You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

57 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

My Girlfriends Grandad is in hospital with Covid, doesn't sound like he is going to pull through. 

Sorry to hear that mate.

My mother was diagnosed positive a few days back and went to hospital last night. Luckily they feel it was just dehydration and they gave her an IV and a sted and she was not admitted.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Trump is tweeting about how all the recent vaccine developments took place on his watch, trying to take some credit for this. 

Sound. We'll just ignore the other stuff that happened on his watch then. Like the close to 250k coronavirus deaths. 

Horrible cunt of a man. 

Trump's gonna Trump.

37 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I saw that Hancock couldn't rule out mandatory vaccines earlier on a tv clip, hardly surprising that a Tory can't rule out going full fascist I suppose. Fucking scum.

(A) it's great news we have a couple of good vaccines

(B) you should take one, you shouldn't need to be forced

(C) it will be safer, less of a risk to your health, than contracting Covid

(D) he doesn't know the answer to the question, he likely has no overview of the legal issues, he's just being vague and useless

45 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

(A) it's great news we have a couple of good vaccines

(B) you should take one, you shouldn't need to be forced

(C) it will be safer, less of a risk to your health, than contracting Covid

(D) he doesn't know the answer to the question, he likely has no overview of the legal issues, he's just being vague and useless

I don't agree with shouldn't need to be, you simply shouldn't be forced at all. I hope a and c are right but we still have zero long term knowledge of these vaccines that have been released so quickly so there's always going to be an element of hoping it turns out ok. I agree that Hancock is probably useless too, unless your aim is studying clowns.

Forced vaccinations population level could result in a lot of people being forced to have something that could result in long term injury or death (they might leave people with medical issues alone but more medical issues will probably be discovered only once it's too late with a country-wide vaccine.) Yes this will be a low percentage but it could still be a large total number because you're dosing a population. The vast majority of people will be fine I hope, but for those that are unfortunate they'll literally have been killed or maimed for life by the government, and being killed by a government forcing injections whilst at the same time supporting the removal and censoring of those that oppose them from having their voices or arguments heard is nothing other than fascism.

And if we ever get to that stage they'd better be prepared for the biggest amount of chaos from the public that they've ever seen. The groups we've seen protesting in London so far will pale in comparison, it's likely to get badly violent and will easily risk getting out of control. That should only be expected though if they're having injections of vaccines they don't think are safe forced into their bodies at the same time as opposing views are scrubbed off social media if they have too much influence.

It potentially sets us on a dark path from here on out too, especially if we ever have a bad combination of individuals in corps wanting the money and influence from vaccine creation along with far right governments in power.

And imagine if they try that shit in the US with 70mil+ Trump supporters, many of them armed. That wouldn't be good.