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sadly as already said for some the animosity/enmity runs too deep - it is sad but true. Exacerbated by drink no doubt.

I just feel that Gerrard would have been better off not doing it - but we can agree to disagree.

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've no issues with the good lads who've come and had (and also helped make) a great day, quite the opposite, good on them. But it should never wash over the dickheads and they fucking mental hatred. It's tolerance of all that, that leads to worse. 

Ask yourself who started the hatred. But, it was just a few pissed up nobheads who had travelled down drinking on coaches from 4am. 

You and I can't question the hatred, we have no right to do so. I'll stand beside the good over the evil though, just like the whole ground did today. 

No Pasaran. 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ask yourself who started the hatred. But, it was just a few pissed up nobheads who had travelled down drinking on coaches from 4am. 

You and I can't question the hatred, we have no right to do so. I'll stand beside the good over the evil though, just like the whole ground did today. 

No Pasaran. 

I have every right to question hatred if it steps over the mark and it did. The fucking rear guard action on here defending in indefensible is incredible.