You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never understood this. I don’t wear footy shirts myself, but have no problem with adults who do. Anyway, loads of teams still have traditional looking home kits.

Most of the clubs who have traditional looking kits (in this country at least) tend to be those who are not looking to sell to kids who follow players and not teams etc. 

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never understood this. I don’t wear footy shirts myself, but have no problem with adults who do. Anyway, loads of teams still have traditional looking home kits.

It’s true though. I’ve got no issue with how anyone else dresses or looks, I for one am totally aware I look like a twat when I’m wearing my Chicago Bulls jersey but getting angry at the design of something that’s aimed at a different age range is a bit like complaining about the quality of super hero films or WWF wrestling. It’s the kids who consume these products whose opinions matter.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The home kit is an homage to the 70s kit when the red coloring leaked into the white trim and turned it pink.

What’s the excuse for the black trim on the back of the neck then?

1 minute ago, El Dangerous said:

In those days the players worked so hard the sweat ran in to the collar and turned them black.

Well in that case I guess the home kit is perfect then. Still looks fucking shit to me, but what do I know? 

10 hours ago, Pete said:

In my humble opinion Nike seem to be a bit shit at this football kit malarkey. 

We've caught them at a time when kit desigb is going through a shit period generally sadly - and they are shitter than most!

A few years back Nike were making clean, classy looking kits, but now it is like the early to mid 90's again and all manufacturers seem to be at it, Nike are really shite in a sea of shite right now.

Hopefully this period does not last long and clean and classy returns soon again.