You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Arsenal to win the league?

Kevin D

31 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

None of them will turn it down. But that doesn't make him any less guilty now. The man was a fucking drugs cheat, so he doesn't care about financial cheating. He just wants to pretend he does. There's no way he will walk, if they ever get found guilty, he finds a way to wriggle out of it, like it was all before his time and he's clean or some such shit. 

im not saying he is.

Im just saying that looking for moral highground in footy is a bit of a thankless task.

On 15/05/2023 at 11:47, JohnnyH said:

I now wouldn't be at all surprised if Forest beat Arsenal on Saturday and City win it with 3 games to spare.

As per the standard football forum gobshite protocol where when you guess something and it happens you then quote yourself and act like some pseudo football intellectual, I present you my random guess from last week. Oooh look me, I know LOADS about football. 

• 11 months later...
On 08/11/2022 at 17:09, Bob said:

Right now, I don’t believe Arsenal have a realistic chance of winning the league. I think they’ve ridden their luck a lot to be where they are right now, and that will inevitably end.

I also think their squad depth is awful, and a few injuries will really hurt them. They might get lucky and not pick up too many at one time, but that feels fairly unlikely given the congestion challenges this season more than any other, so I expect it to happen at some point.

If, however, they are still competing at the end of the season, I can’t imagine I’ll be rooting against them. I don’t dislike them particularly, although their fans are whoppers, I don’t know many, so I think I’d end up rooting for them over City.

While I get the argument made by some that none of City’s success really counts, and I personally don’t credit them because it’s on the back of financial doping, the reality is that it does count, the record books do show it, and it isn’t ever going to be reversed - like it or not.

So a season where they win nothing would be welcome.

I've just read back cause I couldn't remember how I'd replied and I reckon this was a decent post back then. It turned out as I expected it to.

The season i hoped for where city win nothing didn't quite happen!

As for how I feel now, to be honest I'm more conflicted.

Ultimately though, I couldn't get my head round why everyone in the country would rather city win another title than us, so I'd like to root for arsenal rather than be a hypocrite, and them earning their stripes last year means they deserve it more if they can/do win it, but... in this season when Klopp is off, it would have a feel of slightly diminishing his achievement so maybe deep down I'm still rooting against them.

I think I am.

I hate City and have no respect for them at all. I dislike Arsenal but do have respect for them.

I should probably prefer an Arsenal win but think the only chance of City being pulled up on their crimes in the long run is if they utterly dominate. So if we're not going to win it then it's probably better if those cunts do.

1 minute ago, aws said:

We’d have to put up with the City celebrations for a day or two. The Arse celebrations would carry on for years. 

Yeah, true enough. And rightly so. It’s a colossal achievement to beat the cheats, and only ourselves have done it since they went into Guardiola-assisted overdrive.

I get why people don’t want Arsenal to win, but we really need to lay off the ‘people are mean about us on social media’ stuff if we’re similarly in the mix next season. 

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I get why people don’t want Arsenal to win, but we really need to lay off the ‘people are mean about us on social media’ stuff if we’re similarly in the mix next season. 

I couldn't care less about what happens on social media but I'm not sure it's the same thing.

I could completely understand a United or Arsenal fan thinking the same as us with roles reversed, but you see fans of fucking Burnley and Brentford favouring City for completely different reasons.

• Upvote 1

Nope, would still much rather the cheats win it.

Can't be arsed with the various Arsenal fans I know who were not bothered with football anymore prior to the last couple of seasons giving it the big one, also cant be arsed with the narrative that will be painted around how it isn't a one team league because plucky underdogs Arsenal(who have binned off playing domestic cups early the two seasons they've done well) managed to secure the league.

• Upvote 1