You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 16/11/2020 at 12:22, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, we're still negotiating to buy the Moderna one, obviously six vaccines isn't enough.

I don't know why I'm asking again because I know you'll probably ignore it but do you think we are in a second wave? Are you man enough to admit you were wrong and this wont be over in the winter? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I don't know why i'm asking again because I know you'll probably ignore it but do you think we are in a second wave? Are you man enough to admit you were wrong and this wont be over in the winter? 

The winter hasn't even started yet. Happy to adopt a wait and see policy on this one.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep, I didn't say it had, but you know that. What about the first question? Have we seen a second wave? 

It depends how you define second wave. Technically there has been an uptick of deaths of people with coronavirus. Excess deaths are however only a smidgen above average, in stark contrast to earlier in the year.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It depends how you define second wave. Technically there has been an uptick of deaths of people with coronavirus. Excess deaths are however only a smidgen above average, in stark contrast to earlier in the year.

Wasn't it agreed that if we get over 500 covid related deaths in a day that would mean a second wave? I mean, we all know you were massively wrong from the start. Like embarrassingly wrong, I just want you to admit it. Actually do I? I don't know. I like the chase. you were wrong. Be man enough to admit it. For once. There really is no shame in admitting you got it wrong despite you're degree in Coronavirus. Trust me SD, I really wanted you to be right. Nobody knew or still knows what this thing is capable of. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wasn't it agreed that if we get over 500 covid related deaths in a day that would mean a second wave? I mean, we all know you were massively wrong from the start. Like embarrassingly wrong, I just want you to admit it. Actually do I? I don't know. I like the chase. you were wrong. Be man enough to admit it. For once. There really is no shame in admitting you got it wrong despite you're degree in Coronavirus. Trust me SD, I really wanted you to be right. Nobody knew or still knows what this thing is capable of. 

I don't know. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but for me a wave of deaths ought to involve people dying at a rate significantly greater than expected, as was happening in April and May, and a peak should actually be a peak rather than a flat line.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't know. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but for me a wave of deaths ought to involve people dying at a rate significantly greater than expected, as was happening in April and May, and a peak should actually be a peak rather than a flat line.

Over 500 deaths isn't significantly greater than expected? Wow SD. You've massively outdone yourself there. The amount of deaths are 'significantly' greater than you predicted. 

"embarrassing'. Superb. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Over 500 deaths isn't significantly greater than expected? Wow SD. You've massively outdone yourself there. The amount of deaths are 'significantly' greater than you predicted. 

"embarrassing'. Superb. 

I'm looking at the total number of deaths in the UK from all causes. At the moment they are slightly above the five year average, therefore within expected parameters, virus or no virus. This was not the case in Spring. People were dying in much greater than usual numbers.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm looking at the total number of deaths in the UK from all causes. At the moment they are slightly above the five year average, therefore within expected parameters, virus or no virus. This was not the case in Spring. People were dying in much greater than usual numbers.

Why are we in a second lockdown? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its a delayed first wave, I know because I've got a degree in waves 

tenor.gif?itemid=5247865

So the first wave started, ended and has started again?