You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Arsenal to win the league?

Kevin D

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I sometimes want Arsenal to win it but then the sight of Arteta and Ben White gets in the way.

Came here to say exactly this.

I watched the highlights of the Arsenal Newcastle game and it just made me angry.  12 minutes of highlights that basically involved the ref blowing for nominal challenges, being surrounded, brandishing a yellow card, then a cut away to Arteta remonstrating aggressively with anyone within screaming distance of his stupid block of a head.

The cheek of him saying Arsenal should have had a pen for ball to hand after what happened to Jota earlier in the season (neither were a pen), put him top of my list of people I can't stand.

That Ben White is an absolute droid of a person.  A modern footballer bingo card, he's never had a flicker of self-awareness or a thought of his own in his life.  His idea of "locker room banter" will be farting into his hand or making jokes about "g o a t".  He's the type who will drop to the floor in the opposition half, then later on kick someone from behind and complain when he concedes a free kick.

I bet he's got posters of Ronaldo on his wall, or plastered to the inside of his home solarium.  I hate him.

So it's City for me.  The sooner the league becomes predictable / boring the better.  Get those ledgers opened.

On 07/11/2022 at 01:28, Kevin D said:

Ordinarily, there'd be a poll here, but our fearless leader fucked this forum up good so that's not one of the functions anymore.

It's a simple question, really.

Do you want to City smash their way to 90p and dominate the league without us their to press them, or do you want Arsenal to do them and win the title?

Hadn't checked in in almost two years, good to see not much has changed round these parts.

Also Arsenal fans can go fuck themselves with the wrong end of a porcupine the cunts, they along with the rest of the league were cheering City on when we won it and again last year. City every day of the week for me.

Remember when a lot of Liverpool fans could not understand how fans from other clubs rather wanted City to win instead of us?

How could they not join us in the fight against the «evil Man City» was the question asked? How could they not understand we were leading the fight for everyone else many Liverpool fans wondered.

Looks a bit pathetic now or what?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Code said:

Remember when a lot of Liverpool fans could not understand how fans from other clubs rather wanted City to win instead of us?

How could they not join us in the fight against the «evil Man City» was the question asked? How could they not understand we were leading the fight for everyone else many Liverpool fans wondered.

Looks a bit pathetic now or what?

Fans in being hypocritical bellwhiffs shocker.

Arsenal all day every day. I lived in London for a bit and back in those days before Ethan and Mia were hitting the Emirates, their support at Highbury was the soundest of all the London clubs. To be fair a low barometer but I never minded them. Proper football club.

People want us to lose because we are relevant. It's like the Red Mancs if we're honest. Middle England doesn't love us so we are public enemy number one. Nothing new there.

City have the likes of Kyle Walker who openly sang a song referencing the Sean Cox attack. That was probably the lowest thing I've seen a domestic footballer do. They have Bernardo Silva who is a classless cunt. They are a disease on the game. I might want them to finish above the red Mancs but that is the height of it.

I have faith that this shitty season will be corrected next season and we can challenge for the title next year. Far better for us that City lose a little of that invincible feel. Very few teams have a pop at them and when they do like Brentford, they regularly get results.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have officially moved into don't care territory now...our problems are so big and all consuming that it just does not matter.

As every other year the team who win it will deserve it.

Yeah it is frustrating after what we have been through in recent seasons - but as i say our problems are all consuming now - fuck arsenal.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

After previously against the idea the fact that Utd seem to be creeping up means I might have to revise my thinking.

Exactamundo. But I have stated previously that I am not surprised by this at all. I'd hate United to win it for a multitude of reasons,but mainly because it was those cunts who began the obscene transfers,wages and lit the sportswashing fuse. Also and despite their hypocritical fans histrionics over the Glazers,they have been continually spending on players and it was only going to take a half decent manager to rectify previous mistakes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Watching this with my lad who is a big arsenal fan. You’ll notice very few if any of the away fans are wearing replica shirts. Apparently the club advised them not to because of safety concerns. Spurs are a nasty bunch, one of the worst London clubs for hooligans. 

Yep. Me and two school mates went to the 82 League Cup Final v Spurs as 14/15 year olds and didnt wear colours. One mate almost got stabbed as we had to walk back through thousands of Spurs fans to access our lift home. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yep. Me and two school mates went to the 82 League Cup Final v Spurs as 14/15 year olds and didnt wear colours. One mate almost got stabbed as we had to walk back through thousands of Spurs fans to access our lift home. Cunts.

They’re genuinely unhinged about Arsenal though. It’s not a rivalry, it’s genuine hatred. 

It actually is really depressing me that these fuckers are going to win it and match the tally of our great side and they’ll get to lift it the proper circumstances. The manner in such we finally did it in 2020 behind fucking closed doors just sums up the modern Greek tragedy that surrounds us.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LFC 6 Times said:

It actually is really depressing me that these fuckers are going to win it and match the tally of our great side and they’ll get to lift it the proper circumstances. The manner in such we finally did it in 2020 behind fucking closed doors just sums up the modern Greek tragedy that surrounds us.

We had a chance to repeat it in 2021 but the FSG mingebags wouldnt spend the money and now here we are.

2 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

This is it for me to, that being said we are entirely the architects of our own demise.

29 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Watching this with my lad who is a big arsenal fan. You’ll notice very few if any of the away fans are wearing replica shirts. Apparently the club advised them not to because of safety concerns. Spurs are a nasty bunch, one of the worst London clubs for hooligans. 

Probably because they are grown men.