You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cardiff (H) – FAC 4th Rnd, Sun 6th Feb 2022 (12:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

A left footed Centre back, instead of right for Konaté,  who was also much slower and 2 inches shorter than him. So apt! 

Well I’m not looking at height stats etc but I guess you have practise with that what with stalking women at the gym you fucking whopper.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I don’t know what we are trying to achieve with Jones. I don’t understand what role we are asking him to play. I genuinely don’t think he knows either. He holds play up, slows us down, and doesn’t release the ball quickly enough. He’s a shadow of the player who originally burst onto the scene.

I agree - he's obviously asked to retain possession more than risk it with adventurous forward play.  Going to be moot anyway now Thiago and Fab will be back.  

1 minute ago, J-V said:

Well I’m not looking at height stats etc but I guess you have practise with that what with stalking women at the gym you fucking whopper.

Nice non sequitur, mate. 

It's easy; compare players who are similar in playstyle and not stereotypically because of race. Because you look like a dickhead. I'm really just helping you here.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I don’t know what we are trying to achieve with Jones. I don’t understand what role we are asking him to play. I genuinely don’t think he knows either. He holds play up, slows us down, and doesn’t release the ball quickly enough. He’s a shadow of the player who originally burst onto the scene.

Agree I though he offered nothing for us today. I said to my brother that I am unconvinced by him but he has time.

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

What a refreshing interview from the Cardiff boss, not taking the easy route of claiming they lost because of the Kelleher non-red card, which an absolute succession of LMA’s favourite sons down the years would have been clinging to for dear life.

Colin by any chance?

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Jonesy had a shit game today but some of the stick he's taking is over the top imo.

Still only a kid but he has bags of skill and he's bigger and faster than almost all of our other midfield options. I like him.

I like him as well but he had a stinker. The subs brought the game to life. 

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I don't think it's meant to be complicated, it's just midfield. 

Always want the boys to win so it's a good result. The truth is I didnt get excited once, the domestic cups just dont do it any more for me.

First half performance was poor. Far too many players leaning back coming onto the ball and ballooning it over. Absolutely shocking finishing.

Lots of debate over their shout for a pen. Have to say if that's on one of our attacking players, Im shouting 'Penalty' for that. It was a clumsy challenge \ running into the player. I thought there was an offside immediately before it but, it turns out it was a little before.

2nd half was a better performance and let's be honest, it wasnt hard to be after the poor first half. Kelleher could have seen red on another day and I think the fact Konate was level with him meant he wasnt last man denying a clear scoring opportunity?

Nice goals by Jota, Taki and Harvey. Luis did great work along the goal line pulling it back for Taki to eventually rattle it in. Bit of concern when he went down clutching his knee and hopefully, it doesnt balloon between now and Leicester.

Great to see young Harvey come on and look like he hadnt been out for 5 months. Even better, scoring his first for the first team at Anfield in the kop goal.

More than happy those who went and support the cup exploits saw some goals and a win but I really cant get excited about the domestic cups now. City get yet another easy draw in the next round with peterbrough while surprise, surprise, we get another PL team to play, albeit Norwich.

Then you get tits like carragher saying Jurgen and the club should have 'won more.' Maybe if we'd got the easy ties for the last 4 or 5 years city have had, we might?

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Nice non sequitur, mate. 

It's easy; compare players who are similar in playstyle and not stereotypically because of race. Because you look like a dickhead. I'm really just helping you here.

You can’t help yourself pleb. Your first instinct is to bring skin colour into something so your a racist cunt we get it.

Go bother women down the gym again one may take you up on it at some point you creep.  Trying to help you here mate.

1 minute ago, Boss said:

I honestly don't see it with Jones. Happy to be proven wrong of course, but there's no comparison between Elliot and Jones. One is constantly looking to affect the game and the other just strolls around nonchalantly.

He needs a loan or something next season.  Though he rarely looks more than just Ok anyway.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, J-V said:

You can’t help yourself pleb. Your first instinct is to bring skin colour into something so your a racist cunt we get it.

Go bother women down the gym again one may take you up on it at some point you creep.  Trying to help you here mate.

Relax, mate. You're hysterical.

A characteristically rusty display after a bit of time off, which for the first hour or so was not helped by our inability to raise the tempo. Maybe a general lack of pace in attack was part of the problem, or maybe it was the players knowing what they had to do on the pitch but lacking the sharpness to do it.

When we did finally put some moves together in the first half, the shooting was woeful. Diogo went for power over placement after a Bobby-like but of skill to get away from his marker, when a measured finish into either corner was on. The other goal attempts? Deary me. The people in the top tier of the Anny Road were regularly having to duck. Then there was Naby looking to blam a 30 yarder only to kick right over the top of the ball resulting in a tame pearoller that trickled wide. Or Trent looking to hit a shot only to pull the ball across the penalty box and out of play for a throw.

VAR got the 2 calls right as I don't think it was a penalty for Cardiff (though Ibou was a bit fortunate there) or a red card offence on Kelleher, although he did miss the ball and catch the Cardiff player.

Diogo's heading ability is very good and he got the opening goal with a well-placed header from Trent's free kick. Taki doubled the lead after great work from debutant Lucho (that's what he's known as so I'll run with it) to win the ball back on the dead ball line led to Taki hammering the ball home.

Best moment of the game without question was Harvey getting his first goal, and really well-taken it was too. He's busy and mobile and uses the ball well. Jones is a bit more casual with his movement and use of the ball. He's not crap by any means, and it could well be that he's being asked to play differently to his natural game to develop into a more all-round player.

A moment of sloppiness let Cardiff in for a consolation but we're through to the next round against Norwich at home. No surprise that City have got a monumental task ahead of them in a domestic cup tie.

Hopefully that blew the cobwebs away. Great to see Elliott score. He was the one player who looked to spin around and play the ball forward rather than just stay with the back to goal and pass it backwards. 

Konate looks as though he's done little but sit on a couch eating burgers for the past month. He really needs to get his focus back.

I still think refs should just book a player for time-wasting if they spend ages drying the ball with a towel before a throw in. I hate that stupid tradition - I think that loon John Beck at Cambridge started it ages ago and now loads are at it, even when the player doesn't have that long a throw. Book them for time wasting and it'll soon fade away. And someone in the crowd should've nicked the towel!

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think it was a pen, the player had the ball he's every right to change whatever direction he wants,  konate clumsily fell for it. Its not an outrageous decision but I'd of given it. 

*Have 

If the Cardiff player had taken the ball with him when he changed direction I might have agreed with you